Low grade bug report

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Calle,

A few little bugs for you to chase (using Beta 14 in REAPER):

Crash when floating plugin GUI
i. Load a sample, SFZ or SF2 file from the file browser (double-clicking or drag/drop).
ii. Quickly double click TX16Wx in REAPER's fx list to float the plugin.
iii. Crash.

The crash doesn't happen if I wait until the info bubble disappears before floating the plugin. Perhaps that's a clue?

Incorrect load of SFZ loops
SFZ files that have looped samples don't loop. You have to go into the group editor and manually select all the loops which is pretty tedious when there's lots of samples.

Undo/redo related problems
I've had some crashes when I've instinctively hit ctrl+z to undo an operation in TX16Wx but the keystroke triggers REAPER's undo, causing the plugin to be unloaded. Activating the redo command in REAPER to put the plugin back often causes a crash or puts the plugin back but all the edit's I had made are lost.

Is it possible to somehow synchronise the plugin's internal undo with REAPER's undo/redo system, so that hitting undo in REAPER undoes the last action in the plugin? Adjusting parameters of other plugins creates REAPER undo points but I don't know if it stores just the old/new parameter value or the entire plugin state.

That's all for now. Congratulations on getting this beautiful new version out into the world! I was starting to get used to the workflow in v1 but v2 is a massive leap in usability. Bravo.

IXIX wrote:Hi Calle,

A few little bugs for you to chase (using Beta 14 in REAPER):

Crash when floating plugin GUI
i. Load a sample, SFZ or SF2 file from the file browser (double-clicking or drag/drop).
ii. Quickly double click TX16Wx in REAPER's fx list to float the plugin.
iii. Crash.

The crash doesn't happen if I wait until the info bubble disappears before floating the plugin. Perhaps that's a clue?
This problem should be fixed in b15.
IXIX wrote: Incorrect load of SFZ loops
SFZ files that have looped samples don't loop. You have to go into the group editor and manually select all the loops which is pretty tedious when there's lots of samples.
Can you send me an SFZ that behaves like this, because this should work, and does indeed with at least those I've tried. However, SFZ spec and actual files tend to differ quite a bit, so examples would be good.
IXIX wrote: Undo/redo related problems
I've had some crashes when I've instinctively hit ctrl+z to undo an operation in TX16Wx but the keystroke triggers REAPER's undo, causing the plugin to be unloaded. Activating the redo command in REAPER to put the plugin back often causes a crash or puts the plugin back but all the edit's I had made are lost.

Is it possible to somehow synchronise the plugin's internal undo with REAPER's undo/redo system, so that hitting undo in REAPER undoes the last action in the plugin? Adjusting parameters of other plugins creates REAPER undo points but I don't know if it stores just the old/new parameter value or the entire plugin state.
Alas, here there is little I can do... :-P
Reaper apparently treats Ctrl-Z very special and will not allow me to trap the key (TX16Wx does listen for it, but being a plugin, one does not have final words on these things). I think you will have to get used to using the undo button in TX16Wx.

For a "normal" small plugin with a finite set of parameters Reaper will actually use undo to unset parameter changes that are reported out to the DAW. Since TX16Wx is quite a bit more complex than that, this is not feasible, thus the undo queue is internal. As I said, I have not working solution for this...

Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote: Can you send me an SFZ that behaves like this, because this should work, and does indeed with at least those I've tried. However, SFZ spec and actual files tend to differ quite a bit, so examples would be good.
Will do.

Regarding undo, fair enough. I figured that might be the case. Maybe the REAPER devs might be able to put something in place for situations like this. After all, yours isn't the only plugin with internal undo.

If I can get it to reliably crash on undo/redo I'll let you know.

Weird behaviour : previewing a loop sample from the internal browser loads the loop in a new track... in Reaper !?

sinkmusic wrote:Weird behaviour : previewing a loop sample from the internal browser loads the loop in a new track... in Reaper !?
No, but you might be noticing a sortof unwanted side effect of drag and drop. When you start a drag from the file browser, the browser itself is not a valid drop target (to prevent accidentally loading samples). However, reaper will catch all drags that are refused by child windows (i.e the plugin). Thus, if you begin a drag but end it before you've left the file browser, it will end up in the host...

Now sure how to solve this. Maybe not use compatible drag & drop in the browser, but then you cannot drag files from there to reaper/explorer if you want to.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Ok, thank you for the report.
It is not a big issue, i can live with it :)

Return to “CWITEC”