[Repro-1] Released!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Chris-S wrote:Repro-1 was rated 6/6 in all 4 categories in the recent issue of BEAT magazine (03/2017).

Congrats to the u-he team.

:tu:
Yay! 8)

Now can get Prophet 1 voice in Hardware Box

http://www.soundonsound.com/news/pionee ... -prophet-6

Ingonator wrote:
aaron aardvark wrote:Ingonator,
No problem. Not like I spent loads of time on it. Cubase is the only computer-based DAW I have ever used, so I am a bit naive when it comes to other DAW's.
Got Cubase Pro 9 too and it would be nice how to get this working there (if possible as simple as with Polymind) but i am happy i get it at least working with Live now (which is still my main host).

UPDATE:
I now besides the Polymind Max 4 Live device also added a LFO Max 4 Live device (included with Live 9 Suite) for each Repro-1 instance to do a small random master tuning modulation for each voice (using a random waveform). That LFO device could modulate each automatable parameter.
In combination with some stereo panning of the Repro-1 instances this sounds even closer to a proper polysynth now.

The audio output of the Repro-1 instances is routed to an audio track where i could add external FXs (e.g. a Lexicon MPX Native Reverb).

UPDATE:
Two screnshots of a Repro-1 5 voice poly setup using the Polymind M4L device and a M4L LFO device in Live 9.7.1:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... gs%201.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... gs%202.png
Is there a plugin that will do this for VST? I have FL Studio and would love a polyphonic RE Pro

ddeez wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
No problem. Not like I spent loads of time on it. Cubase is the only computer-based DAW I have ever used, so I am a bit naive when it comes to other DAW's.
Got Cubase Pro 9 too and it would be nice how to get this working there (if possible as simple as with Polymind) but i am happy i get it at least working with Live now (which is still my main host).

UPDATE:
I now besides the Polymind Max 4 Live device also added a LFO Max 4 Live device (included with Live 9 Suite) for each Repro-1 instance to do a small random master tuning modulation for each voice (using a random waveform). That LFO device could modulate each automatable parameter.
In combination with some stereo panning of the Repro-1 instances this sounds even closer to a proper polysynth now.

The audio output of the Repro-1 instances is routed to an audio track where i could add external FXs (e.g. a Lexicon MPX Native Reverb).

UPDATE:
Two screnshots of a Repro-1 5 voice poly setup using the Polymind M4L device and a M4L LFO device in Live 9.7.1:

Is there a plugin that will do this for VST? I have FL Studio and would love a polyphonic RE Pro
In FL Studio you can use patcher for this. I did an 8 voice Repro-1 that way.
So much fun.

man that's awesome...could u post the patcher patch? I'd love to do this

ddeez wrote:man that's awesome...could u post the patcher patch? I'd love to do this
i never saved the 8 voice (cpu usage......)
Here is the 6 voice patch i use regularly;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mind you;

You will need to open it in a FX patcher (mixer), send midi-out to it using midiPolyphony(vst) (use 6 voices, so, channel 1 to 6) as an instrument (channelrack).
I find that ChanMode works best at the setting preferNew.
midiPolyphony.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

knobs
repro6 A.JPG
connections
repro6 B.JPG

exmatproton wrote:mind you;

You will need to open it in a FX patcher (mixer), send midi-out to it using midiPolyphony(vst) (use 6 voices, so, channel 1 to 6) as an instrument (channelrack).
midiPolyphony.JPG
Its quite convoluted explaination, how to set your patch to work? it still gives me mono

Elektronisch wrote:

midiPolyphony.JPG
Its quite convoluted explaination, how to set your patch to work? it still gives me mono
1. vst midiPolyphony into channel rack (set midi out to 1 in the wrapper options)
2. patcher into a mixer track
3. set-up midiPolyphony like on the screenshot i posted
4. open the patch i provided in patcher

that should do it.

exmatproton wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:

midiPolyphony.JPG
1. vst midiPolyphony into channel rack (set midi out to 1 in the wrapper options)

that should do it.
thanks, now it works!

Elektronisch wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

that should do it.
thanks, now it works!
Cool :tu:

Anyone tried to achieve similar things in Reaper?

I had a quick look at using the script API, and MIDI messages are def doable to intercept and reroute to a different channels.

I made quick mockup where NOTEON/NOTEOFF are rerouted to a specific midi channel N, which corresponds to the voice number. And, N sibling tracks with a dupe of repro-1... Works well enough for notes, and if duping all midi ccs to be for all instances it'll be a passable solution (together with mapping up cc stuff in repro1) ... However, duplicating automation in Reaper would be better but not sure if that is actually achievable.
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

ulph wrote:Anyone tried to achieve similar things in Reaper?

I had a quick look at using the script API, and MIDI messages are def doable to intercept and reroute to a different channels.

I made quick mockup where NOTEON/NOTEOFF are rerouted to a specific midi channel N, which corresponds to the voice number. And, N sibling tracks with a dupe of repro-1... Works well enough for notes, and if duping all midi ccs to be for all instances it'll be a passable solution (together with mapping up cc stuff in repro1) ... However, duplicating automation in Reaper would be better but not sure if that is actually achievable.
Check out this link: http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/make-a ... -in-reaper

ddeez wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but have you tried MuTools apps? Either MuX.vst or MuLab DAW which includes full MuX modular.

Return to “u-he”