T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The 99.99 and 199.99 options were created to start to simplify the options (there were many many versions/collections available for T-RackS in the past, which made it complex on its own as well as possibly very complex for upgrades/crossgrades). If you feel you have a special case that falls outside of the "in the box" (pun intended) options, the team can take a look at your situation and see if there's anything they can do.
I'm not a special case really. I appreciate pricing based on individual accounts would be a bit overkill, & you've solved most situations with the simplified deals. I can't shake the feeling the current MAX upgrade has diminishing returns for users with more singles. You've got to remember that when we started acquiring singles, we had no idea of a future MAX package or this whole TR5 ecosystem. That would have changed things for me personally. Hell, I thought deluxe was the MAX package of its time; upgraded to Deluxe. Then Grand came; I upgraded to Grand.

I would appreciate if the team could have a think about this, because if things will work the same with your other product lines (and upgrades to their MAX packages), you could see the same criticism come up over and over again. Or maybe it's just me stuck between a rock and a hard place, like you say :oops:

audiosabre wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The 99.99 and 199.99 options were created to start to simplify the options (there were many many versions/collections available for T-RackS in the past, which made it complex on its own as well as possibly very complex for upgrades/crossgrades). If you feel you have a special case that falls outside of the "in the box" (pun intended) options, the team can take a look at your situation and see if there's anything they can do.
I'm not a special case really. I appreciate pricing based on individual accounts would be a bit overkill, & you've solved most situations with the simplified deals. I can't shake the feeling the current MAX upgrade has diminishing returns for users with more singles. You've got to remember that when we started acquiring singles, we had no idea of a future MAX package or this whole TR5 ecosystem. That would have changed things for me personally. Hell, I thought deluxe was the MAX package of its time; upgraded to Deluxe. Then Grand came; I upgraded to Grand.

I would appreciate if the team could have a think about this, because if things will work the same with your other product lines (and upgrades to their MAX packages), you could see the same criticism come up over and over again. Or maybe it's just me stuck between a rock and a hard place, like you say :oops:
Absolutely, you do of course make fair points and I definitely was not trying to make any excuses but to explain a little background. I surely do pass these sorts of things along during internal discussions/meetings, sometimes a bit passionately ;)

Thanks for listening Peter. I think the great price on the MAX crossgrade will do a lot to alleviate this in future. Like you said earlier, you can't please everyone. So there's a few of us kicking ourselves that we tried to acquire what's now known as the MAX package through singles purchases, being the only option at that time.

I thought I'd share my thinking on this: I have some V4 singles and have considered a larger TRacks purchase in the past but never went for it. Right now the V5 MAX upgrade is very attractive. But I do not like the idea of "wasting" my V4 single purchases and just getting V5 MAX, so I want to sell my V4's (retaining one of the to use for the V5 MAX upgrade). Unless I can sell them and recoup some $'s I wont upgrade at all to V5. I've priced them agressively but have to take into account the $20 transfer fee. I'm hoping people will buy the 3 that qualify for the upgrade and use them for that purpose. But if not, as I mentioned, I am not comfortable shelling out for MAX and having my V4 singles sitting there redudant. Either I sell them and upgrade, or I don't upgrade. I'd have prefered an upgrade path that is discounted based on the singles I have so I don't have to go through this selling process which may be a challenge. ALthought for those that want a path to V5 MAX buying a 2nd hand qualifing V4 single would be a good way to go so hopefully they will sell and I can upgrade.

Elektronisch wrote:Dont be sad, look at waves
I have a lot of Waves plugins and have decided never to buy another again, with what's happening. Hopefully IK can avoid similar resentment amongst their customer base. To give IK credit, they do seem to listen & accommodate their users more than Waves ever has. Otherwise WUP would have vanished years ago :tu:

plexuss wrote: I'd have prefered an upgrade path that is discounted based on the singles I have so I don't have to go through this selling process which may be a challenge. Although for those that want a path to V5 MAX buying a 2nd hand qualifing V4 single would be a good way to go so hopefully they will sell and I can upgrade.
With individual upgrade paths, there would thousands of possible combinations as there are thousands of users. That is not impossible to do (see MeldaProduction, for instance) but it may need to take into account the price actually paid for the plug-ins rather than (as done currently by IK Multimedia) the nominal list price.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
plexuss wrote: I'd have prefered an upgrade path that is discounted based on the singles I have so I don't have to go through this selling process which may be a challenge. Although for those that want a path to V5 MAX buying a 2nd hand qualifing V4 single would be a good way to go so hopefully they will sell and I can upgrade.
With individual upgrade paths, there would thousands of possible combinations as there are thousands of users. That is not impossible to do (see MeldaProduction, for instance) but it may need to take into account the price actually paid for the plug-ins rather than (as done currently by IK Multimedia) the nominal list price.
Sure. But it wouldn't be difficult to work out the business logic and program this into the website. I am sure IK considered it and decided not to go this route. Just saying that for me its a limiting factor of my use of TRacks on an ongoing basis. One of the risks of not providing this kind of upgrade path. I would hope IK identified this and and its associated risks and opportunties and so is not surprised when people like me move on from TRacks because of the limited upgrade options. If not they need better strategists on their team! :)

DarkStar wrote:With individual upgrade paths, there would thousands of possible combinations as there are thousands of users. That is not impossible to do (see MeldaProduction, for instance) but it may need to take into account the price actually paid for the plug-ins rather than (as done currently by IK Multimedia) the nominal list price.
I wouldn't even mind that (Melda method), as long as more plugins owned = lower priced upgrade. Or even a similar scheme to the current Total Studio MAX promotion; each €99 product owned knocks a certain amount off the upgrade price.

