T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

OK thanks

blyt wrote:Is there a mix knob on the compressors yet?
That's the main thing I wanted from a T-Racks update.
And can you please answer my question Peter!

blyt wrote:
blyt wrote:Is there a mix knob on the compressors yet?
That's the main thing I wanted from a T-Racks update.
And can you please answer my question Peter!
Ah yes, I had answered this on another forum and didn't here. In the interfaces pictured on the T-RackS 5 page there are no mix knobs. I have relayed this suggestion and asked if it would be possible for a future update. Thank you.

Speaking of the new modules and interfaces, we do have videos for each of the new modules (as well as two walkthrough videos showing previous version plugins in their T-RackS 5 form) and here's one for, well, ONE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWP89HB5wWw

The problem I am having with this is that I'd ideally like to get TR5 MAX by using one of my TR4's to get the upgrade rebate, which using my jampoints would total $150. But the problem is I would have to sell the 3 TR4 products I have that qualify for the upgrade before I buy it, so I am not suck with redundant products. If I just go for the TR5 upgrade for $70, I can use my current TR4 products with it but then I wonder about if the TR4 products will end up not working with TR in the future. Also, its only an $80 difference between TR5 and TR5 MAX which makes getting MAX compelling. If I only sell 1 of the 3 TR4 products I have then I've lost those products but I don't have enough sold to justify getting TR5 MAX. So it becomes an all-or-nothing proposition ( sell all the TR4 products before buying TR5 MAX). The risk is that I only sell one of the TR4 products... then what.

So this is all aiming at not bothing at all. Just keep my TR4 and move on.

Too bad there wasn't a pro-rated upgrade path based on existing TR4 products.
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote:The problem I am having with this is that I'd ideally like to get TR5 MAX by using one of my TR4's to get the upgrade rebate, which using my jampoints would total $150. But the problem is I would have to sell the 3 TR4 products I have that qualify for the upgrade before I buy it. Otherwise I will have redundant TR plugins which doesn't sit well with me. If I just go for the TR5 upgrade for $70, I can use my current TR4 products with it but then I wonder about if the TR4 products will end up not working with TR in the future. Also, its only an $80 difference between TR5 and TR5 MAX which makes getting MAX compelling. If I only sell 1 of the 3 TR4 products I have then I've lost those products but I don't have enough sold to justify getting TR5 MAX. So it becomes an all-or-nothing proposition. The risk is that I only sell one of the TR4 products... then what.

Please PM your IK username and I'll have someone take a look to make sure this is the case with what you have that qualifies. Thank you.

UPDATE: New information which has changed my mind. I am probably going to upgrade to 5 MAX.
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote:.../... If I just go for the TR5 upgrade for $70, I can use my current TR4 products with it but then I wonder about if the TR4 products will end up not working with TR in the future. Also, its only an $80 difference between TR5 and TR5 MAX which makes getting MAX compelling. If I only sell 1 of the 3 TR4 products I have then I've lost those products but I don't have enough sold to justify getting TR5 MAX. So it becomes an all-or-nothing proposition ( sell all the TR4 products before buying TR5 MAX). The risk is that I only sell one of the TR4 products... then what.

I agree with you about the "pro-rated" upgrade path (I too feel a little pissed about all this process), but I don't understand what is your problem. It was already stated here over and over by several people - THERE ARE NO V4 / V5 SINGLES. All the singles you have will be automatically "upgraded" and you will still be able to keep the old versions separately for compatibility purposes.

So, there are no concerns about "the future" because "in the future" the software will keep "containing" the singles as it will from day 1. No need to buy T-Racks 5 Max because of a couple of singles.

Besides, if you sell the v4 singles you have, you will lose the compatibility because all the projects where you used them will not load, and you will have to replace them with the newer versions, but you will lose the settings (unless you take note manually of all the settings in EACH project).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
plexuss wrote:.../... If I just go for the TR5 upgrade for $70, I can use my current TR4 products with it but then I wonder about if the TR4 products will end up not working with TR in the future. Also, its only an $80 difference between TR5 and TR5 MAX which makes getting MAX compelling. If I only sell 1 of the 3 TR4 products I have then I've lost those products but I don't have enough sold to justify getting TR5 MAX. So it becomes an all-or-nothing proposition ( sell all the TR4 products before buying TR5 MAX). The risk is that I only sell one of the TR4 products... then what.

