T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

braj wrote:Gotcha Peter. Can you comment about Black Friday deals at all yet?
Not yet but they will be announced soon.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
musicalwarmth812 wrote:I see.

Ok, at what point do we request a refund - even though IK supposedly doesn't offer them, I don't believe IK wants to be known as a company that leaves people with broken software. And for f's sake, no, the sky is not falling, but everything reaches a point where it's time reevaluate. This sitrep is not looking good at the moment:

Either say, "They are delivering it tomorrow, I'm just a mushroom, or no, we don't have a fix." If I'm paying over $100 for something, hell, even $1, I expect it to work out the gate. If two weeks time is too much to ask of IK, then let me get off this ride - I don't want another go-round.
If you have reported an issue, I'm sure support can give you an estimate on when your issue will be fixed. T-RackS 5 is far from "broken software" but yes there will be an update that addresses some of the issues that people are experiencing (which seem within the normal bounds of any typical software release). But again, if you are having a showstopper issue then IK Support would be able to assist you with the issue itself as well as giving any estimate of a fix if the developers have to issue an update in order to fix whatever issue you are having. Thank you.
They said 1-2 days; it is now over 4 business days, but let's not ignore that it's been over two weeks.

Here's the thing Peter, I don't wanna be left hangin on an endless IK goat rope, with IK promising endless fixes, or "it's only your system," or my all-time favorite "run as administrator"...if it can't be fixed say so, let both parties move on & let me invest my money with some software that I know will work with my system. Like I said, two weeks man: if it ain't ready, it ain't ready.

musicalwarmth812 wrote: They said 1-2 days; it is now over 4 business days, but let's not ignore that it's been over two weeks.

Here's the thing Peter, I don't wanna be left hangin on an endless IK goat rope, with IK promising endless fixes, or "it's only your system," or my all-time favorite "run as administrator"...if it can't be fixed say so, let both parties move on & let me invest my money with some software that I know will work with my system. Like I said, two weeks man: if it ain't ready, it ain't ready.
I don't know the specifics of your issue but there is an update coming, but like any software release or update there will be time spent testing and adjusting and it may not meet the exact estimates given. Unfortunately not all updates of very complex software go exactly to plan and they will release the appropriate updates when they are ready. There will be an update soon, and we will announce when it is available. Thank you for your patience.

musicalwarmth812 wrote: They said 1-2 days; it is now over 4 business days, but let's not ignore that it's been over two weeks.

I don't know the specifics of your issue but there is an update coming, but like any software release or update there will be time spent testing and adjusting and it may not meet the exact estimates given. Unfortunately not all updates of very complex software go exactly to plan and they will release the appropriate updates when they are ready. There will be an update soon, and we will announce when it is available. Thank you for your patience.
Peter, thanks for the form letter.

Bottom line, everything you said is common knowledge. Listen Peter, nothin against you - you're doin a good job for what you're tasked to do. Movin right along, what is my grace period for starting a refund procedure.

musicalwarmth812 wrote:

Bottom line, everything you said is common knowledge. Listen Peter, nothin against you - you're doin a good job for what you're tasked to do. Movin right along, what is my grace period for starting a refund procedure.

You can get a refund?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I think this is pretty standard with software in general:
6) WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS

6.1 All orders which are delivered through digital download are final. IK Multimedia shall not be obligated to issue refunds once you have initiated delivery by digital download. You shall bear responsibility for completing the digital download and for all risk of loss after downloading including any loss due to a device malfunction.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/terms-and-conditions/
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

musicalwarmth812 wrote:

I understand you are frustrated and appreciate the sentiment that there's nothing against me, but that is not a form letter. Yes, it is likely common knowledge on a forum like this that there are no absolutes in getting a software update released, and I didn't mean to insult your intelligence in any way by reiterating those things. Fact is still that there are many variables in software development but the update should be ready soon. I will relay your experience to our Support Manager so that they can better set expectations of the timing of updates going forward.

Edit - I didn't answer your question about a refund grace period, but the portion of the Terms and Conditions posted above as well as the full EULA, T&C, and other legal information is available on our web site: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/

