Need help with Creative Audigy!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the Audigy Platinum soundblaster and never had any problems with it, but now there's something wrong. It creates this static sound when i record (input or other) and it gets louder and louder. And its weird that one channel is picking up more noise than the other. I muted all the incoming signals and controls but the noise was still there. Whats even more strange is that with Windows sound recorder there's no problem, but in Cool Edit and Soundforge the static noise is there. I tried switching drivers and removing the soundcard but it didn't help. Might it be that there's a short circuit? This sucks, help please!

hlms

holmes wrote:Might it be that there's a short circuit?
You can rule that out because MS Soundrecorder works fine.

If it worked fine before, think about any hard- or software you installed prior to your problems. Removing this might do the trick?

Also, if you re-installed the card, did you try another PCI-slot?

Peter.

There's a simple solution. Find the nearest bin for the audigy and don't be nasty to others by selling it on. Buy a new non-creative card and all will be well in thy virtual studio.
Sorry if I'm no help but I'm an ex audigy user who's still a little bitter about the experience!!

Ok, I checked all the cables, reinstalled the drivers, removed any software that i've installed lately (crusherx live demo, magenta demo etc.), wiped the dust off the card, prayed, did some other things and it seems to be working fine now.

I never took those negative reviews of audigy seriously but I might have to reconsider now...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”