I agree with you about the "pro-rated" upgrade path (I too feel a little pissed about all this process), but I don't understand what is your problem. It was already stated here over and over by several people - THERE ARE NO V4 / V5 SINGLES. All the singles you have will be automatically "upgraded" and you will still be able to keep the old versions separately for compatibility purposes.

So, there are no concerns about "the future" because "in the future" the software will keep "containing" the singles as it will from day 1. No need to buy T-Racks 5 Max because of a couple of singles.

Besides, if you sell the v4 singles you have, you will lose the compatibility because all the projects where you used them will not load, and you will have to replace them with the newer versions, but you will lose the settings (unless you take note manually of all the settings in EACH project).
After figuring out all the details about these upgrades, it's actually not that complicated. Howevere there were a lot of questions that were not addressed anywhere, and its good not to assume. Considering 5 MAX is only $80 more than 5 (taking my jampoints into consideration), for me it makes senses to upgrade to 5 MAX. Then I get everything. I can then sell my TR4 products to counter the upgrade cost and still offer decent prices on them and the new owners can benefit from them from there. So I think that's what I am going to do... 5 MAX.

plexuss wrote:
fmr wrote:

After figuring out all the details about these upgrades, it's actually not that complicated. Howevere there were a lot of questions that were not addressed anywhere, and its good not to assume. Considering 5 MAX is only $80 more than 5 (taking my jampoints into consideration), for me it makes senses to upgrade to 5 MAX. Then I get everything. I can then sell my TR4 products to counter the upgrade cost and still offer decent prices on them and the new owners can benefit from them from there. So I think that's what I am going to do... 5 MAX.
Except selling your T Racks 4 and net something, aint easy, because the IK takes € 20 off every plugin you sell, and there are a lot of T Racks on sale in the market place...

Harry_HH wrote: Except selling your T Racks 4 and net something, aint easy, because the IK takes € 20 off every plugin you sell, and there are a lot of T Racks on sale in the market place...
If you do the math you can still end up ok even if you have to really discount the TR4 products. And they are all still usable in TR5 and upgradeable too. So they have decent value especially those that quality for the upgrade. Even after TR5 is officially released. When you figure all this out its pretty clear its a pretty good upgrade pre-order policy - it just took some work to figure it all out.

plexuss wrote:And they are all still usable in TR5 and upgradeable too. So they have decent value especially those that quality for the upgrade.
It is my understanding that the existing plugins won't even change at all. They stay exactly the same.

Installing any version of T-RackS 5 (even a future free version) will "update" them.
But that update is essentially only a new GUI.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

evilantal wrote:
plexuss wrote:And they are all still usable in TR5 and upgradeable too. So they have decent value especially those that quality for the upgrade.
It is my understanding that the existing plugins won't even change at all. They stay exactly the same.

Installing any version of T-RackS 5 (even a future free version) will "update" them.
In that case even the $ 99 upgrade is wasted, if you don´t have much use for the 4 new ver 5 plugins, e.g. if you have enough compressors and match-eq:s.

Harry_HH wrote:
evilantal wrote:

In that case even the $ 99 upgrade is wasted, if you don´t have much use for the 4 new ver 5 plugins, e.g. if you have enough compressors and match-eq:s.
Well yes, but keep in mind that an eventual free version hasn't been announced nor confirmed definitively yet.
And only if you're not planning on using the standalone application (with it's album assembly and wave editing features etc.) or the plugin chainer, because those have been overhauled extensively.

What I'd like to know is what about when an older plugin gets new features. For instance White2A is updated to have external sidechain or a mix knob. Would owners of the single T-RackS 4 plugin get that update as well or would you need to have any form of T-RackS 5 license?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

^^^^
Let's say I have White2A (TR4 version) and have bought TR5. I would then have the 4 new processors and the TR5-equivalent of White2A as well.

My guess is that they are separate plug-in files and only the TR5-equivalent of White2A would be updated; the TR4 version would not. (I base this on looking back at TR4 and TR3; the Classic processors are at v4.10 (May 2016) and the TR3 version is v3.5.1 (October 2011).
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Effects”