braj wrote:
jinotsuh wrote:It's you :D . If you use the TR5 versions, they are resizable, if you use the TR4 versions they are just like they were before.
OK, so I have TR5 versions of all my old plugins, they have new GUIs for V5. I own T-Racks Deluxe 4. So, are you saying the new GUIs are not resizable? That seems to be the case, but that seems silly, if they redid all the GUIs. Plus these 'old' effects are part of T-Racks 5 suites, right? Or are only the new modules resizable? I'm confused.
Hmmm, let me see if can explain what I see, I already owned all the modules prior to TR5 being released, I just purchased the base T-Racks 5 product pre order. It gives me the new stuff plus all my old stuff upgraded with the new GUI etc. All these are resizable. I still have access to all the older T-RackS 4 plugins, which are not resizable. In REAPER, the new and upgraded to v5 stuff show up as VST3 and named TR5 'Whatever Plugin', and the v4 versions as VST and named T-RackS CS 'Whatever Plugin'.
I rarely use REAPER, but just fired it up to check for your question (Latest Version).
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:
braj wrote:
jinotsuh wrote:It's you :D . If you use the TR5 versions, they are resizable, if you use the TR4 versions they are just like they were before.
OK, so I have TR5 versions of all my old plugins, they have new GUIs for V5. I own T-Racks Deluxe 4. So, are you saying the new GUIs are not resizable? That seems to be the case, but that seems silly, if they redid all the GUIs. Plus these 'old' effects are part of T-Racks 5 suites, right? Or are only the new modules resizable? I'm confused.
Hmmm, let me see if can explain what I see, I already owned all the modules prior to TR5 being released, I just purchased the base T-Racks 5 product pre order. It gives me the new stuff plus all my old stuff upgraded with the new GUI etc. All these are resizable. I still have access to all the older T-RackS 4 plugins, which are not resizable. In REAPER, the new and upgraded to v5 stuff show up as VST3 and named TR5 'Whatever Plugin', and the v4 versions as VST and named T-RackS CS 'Whatever Plugin'.
I rarely use REAPER, but just fired it up to check for your question (Latest Version).
Yeah, it's already been sussed out that resizing the GUI is a paid-only feature, not included with CS. The irony is the guy complaining about wanting a refund apparently is upset about bugs in resizing the GUIs, something you wouldn't be able to test or know about until you purchase the product, so the usual 'try it and if it works for you, but it' software demo thing falls apart. (Forgive me if I misunderstand that issue, but that's what I understood it to be. This thread is long, maybe I missed something.)

I do wish there were another option beyond MAX and the base for an upgrade path, the new Deluxe level is really what I want, basically everything I own now plus the Mic Room and four new plugins, resizing and metering. (I guess I'll have to skip mic room or buy it second hand)<< Second thought, buying it second hand and only getting the base T-Racks is probably my best bet.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Mic room is pretty good, at least I like it, I'm not into the ins or outs of things, but what ever it does it's usually for the better to my ears anyway, you may be able to achieve similar via other methods, but it's very convenient. I only have the standard dirty old SM58's and SM57's and A Rode NT1-A and a NT2-A, nothing exotic, and I'm just an old hobbyist filling in my time before the pine box, but I'm having fun (most of the time)

Anyway, hope you can get what you are after, you never know with the upcoming sales something might turn up.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:Mic room is pretty good, at least I like it, I'm not into the ins or outs of things, but what ever it does it's usually for the better to my ears anyway, you may be able to achieve similar via other methods, but it's very convenient. I only have the standard dirty old SM58's and SM57's and A Rode NT1-A and a NT2-A, nothing exotic, and I'm just an old hobbyist filling in my time before the pine box, but I'm having fun (most of the time)

Anyway, hope you can get what you are after, you never know with the upcoming sales something might turn up.
Yeah, I have an embarrassingly low end Samson dynamic mic that really does the job generally and a Behringer condenser that is just too sensitive and I'm not into building a vocal booth. I tested out Mic Room and it does what I want it to... conveniently as you said. I'll buy a new dynamic mic when it becomes more of a priority, but right now I would love to get Mic Room cheap.

Peter, if people are still able to be swayed for Black Friday deal suggestions, please ask about putting gear credits on sale, that would help me personally be able to upgrade what I need without being dependent on any one thing being on sale. It would be the most universally appealing deal, I think.

braj wrote:I do wish there were another option beyond MAX and the base for an upgrade path, the new Deluxe level is really what I want, basically everything I own now plus the Mic Room and four new plugins, resizing and metering. (I guess I'll have to skip mic room or buy it second hand)<< Second thought, buying it second hand and only getting the base T-Racks is probably my best bet.
I'm still not 100% clear on the options that apply to me. I own most of T-RackS 4, bought the base upgrade for resizing etc, but haven't had a chance to actually install it.

Am I right that that DOESN'T get me the 4 new plugins? And that there's no way to get them except individually (not cost effective), or buying the MAX upgrade? I personally don't care much about mic room, but I would like the others, though not enough to pay double the base upgrade price to get them.

dwozzle wrote:
braj wrote:I do wish there were another option beyond MAX and the base for an upgrade path, the new Deluxe level is really what I want, basically everything I own now plus the Mic Room and four new plugins, resizing and metering. (I guess I'll have to skip mic room or buy it second hand)<< Second thought, buying it second hand and only getting the base T-Racks is probably my best bet.
I'm still not 100% clear on the options that apply to me. I own most of T-RackS 4, bought the base upgrade for resizing etc, but haven't had a chance to actually install it.

Am I right that that DOESN'T get me the 4 new plugins? And that there's no way to get them except individually (not cost effective), or buying the MAX upgrade? I personally don't care much about mic room, but I would like the others, though not enough to pay double the base upgrade price to get them.
No, you get the four new plugins, the new metering, and the resizing. I just want Mic Room myself, but you're good I do believe.

Oh well, it looks like IK has posted their Black Friday discounts and that doesn't include T-Racks. I guess I will hold off and give some other vendors my money this year.

Return to “Effects”