Save = could not creat file

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

1) I open the plugin in Cubasis vst5.
2) I save (new program and bank) before starting. It works.
3) I insert the sound wave (bass) on the keyboard.
4) I backup. But this time I have the following message: "Could not create file."

I tried to save several different places, but it is similar.

What should I do?

Thank you
F.

I'm not sure what you mean by "backup", but assuming you are saving the bank, the "could not create file" would indicate that saving a wave file cannot be done, I'd assume because either the file is open somewhere else, or the folder is write protected. Though, based on what you described earlier I'm not sure why it would need to save the wave at all.

It might help if you add some details on what exactly you do.

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hello,
I'm not sure what you mean by "backup", but assuming you are saving the bank,
Yes. Specifically, I want to save the work done in the TX16Wx.
the "could not create file" would indicate that saving a wave file cannot be done, I'd assume because either the file is open somewhere else, or the folder is write protected.
The wave file is not open elsewhere. Also, I tried to save to different locations on the PC, but I still have the same message.I
It might help if you add some details on what exactly you do.
do exactly as I noted above, no more, no less.

What does it do, exactly, to save his work ?

Thank you,
F.

Hello,

So ... I tried everything to make a save (programs, performance, bank), with icons or right-click, but not impossible. Whatever the destination folder I have always the message "Could not creat file".

I feel it ressenble to instability of the software. In any software there is nothing else to do than click on "Save" (menu, right-click, or icon) and it works ...

Help,
Thank you.
F.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what is going wrong. What plugin in Cubase 5 are you talking about?

What operating system do you have? If it is Windows, you could try to start Cubase with the "run as administrator" option.
Analog Fusion - 99 Studio Electronics SE-3X presets
Analog Wonders - 100 Behringer Pro-800 presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Hello,
What plugin in Cubase 5 are you talking about?
This is not Cubase, but Cubasis vst 5. The plugin is TX16Wx, who does not want to save my work.
What operating system do you have?...
Installing and runing Cubasis in administrator...

Thank you.
F.

Hello,

Still no support for TX16Wx software?

Help!

Thank you.
F.

You still have not defined what you mean by "I backup". Since there isn't (to my knowledge) any such command in cubase/cubasis, I'll assume that you are doing a project save. Replying "do exactly as I noted above, no more, no less" when I ask you to clarify what you mean is not a great incentive for me to try to help you.
However, you state a few posts later that you try to save banks/performances/programs and get the same result. That most certainly narrows it down, since the only thing that would give that message is wave saving.

What is the path you are trying to save into? In general, TX16Wx should be fully unicode compliant and handle whatever the file system gives it, but there might be some weird bug there.

Also, to track down:
  1. Load a single wave, go to wave editor
  2. Use "Save As" and save it somewhere. Did this work?
  3. If so, place the wave in a new group in an empty program
  4. Use "Save As" for the program, uncheck "Copy content" Did this work?
  5. Use "Save As" for the program (or perf or bank, does not matter), but ensure "Copy content" is ON now. Did this work or break?
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hello,

You still have-nots defined what you mean by "I backup".
>>> I stated in my second and third message."

do exactly as I Noted above, no more, no less"
>>> Sorry, there does not see an offense or another. I just want to say that I make no complex manipulations ;-).

So finally I followed exactly the precedure, since a "New performance."
This time everything worked. I do not understand why it did not work before!
It seemed to me, wearing the same thing (...).

I remain vigilant about this...

Thank you. ;-)
F.

Return to “CWITEC”