Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Official support for: bitwig.com
User avatar
dom@bitwig
KVRian
912 posts since 1 Nov, 2012 from Berlin

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:47 am

xbitz wrote:+ the duplicated sampler should copy its popup "state" too :)
Indeed. Just talked about exactly that yesterday...

Cheers,
Dom

User avatar
gesslr
KVRian
514 posts since 8 Apr, 2014 from USA

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:50 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:Wow, I can hardly keep up LOL

:tu:

Thanks Volker!

Cheers,

Tom
I can't keep up! :shock:
------------
MacPro 5,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.12.6 | Studio One 4| Waveform 9 | Logic Pro X | BWS 2.4.3 | CubasePro 10 |

http://www.soundwaremedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/geo.napier3

User avatar
Andrey Marchenko
KVRian
711 posts since 12 Sep, 2013

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 am

dom@bitwig wrote:Gentleman, please keep it on topic.

@Geek Model: I don't get the problem you have with the cue marker. It looks just as intended and in order to select it you can click on the whole name of it - not only the little box. Or what exactly is your issue?

Cheers,
Dom
For me it's hard to take a complete picture of UI with little issues like this.. Of course now all can think that i'm crazy or whatever but good product need to be a full-fledged in interface parts too (not only in technical part). Sometimes good results depends not only from technical aspects ;) I mean that Cue Marker should be visible like others and not just half of it:

Image

User avatar
shonoob
KVRian
538 posts since 8 Jul, 2015 from Canada

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:56 am

I agree mate!

Fjorko
KVRist
498 posts since 26 Mar, 2014

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:01 am

Geek Model wrote:
dom@bitwig wrote:Gentleman, please keep it on topic.

@Geek Model: I don't get the problem you have with the cue marker. It looks just as intended and in order to select it you can click on the whole name of it - not only the little box. Or what exactly is your issue?

Cheers,
Dom
For me it's hard to take a complete picture of UI with little issues like this.. Of course now all can think that i'm crazy or whatever but good product need to be a full-fledged in interface parts too (not only in technical part). Sometimes good results depends not only from technical aspects ;) I mean that Cue Marker should be visible like others and not just half of it:

Image
Agree, no right and should be fixed ( which i'm sure they will get to at some stage )

User avatar
dom@bitwig
KVRian
912 posts since 1 Nov, 2012 from Berlin

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:10 am

Ah, ok, than that's just a matter of taste then but not an actual technical or workflow issue.
Not to play it down completely, we're also big fans of GUI aesthetics, but others perceive the big gap as ugly that would result when showing the left side of the cue marker completely.

Something we might play around with a bit eventually, but currently there's only your report for that and unfortunately there are still some more serious issues to be taken care of.

Cheers,
Dom

User avatar
Andrey Marchenko
KVRian
711 posts since 12 Sep, 2013

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:14 am

dom@bitwig wrote:Ah, ok, than that's just a matter of taste then but not an actual technical or workflow issue.
Not to play it down completely, we're also big fans of GUI aesthetics, but others perceive the big gap as ugly that would result when showing the left side of the cue marker completely.

Something we might play around with a bit eventually, but currently there's only your report for that and unfortunately there are still some more serious issues to be taken care of.

Cheers,
Dom
So in this case maybe turn flag of cue marker to the right side of it? I think it will be best solution here.

User avatar
svervs
KVRist
409 posts since 16 Mar, 2013 from BLN

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:34 am

Geek Model wrote:So in this case maybe turn flag of cue marker to the right side of it? I think it will be best solution here.
Why don't you simply define a shortcut? These are one of my favs shortcuts anyway ...

codec17
KVRAF
1516 posts since 14 Feb, 2010

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:58 am

dom@bitwig wrote:
xbitz wrote:+ the duplicated sampler should copy its popup "state" too :)
Indeed. Just talked about exactly that yesterday...

Cheers,
Dom
Wait.......... WHAT?! You guys working on that!????
:pray: :pray: oooooh can,t wait!
Sample flippin surfing... and get to my hidden sample folders where i didnt come for months!
Dust of some old noises.

Oh EDIT... with every clean sampler .. not only duplicated. :D :o

User avatar
owensands
KVRian
696 posts since 27 Mar, 2014

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:53 am

shonoob wrote:The 'loop' feature in bitwig doesn't work as intended in Group mode.

Eg) I made a drum group, and toggled so I only see it and I wanted to loop 2 bars of drums so I stretched out the loop region over two bars, but it only looped 1 bar (As the project loop is separate for some reason and the project loop wasn't changed from 1 bar to 2 bars).

Please fix!!
Confirmed looping only works with the main projects loop that was set. Anything set when entering a group doesn't work unless it matches the loop set for the main project and entering a group defaults the loop to the first bar of the group.

wn 7 64 bit

User avatar
dom@bitwig
KVRian
912 posts since 1 Nov, 2012 from Berlin

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:11 am

Just a heads up: That's a known one, no need to send it in...

User avatar
billcarroll
KVRAF
1843 posts since 9 Dec, 2011 from falling

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:10 am

I had strobe playing a midi loop and dropped in UAD EMT 140 as an insert effect. When bypassing the UAD EMT 140 using the bigwig bypass button the sound is still effected, but not by reverb ... rather some weird artifacts that change the sound dramatically, almost a sticking sound.

Anyone else with UAD confirm this?

You can work around the issue by using the UAD bypass, or by putting the reverb in an effect layer and then bypassing the effect layer works properly.

Mac Yosemite, Bitwig 1.2 beta 10.

User avatar
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
5300 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:50 am

Sticking sound when deactivating a device is a very old one indeed. Happens all the time.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

User avatar
dom@bitwig
KVRian
912 posts since 1 Nov, 2012 from Berlin

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:01 am

Toogle activate or bypass button? Those are two different functions.

Cheers,
Dom

User avatar
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
5300 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:09 am

dom@bitwig wrote:Toogle activate or bypass button? Those are two different functions.

Cheers,
Dom
Both. Sounds like the last buffer content is looped forever, so usually it's some rather piercing tone.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

Return to “Bitwig”