Some simple questions about T5

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all!

I am new to this software and am wanting to know if it can help with what I want to do. I am a drummer and I want to make some music using my electric kit. I don't have a band or anything and I am not too great at guitar, so I was wanting to know if I could add plugins to it like a guitar synth and be able to place the notes on the track to make simple rifs and so on. (I do not have a midi controller or anything)

Also, is this any good with things like dubstep? Using the same idea as the above, just placing notes onto a track to be played with synths and so on.

Yes, you can do everything you asked
Check out my YouTube for a lot of Tracktion questions

Taracktion Recording Software Explained: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... jTJrxED5Mp

lay it prodctions wrote:Yes, you can do everything you asked
Check out my YouTube for a lot of Tracktion questions

Taracktion Recording Software Explained: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... jTJrxED5Mp
Thank you very much! I will check them out.

Ok, so I am still new to the Tracktion universe. I have a massive temptation to immediately buy T7 and Biotek but I want to go through the generous offer of T5 first. I am extremely impressed as to how I can turn my M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 into a viable control surface through the extensive MIDI implementation in T5. I am one of the myriad bedroom (actually corner of the living room) creators who are extremely limited in space so It's nice that I can fully use my existing board with T5. I have however a couple of questions about my configuration. Firstly is there a way to do MIDI soft pickup for values in T5 so that faders and encoders in the wrong position don't make the DAW values jump when a physical control is moved. The Axiom Pro can send all kinds of MIDI and ASCII data, not just absolute CC values. If not how hard would it be to implement soft pickup in the faders and rotaries in T5. The code to do it is very simple and tiny (about 4 lines of whatever Tracktion is written in) but its your ball not mine. Another thing that would be really handy is that when you modify a level with a mouse you get a very nice expanded display showing the precise adjustment, but when you use a controller the popup doesn't show and when the screen is loaded with tracks it can get really hard to get a visual of your level. It would be great if you could turn that feature on for all adjustments. Back in the ancient past Ensonique had a hardware DAW called Paris that didn't use flying faders. On the fader board there were a couple of illuminated arrows on each strip that showed if the specific fader was physically above or below the actual level and would strobe in the particular direction until both lit to show that the fader was synced with the on-screen position. It worked extremely well and I could see this working really well with Tracktion's level plugin as nothing more than a couple of small illuminated indicators that look like green LEDs. It sounds much more complicated than it actually is but it would turn every keyboard with faders into a viable precision control surface. If this was implemented in T7 I would buy it like a shot. I probably still am anyway. This is great software. :tu:

hi paul, good ideas!

why not sending it directly to tracktion support through the website? it may get overlooked in this userboard here.

welcome to tracktion by the way :)

Paul_Debrione wrote: If this was implemented in T7 I would buy it like a shot. I probably still am anyway. This is great software. :tu:
Glad you like it - Waveform (sort of T8) will be out in the near future.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Yeah Waveform is a must buy as far as what I saw on the NAAM show videos. I posted my suggestion directly on the Tracktion Suggestion page on the site. However if they implemented the suggestion every fader jocky like myself would love you. And it really is a tiny bit of very simple code.

Just as a point of interest for the truly geeky, not including the rather good keybed, the dodgy pads and the mod wheels there are 73 MIDI addressable controls on the Axiom Pro board in a single patch and it can hold 50 patches. It makes a brilliant control surface and I love that I am finally able to use it all. BTW HyperControl blows chunks.

Return to “Tracktion”