Making the little blue triangle stay at beginning of loop zone ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to anchor the little blue triangle so that it remains at the beginning of a defined loop zone no matter what clip editing takes place inside that zone (or elsewhere for that matter) ?

I just cut the clips im working on and join them back later. Works pretty well as the blue marker will jump to the beginning of a clip when selected.

The way I work is that I can loop on say 30 seconds and within that time there's a need for many drum/perc adjustemnts, additions, etc, to an existing basic drum track. When I bring a new clip, after listening to it in the browser, on the above track, superimposed to the basic drum track then the blue triangle marker moves to that clip. But I do not want that level of zoom in. I want to hear a few clips before eg. since the beginning of the loop to see how it fits. The blue triangle always needs to be put back to the beginning of the loop, which is not so nice for the work flow. It always tells you "hey I'm Bitwig and I AM HERE" when all the attention should be on the creative process.

What's more I can create a muted track just for temp storage purposes in which I put many clips that I modify in many ways and bring on the main tracks to try things out. Each time the blue triangle moves here and there. Annoying.

It's a case of triangle blues. :scared:

What would be nice is an option and not a definite change of behaviour, that allows, when set, the blue triangle to stick to the beginning of the defined loop. Does not sound like a major software addition to do. The person doing that should not disappear for a long period of time in some kind of Bermuda triangle. :ud:

Please add an option to anchor the triangle at a specified location ! Now trying to build up a more decent of a drum track made of various samples and clips and it's really annoying to always have to put that play head at the beginning of the arranger loop (to get a feeling of the whole thing when playing it) as it moves to every single clip that's added or moved or modified.

No need to break this current behavior, just add an option to anchor it where it is. Eg. put the triangle at the wished position, then activate the anchor (key shortcut for instance). Pressing again the same key shortcut would deactivate the anchor. There's no need to even have any additional UI feedback as it will be obvious that the playhead is anchored.

+100 !
Already asked for that but it would help if more people ask the Wig about this feature.

Return to “Bitwig”