Issue with Realivox Blue

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Realivox Blue

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I've just finished a track with Blue as the lead vocalist, and have had some small issues here and there, but in the end i got there.
However today i loaded the project in Sonar X3 and the very first "phrase" that has worked perfectly in the past, all of a sudden no longer works!

Here's the Kontakt Screenshot: 
and here is the Midi roll: 

IT refuses to play "week" and repeats "moh" I have tried the following things: 

Purging the Samples
Rewriting the midi data 
Shortening/lengthening the notes previous/after
Erasing and Rewriting the "phrase"
and I'm kinda at a loss, as it has only just stopped working for me. 
Error Demo (http://adobe.ly/1yYhUGt)
Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided :) 

Sometimes phrases will exhibit odd behavior if they try to play transitions faster than the lengths of the transition samples have time for. But your track is not fast at all, plus the transition from “moh” to “week” is particularly easy for Blue. So that’s not the problem.

Your MIDI roll looks great. You have nice overlaps, so that’s not your problem. (Although as an aside, you might want to slide the second syllable a little earlier, because for the transition from “noh” to “moh,” there is an extra “Close into m” sample that gets triggered before the “moh” sample. It “closes” the oh vowel into the next syllable’s “m,” since in real life, it’s not possible to instantly go from a vowel to an “m” sound. We do it that way to make it sound more believable, but that extra sample does add to the time of the transition. With all that said, you seem to have already figured out the benefits of sliding the notes for timing, like how you did with “ness,” so take what I just wrote as strictly a “maybe” thing.)

You correctly have Phrase Legato enabled, so that’s not it either.

Purging samples wouldn’t have any effect, unless you were at your computer’s memory limit, but I doubt that’s the case.

The only guess I have is that maybe the keyswitches are somehow confusing matters. If that low C keyswitch gets read *after* the phrase starts, then it would restart the phrase. So you would get “noh noh moh week.” Wait a minute . . . I’m listening again to your audio file and . . . that seems to be what I’m hearing! It starts with “non noh,” not “noh moh,” which means the phrase was re-triggered.

So I’m pretty sure that the problem is that the phrase is getting retriggered by that C1 keyswitch after it already started. Good news, because that’s an easy fix. 8) Just slide that C1 keyswitch a little earlier. (Or slide the first singing note a little later.)

You don’t want both the keyswitch and the first note to be *exactly* at the same time, by the way, because then you have to hope that your sequencer plays them in the preferred order.

While I’m in Tweak Mode . . . :D . . . you might want to add the tiniest bit of vibrato on these notes. I personally also like to slightly fade the volumes halfway through notes on slow phrases like this, but that’s just me, and I like how yours sounds already, so maybe not. (Do try a touch of vibrato, though.)

I’d love to hear this piece when you’re done, by the way.

Return to “Realitone”