T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

this has been stated over and over - yes, your modules would have been updated to v5 for free. this is why IK has introduced the custom shop model, instead of standard plugin versioning other developers have: when you own a piece of gear, you own it regardless of whichever version it appers in. if you own Mesa - you own it in Amplitube 3, and you own it in Amplitube 4, and you will own it in Amplitube 5, 6, 7... same with T-Racks gear - the "T-Racks 5 upgrade" is about two things: new stuff in the standalone version, and 4 new modules. that's it. that's all you're paying for - everything else is free if you already own it, and whatever common things all modules get (resizable GUI, new oversampling, new shell, etc.), you get for those modules you already own, for free.

it's not like with Soundtoys rack, where you own some plugin in its v4, but to get a v5 version you have to pay upgrade price - with T-Racks, all updates to your purchased gear are free, forever (or at least for the foreseeable future), because you're not paying for a specific version of a piece of gear - you just pay for a piece of gear, and whichever form it comes in - that's what you own, and if an update happens - you own that too.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

It also have been asked over and over, so that probably mean it was not that clear. :hihi:
Anyway i upgraded, four new modules and resizable gui had me.

Compyfox wrote:I just read the FAQ on T-Racks 5 CS:Am I getting this right, that the new metering module(s) will be available for everyone ("simplified metering" definitely contradicts "Metering does not count as a purchased module")? If so (since I bring a set of old plugins), then that's more than enough for me.
No, limited metering will be available to everyone per the FAQ. "Metering does not count as a purchased module" means you won't unlock full metering in T-RackS 5 just because you have metering available to you in T-RackS 4 (as it was not a purchased module there). Here is the full entry from the FAQ under the question about limitations of the free version for full context:
Only Classic EQ is included (for new users - registered users with purchased modules will also have their modules unlocked. Metering does not count as a purchased module.)
ETA wasn't mentioned though. Will this be a day-1 release as well? Or will Custom Shop be released like 2-4 weeks later?
The CS version will be available on the official release date (to be announced soon)
And what about the T-Racks 4 CS "activation" stuff? You download 500+MB of the whole set, and the modules are extracted 2-3 times in order to use them? Will that be overhauled?
All modules will be installed as they are now, as this is to continue to allow for easiest demoing, unlocking/purchasing of the individual gear.

Thanks for answering... though I might be more interested from the viewpoint as old T-Racks user that got the "metering device" (aka: shell) a couple of times over. But I guess I'll just wait and see.

Regarding the installation and extraction process... oh well, my sorry HDD.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

maybe this month? lol j/k
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

It's AES 2017!
Can we expect a release today...or an announcement on date? :party:

T-RackS 5 shipping 31.10.2017 - 12:00 EST

^^^^
Countdown clock is here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=12358
Don't miss out on our special introductory pricing. Get T-RackS 5 from the IK Online Store before time runs out. Special introductory price expires 12:00pm EST October 31st, 2017.
That's 5pm UK time, I reckon (the clocks go back on Sunday 29th October in the UK; and on 05th November in the US).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I've updated the T-RackS 5 FAQ as well.

Come see T-RackS 5 in action at AES if you are there, too.

trick or treat? FFS why not 10/31 @ 2359? lol you KNOW Cinderella... it turns into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote:trick or treat? FFS why not 10/31 @ 2359? lol you KNOW Cinderella... it turns into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight lol
Don't give anybody any ideas :)

Serious answer, though, we would rather release on the last day of the month than release something that we didn't feel put the best foot forward for T-RackS 5.

Just a quick comment on the current free shipping promotion... I picked up the new microphone for Arc 2.5.... IK allows the application of Jam points on the hardware purchase and with free shipping getting the microphone is very affordable.

I am seriously looking at the iLoud speakers as a second set of monitors and would have combined it the the Arc mic for further savings as per the promotion but I didn't see that option. Regardless I am very happy with the microphone purchase given Jam points and free shipping.

Thanks IK.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread: do we know what the "simplified metering" version of the free CS version is? Is it a pared-down version of the new T-Racks 5 metering plugin or the closer to the version 4 meter?

p_wats wrote:I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread: do we know what the "simplified metering" version of the free CS version is? Is it a pared-down version of the new T-Racks 5 metering plugin or the closer to the version 4 meter?
It is a very pared-down version of the new metering available in T-RackS 5.

oh i understand peter... just hating to wait two more weeks lol but on the other hand... i am glad i went ahead and paid 'cos i would be real low on money by then so if i waited i may have missed the price. cheers

Return to “Effects”