Request for basic feature - Fades and Crossfades

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys!

Am I the only one who questions Bitwigs decision of leaving out an almost basic feature of daw-software: Fades and crossfades in audio?

I know that they have fade-buttons (for ignoring clicks and pops of audio-borders), but seriously - I use it in Ableton (and other daws - pro tools and Nuendo) all the time, and this should have been a priority for Bigwig to have a minimum of this going on in their first version. A simple expansion of the fade-buttons could be nice (adjust fade length etc.) - but maybe Bitwig are saving this for version 2 (or 3?!). I personally think this takes way too long in the gain-automation and it is a cumbersome and tiring thing to do, when it is such a basic task in almost all other softwares. Please Bigwig - take this request seriously! I can't stress how much this is an important part of an editing-workflow to be able to do this. And don't get me started on the missing crossfade-feature...

It is a somewhat "small" feature, but it is personally holding me back from buying this otherwise great looking and feature-packed software.

Correct me if I am wrong about all of this (hope that you can do it) and show me the page in the manual for all of this! :pray:

No it's not in there. Technically there is some crossfade functionality in there but no, it's not editable:
kurasu wrote:Regarding cross-fades, the anti-click fades as we call them do cause the audio event playback to overlap into the neighboring event so they can be use to splice audio without clicks or volume dips, so they are essentially cross-fades. However you can't control how long they are, they're using a fixed duration. As dom pointed out it is quite different to implement features like this for us compared to a traditional daw due to the complexity added by multiple audio events in clip, clip looping and the clip launcher - we want to make sure we nail it completely before doing it.
There has already been a lot of chatter about this though and as you can see the devs have noticed. I'm sure they know it is one of the more obvious omissions in v1 so don't worry too much.

Agreed, a much needed feature. We don't need another Ableton.

Return to “Bitwig”