SynthMaster 2.8 bugs and flaws

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Seriously, what is going on? First 2.8 has created nothing but crashes no matter what the hell I do- it's not even listed in the infamous Blacklist file for Cubase Artist 7-and when I first got rid of it and re-loaded my 2.7, that worked until I made the mistake of trying to load the latest 2.8.4 or whatever it is now. I used the Control panel to dump 2.8 and re-load my saved 2.7 version and that's alos now crashing every song file in which I used SM, or when I try loading an instance of it in a new file. I could care less about waiting for a new version if it's so full of problems as many others have complained about here too. Here's the crash report and I can even see the .dll s listed in Cubase. Even when I supposedly had the 2.8 version, it was still listed as 2.7.4 too even though I tired the update function. Looks like I'll be heading back to Zebra and others full time until this stuff has been thoroughly worked out.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cubase7.exe
Application Version: 7.0.0.2070
Application Timestamp: 50b33aab
Fault Module Name: SynthMaster2.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.7.4.6
Fault Module Timestamp: 55f9b0ff
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 000000000007467b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

I didn't really want or need this, but I just bought Synthmaster Player, in part, just to see if I could get it working. I got it downloaded and on to my PC, got the stand alone working fine, then copied the .dll file into Cubase's VST folder, loaded Cubase Artist 7, with great trepidation and loaded an instance of Player and voila, at least that's working. As to Synthmaster itself, for my own sake, I deleted the Synthmaster and Synthmaster FX .dll files, along with their accompanying Novation Automap.dll files until what ever the problems are get worked out. Until then I guess my many song files that used Synthmaster will have to go untouched and all the new features that sounded so enticing will have to remain that, enticing.

Hi all,
Anyone had any luck installing the Synthmaster 2.8 demo on their Muse Receptor? It installs fine, and apart from having to click the nag register on load, it plays sounds fine, and looks great.. except, missing text from the browser display - so choosing patches or even creating isn't possible.. (unless I have it on the PC at the same time and go "down two, right four times, enter" - not practical..

I'm under the impression it's a font that might be missing, as other pages within the synth appear fine..
Please don't make me have to install comic sans to get this working!
Tried changing skins but doesn't seem to have any affect.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't Tech No for an Answer

After updating to 2.8 and 2.8.4 Bigtone preset BT 70s two note fx has no sound!!! I have tried several times re installing it! Maybe some other presets are gone also! Any help?

Thank you

On my 27-inch iMac (2011, Yosemite 10.10.5), since 2.8.2/3/4, Synthmaster crashes Logic/ GarageBand/Blue Cats PatchWork when I left click on any of the 8 Easy Parameters pots (but right click is OK for the contextual menu).
Crashes also when I use the Matrix filter menu from « Automatic » to « By source ».
Another problem, Synthmaster license is not recognized with the last version of GarageBand (“Licence file SynthMasterLicenseKey.txt version is incorrect…” message), but works with Logic and Blue Cats Patchwork.

Just a visual detail : the 4 left text boxes (Easy Param.) are not similarly aligned in browser and preset modes.

At last (and it’s all for the bugs), some features I still hope for a long time :
- an edit/compare button (cf. DX7) : switch between saved preset and current changes)
- an undo/restore (last modification) button
- my current favourite : a polyphonic legato mode (only one volume envelope for all voices of a layer, like some old polyphonic Korg or the PolyMoog) ; may be sometimes useful for a duophonic solo, but mainly useful for polyphonic percussion of organ presets. Nori has done very beautiful and convincing organ presets (I absolutely love all his « retro » banks), but not totally achieved because of the lack of this mode.
Or perhaps, these features are already here and I didn’t see them…
Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance.

I've found the origin of the crashes with the Easy Parameters pots : the "Star Field" skin I used. No problem with the default (and unattractive) skin. I look forward to the next Tranquil Blue Skin and SM 2.8.5.

karlchaos wrote:After updating to 2.8 and 2.8.4 Bigtone preset BT 70s two note fx has no sound!!! I have tried several times re installing it! Maybe some other presets are gone also! Any help?