I've bought so many singles, and spent so much money with IK (eligible for lowest price on Total Studio MAX), that either method would seem fairer than the current deal.

Peter, could you answer my question about versions below? Would like to hear the official word on this.
JerGoertz wrote:So, I can upgrade to T-RackS 5 Max for the $199 special price if:

1) I own at least one T-RackS product valued at $99.99 or higher

AND/OR

2) I own several T-RackS products, whose total value is $99.99 or higher

Are both statements true, or is it only (1)? Sorry, the wording of the explanation for this was a little ambiguous.

====================================

And one more question:

If I have version 3 (not version 4) of a T-RackS product whose most recent version is valued at $99.99 or above, does my version 3 license make me eligible for the discounted upgrade price to T-RackS 5 Max?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Peter, could you answer my question about versions below? Would like to hear the official word on this.
JerGoertz wrote:So, I can upgrade to T-RackS 5 Max for the $199 special price if:

1) I own at least one T-RackS product valued at $99.99 or higher

AND/OR

2) I own several T-RackS products, whose total value is $99.99 or higher

Are both statements true, or is it only (1)? Sorry, the wording of the explanation for this was a little ambiguous.

====================================

And one more question:

If I have version 3 (not version 4) of a T-RackS product whose most recent version is valued at $99.99 or above, does my version 3 license make me eligible for the discounted upgrade price to T-RackS 5 Max?
benjamind was correct in replying to your original question.

Edit - and #2 is not correct. You can't add up products to get to the 99.99, it is stated as:
from any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more.
The followup question is also covered in my reply (and benjamind's) as well as in the FAQ posted at http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... 13&t=14225

Hope that helps.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
audiosabre wrote:I was interested in TR5 MAX upgrade (I've wanted MAX way before TR5 was announced) but I think it's not worth it for me personally. I'd be paying the extra 100 (over the basic TR5 €99 price) for 5 singles, whereas someone with no T-RackS at all (but qualifies for MAX) pays the extra 100 for 30+ singles.

It's the most skewed "upgrade" (CROSSGRADE!) I've ever seen from any developer. I feel embarrassed that I defended IK so much over the years. If that makes me "entitled", then so be it :dog:
The 99.99 and 199.99 options were created to start to simplify the options (there were many many versions/collections available for T-RackS in the past, which made it complex on its own as well as possibly very complex for upgrades/crossgrades). If you feel you have a special case that falls outside of the "in the box" (pun intended) options, the team can take a look at your situation and see if there's anything they can do.

Please note that new users will not have the opportunity to get up to 30% off the already-low pre-order pricing so that is an extra that does set apart current users from new as far as available deals. Again, though, if that is not satisfactory to you there is always the option to contact IK if you feel you don't fit into the offered options.
Who should we contact, Peter: yourself, joe blow, anyone in particular?

This whole launching start to remind a bad opera, with a new crank behind every corner.
Changing rules in the middle of the process, when many have already acted as advised, is not a good idea.
Will you cancel those deals if the rules are changing.

Whatever you in the IK do, it must be transparent, and same rules for everyone. It can´t be that those who cries loudest, get the best deals. :dog:
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

I dunno yet. I got many single plugins and will send u a ticket what exactly i would get and how much i would have to pay.

I really dont like that EVERY new version is not compatible to the previous ones... this sucks!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

double

musicalwarmth812 wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
audiosabre wrote:I was interested in TR5 MAX upgrade (I've wanted MAX way before TR5 was announced) but I think it's not worth it for me personally. I'd be paying the extra 100 (over the basic TR5 €99 price) for 5 singles, whereas someone with no T-RackS at all (but qualifies for MAX) pays the extra 100 for 30+ singles.

It's the most skewed "upgrade" (CROSSGRADE!) I've ever seen from any developer. I feel embarrassed that I defended IK so much over the years. If that makes me "entitled", then so be it :dog:
The 99.99 and 199.99 options were created to start to simplify the options (there were many many versions/collections available for T-RackS in the past, which made it complex on its own as well as possibly very complex for upgrades/crossgrades). If you feel you have a special case that falls outside of the "in the box" (pun intended) options, the team can take a look at your situation and see if there's anything they can do.

Please note that new users will not have the opportunity to get up to 30% off the already-low pre-order pricing so that is an extra that does set apart current users from new as far as available deals. Again, though, if that is not satisfactory to you there is always the option to contact IK if you feel you don't fit into the offered options.
Who should we contact, Peter: yourself, joe blow, anyone in particular?
We have multiple points of contact available on our web site, I'd suggest Support as they have direct access to your account.

Return to “Effects”