[REAPER] v 5.50 new features (automation items, more..)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

xbitz wrote:that't the point of the whole VCA fadering, they should move if u want independent send levels
You're missing his point. They work the same way as any other VCA except the child faders don't move, the channel gain, and the post fader aux send gain, actually does change because the levels underneath changes. If that didn't happen they wouldn't be VCA's and would have no purpose?

I don't personally like that Reaper's VCA child faders don't move because when I move a VCA fader I want to see visual feedback of that group being adjusted, but it still works the same way underneath.

thanks for the clarification :) , ... except if u have motorized faders so it depends on the implementation ( yepp I also would vote that one which have got some visual feedback > Cubase)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5t8ceBeWfY

otherwise yepp, the balance (relative levels) of the grouped tracks and the dry/wet balance of the post fader sends should remain unchanged ... somehow

--

in Reaper can be the auto clips routed to multi targets (what about the pooled ones, can be set different target to them...I've seen that their modulation can be different(base level etc.) but what about the target of them), has it been solved ?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Just played with update. Automation clips work like a charm, no complaints from me. A welcome addition :tu:

replicant X wrote: :lol:
You really use FL Studio like this? I really doubt it.
I quoted it so you can't delete it in the future.
Stop being laughable and embarrassing yourself.
It wasn't even a question how someone does things, but the whole point which I was making and you miserably failing to understand was that you can organize things however you want in FL Studio's playlist because tracks in playlist are not locked to tracks in mixer like they are in traditional DAW's, while it was you who made a claim that having 32 automation clips in FL Studio is a nightmare which is beyond stupid.
You are obviously missing the point and that's why I don't even have a clue wtf are you talking about.

FL Studio is pretty much non-linear when it comes to workflow and because of that you can stumble of various workflows completely different from each other:
Someone will place automation clip above pattern, someone will place it below, someone will place automation clip on top of pattern and change focus to work either with automation clips or patterns.
Someone won't even use automation clip, but he will automate stuff within pattern. This approach is mostly used by people who started using FL Studio when automation clips didn't even exist yet and they are accustomed working that way.
Then we have people using playlist in an old fashioned way, people who prefer pattern blocks over clips.
Then we have a friend of mine who started FL Studio when it was 5th or 6th version and he works with just one pattern throughout track for each instrument. If the track is 8 minutes long, his patterns are 8 minutes long. The most f**ked up workflow I've ever seen, but he works that way.
Then we have Timecop 1983, a well known guy in synthwave scene who is still using FL Studio 8 or 9 because of pattern blocks and he creates pattern for bass, then he duplicates it (which is equivalent of "Make unique" with clips) and then he places pad or lead in a pattern with bass line. A common workflow is to create separate patterns for bass, pad, lead, etc. He's just doing things in his own way.

You obviously never even seen how playlist looks of people who are heavily automating things.
They would create pattern, create 2-3 clips to automate synths parameters.
Then they would create another pattern and click on those 2-3 automation clips and make them unique.
That's having 4-6 automation clips already. Another pattern and again making automation clips unique.
8-12 automation clips already. In the end, this way you may end up with 200 of automation clips.
This is a common thing in dubstep tracks which heavily rely on automating a bunch of parameters and you only need to take a look how, for example, SeamlessR's playlist looks like to have a picture what's going on.
But, you won't find clusterfuck of automation clips in music genres that don't need that much of automation, it's simple as that.

Let me quote you, so you don't delete it:
replicant X wrote:FL Studio : It's so simple even he can use it.
Cubase / Reaper : The contrary.

Imagine you have 32 tracks and automate each volume with FL Studio.
It's totally a nightmare.

If someone only automate a few Cutoff knobs, then FL Studio can be a choice.
Oh, look, a few Cut off knobs automated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AGNUulBboo

friendly reminder that there's more uses for automation and DAWs than electronic music production.
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Audio~Geek wrote:friendly reminder that there's more uses for automation and DAWs than electronic music production.
although anything done within a DAW is technically electronic music production. Just sayin :hihi:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

elxsound wrote:Just realized that this is Stillwell's Spectro as a native/inline Reaper tool. That's just nice. It won't replace RX, but many times RX is overkill and Spectro could be tedious to work with at times.

It's still coded with the js language ( no C++ like the native tools )
It's justcategorized under reaper tools .
Native
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Spectro, the plugin, is of course coded in C(++).

brainzistor wrote:
replicant X wrote: :lol:
You really use FL Studio like this? I really doubt it.
I quoted it so you can't delete it in the future.
Stop being laughable and embarrassing yourself.
It wasn't even a question how someone does things, but the whole point which I was making and you miserably failing to understand was that you can organize things however you want in FL Studio's playlist because tracks in playlist are not locked to tracks in mixer like they are in traditional DAW's, while it was you who made a claim that having 32 automation clips in FL Studio is a nightmare which is beyond stupid.
You are obviously missing the point and that's why I don't even have a clue wtf are you talking about.

FL Studio is pretty much non-linear when it comes to workflow and because of that you can stumble of various workflows completely different from each other
I totally agree. i hated FL initially but now i use it all the time precisely because there are so many ways to skin the proverbial cat.
now it has a performance mode and track bouncing/freezing it is becoming quite a powerful DAW which , after having first used Fruity loops years ago is really something.
you can use any DAW if you have the patience to learn it and find your workflow instead of expecting the software to deliver everything you desire out of the box. Bad workers blame their tools and all that.
why people drift in to just unleash unjustified and blockheaded statements is beyond me.
perhaps they should go and play and make music before they spew out their ill-informed and risible comments.
naming no names...

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

5 and 6 are incorrect. you can edit start points in sampler or slice x.
Where is this 'velocity lane'? oh , there it is in the piano roll.
you are clearly biased against it.

5.51 (mainly a bugfix release) is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQnw2zfGm8

inkwarp wrote:5 and 6 are incorrect. you can edit start points in sampler

Sorry for more ot but this i need to know: How do you do this in sampler?

replicant X wrote:7 reasons to abandon FL studio and join Reaper.

1. FL Studio's performance mode can record pattern launchs but can not record automation.

2. Today's general DAW can show / hide the volume envelope of selected track with one shortcut key except FL Studio.

3. Today's general DAW can change read / write condition of automation each track separately except FL Studio.

4. You can use MCU only as a normal MIDI controller in FL Studio. Also HUI mean nothing in FL Studio.

5. You can't change the sample startpoint in FL sampler or FPC. You can destructive editing with Edison in 2017.

6. Lifetime free updates. But they actually degraded the Step Sequencer by dropping velocity lane.

7. Average user of FL Studio trolling other DAW's topics 24/7 with his oily keyboard in his filthy room.

It was you who brought FL Studio into discussion in the first place, on first page of this thread, now you are just trash talking like a 14 year old who is experiencing butthurt.

Second thing, more than half of your "reasons" are not even true not to mention relevant.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”