Thank you
Confirmed and a few other BT presets too.
BT Mr. Hollow, BT FlexFX-2 and BT StarSparkles for example.
LD Sine Screamer BT once the modwheel is at zero gives no sound, which was broken I think in 2.5 and never fixed......

rsp
sound sculptist

So i've been happily using Synthmaster for several years (2.6 and previous) on my Macbook with Ableton Live (now the latest version). I've got lots of music projects in progress all heavily using synthmaster however.......after upgrading to 2.8 the plugin totally crashes Ableton every time. The minute i try and load the plugin Ableton quits. I've removed the versions of the plugin and reinstalled and still crashes. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it. KV331 support is basically non existent. All my support requests have gone ignored so now stuck not know what to do! $350 waste of money!

big_dog wrote:So i've been happily using Synthmaster for several years (2.6 and previous) on my Macbook with Ableton Live (now the latest version). I've got lots of music projects in progress all heavily using synthmaster however.......after upgrading to 2.8 the plugin totally crashes Ableton every time. The minute i try and load the plugin Ableton quits. I've removed the versions of the plugin and reinstalled and still crashes. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it. KV331 support is basically non existent. All my support requests have gone ignored so now stuck not know what to do! $350 waste of money!
Double check that you don't have an old version somewhere, triple check. I had the exact same issue crashing Live and Reaper and thought I totally uninstalled it, but I had an old version hiding in a folder that was scanned for VSTs. Check what folders Live scans to make sure.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Ive removed anything that looks like Synthmaster from the VST folder and Audio Units folder. Also from application support. I've also disabled all Automap Server associations and done an Ableton Live plugin rescan... fingers crossed

zvenx wrote:
karlchaos wrote:After updating to 2.8 and 2.8.4 Bigtone preset BT 70s two note fx has no sound!!! I have tried several times re installing it! Maybe some other presets are gone also! Any help?

Thank you
Confirmed and a few other BT presets too.
BT Mr. Hollow, BT FlexFX-2 and BT StarSparkles for example.
LD Sine Screamer BT once the modwheel is at zero gives no sound, which was broken I think in 2.5 and never fixed......

rsp
So I can easily find this to test when 2.9 is out.
rsp
sound sculptist

Hoorah!!!

So it turns out i had to Uninstall Automap server as itself had cached an automap wrapper of 2.6 .. Phew thanks

big_dog wrote:Hoorah!!!

So it turns out i had to Uninstall Automap server as itself had cached an automap wrapper of 2.6 .. Phew thanks
Well totally removing all references to 2.6 eventually worked but at a HUGE cost. As Synthmaster basically replaces the old plugin with the new plugin when you upgrade and then changes the name of the plugin to Synthmaster 2.8 it has the horrible effect of you losing all your plugin settings on all your old tracks. The issue is made worse when you use Automap server which itself creates a wrapper around the plugin. In my case nearly every single track i've made has lost the synthmaster presets as Ableton couldnt find the correct automap wrapped version of the plugin due to the name change.

By comparison i use also the soundtoys plugins as well as spire and all the NI plugins etc.. These plugins either retain the same name so Ableton sees the same plugin and retains backwards compatibility or it retains old versions along side the new versions.

I'm very disapppointed with the way this upgrade works. Hopefully someone out there can help figure out how to drop the the plugin over the top of track and retain the same presets + tweaks without it reverting to the default soundbank

Possible 2.8/2.9 bug: the Phaser's built-in LFO does not appear to do anything regardless of how the mod knobs are set.

Please download latest update v2.9.3

Thanks!

big_dog wrote: Well totally removing all references to 2.6 eventually worked but at a HUGE cost. As Synthmaster basically replaces the old plugin with the new plugin when you upgrade and then changes the name of the plugin to Synthmaster 2.8 it has the horrible effect of you losing all your plugin settings on all your old tracks. The issue is made worse when you use Automap server which itself creates a wrapper around the plugin. In my case nearly every single track i've made has lost the synthmaster presets as Ableton couldnt find the correct automap wrapped version of the plugin due to the name change.

By comparison i use also the soundtoys plugins as well as spire and all the NI plugins etc.. These plugins either retain the same name so Ableton sees the same plugin and retains backwards compatibility or it retains old versions along side the new versions.

I'm very disapppointed with the way this upgrade works. Hopefully someone out there can help figure out how to drop the the plugin over the top of track and retain the same presets + tweaks without it reverting to the default soundbank
For DAWs, the plugin ID is the key to identify a plugin. For SynthMaster 2.x it's always been sm2i. So you're saying your older settings don't work? did you contact us about that?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”