Couple of Questions about Kontakt Kits

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
really happy with the Rogers Big R Dub Kit. Lovely sound and well thought out interface.

Couple of questions which I couldn't find answers to in the manual.

Hi-Hat choking
Is there a way to set up a 'choke' group setting for the hats? It doesn't seem possible to automatically choke the open hat on trigger of the other hats. This would be a great addition if it were possible.

Individual Outs for channels
Is there a way to send individual channels in the mixer to individual Kontakt output channels. I'd love to be able to process some of the channels with effects other than the (lovely) built in impulses, but couldn't work out how to do it, even when I opened the kit in the 16-out Kontakt version. If it is possible, it would be good to document this in the manual. If not, it's something I'd love to see in a later version. Especially critical for a dub kit.

Anyway, thanks so much for making this lovely kit available. Fantastic sound - so excited to have a kit of this quality.

Ben

Thanks for you comments regarding the Rogers Dub Kit. I'm glad you like it!

In answer to your questions, the hi-hats are all in their own choke groups already.

Check that you don't have the VDrum or Yamaha MIDI loaded as these maps override the choke groups allowing the hi-hats to be controlled by MIDI foot controller data instead, to be compatible with those particular V-Kits.

All the other maps use choke groups to allow one articulation to stop another.

The outputs can be assigned from each channel on the mixer but are only assignable if you are working within a DAW. They also have to be set up in Kontakt but you can start assigning them. The process is also slightly different from DAW to DAW.

The Kontakt manual is a bit vague on this area unfortunately but there's a really good video on Youtube where someone goes through the process of setting up and assigning outputs in Kontakt 5 using Logic 9...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-e5mpt5ic

You can apply most of what's in that video to more or less any DAW though.

Many thanks for the reply.
I'll check things out again tonight and let you know if I have any problems.

Ben

Choke Groups working fine now - don't know what the problem was yesterday.

Figured out the multi kontak outs after watching the video.

After you add the additional channels in the Kontak mixer, a new section becomes visible at the bottom of each of the Drumdrops Mixer channels and you can now assign the drum drops channels to the kontakt outs. Thanks!!

We have added a quick guide on our site about how to use multiple outputs in Kontakt 5.

http://www.drumdrops.com/using-multiple ... ntakt.html

Brilliant - thanks for this. I also found this a useful video as it describes how to get those multi Kontakt outs enabled in Cubase.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjY2Cj_3xoA

Return to “Drumdrops”