T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

Yeah, I was all set to ignore it, but IK kind of forced my hand, I ended up with gear credits and so I used them. I'm happy though. I might sell a couple of synths because of it, limit my programming to a few synths and use Syntronic to get in the ballpark with some sounds. But it sure as hell is a lot of GB where a few synths might equal maybe 1. And IK's re-download policy isn't exactly generous for sample sets, you have to back up everything or pay for it later. That's not cool. But I spent only $158 to get the new T-Racks plus Syntronic, that's a good Black Friday for me I think.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Yeah, I was all set to ignore it, but IK kind of forced my hand, I ended up with gear credits and so I used them. I'm happy though. I might sell a couple of synths because of it, limit my programming to a few synths and use Syntronic to get in the ballpark with some sounds. But it sure as hell is a lot of GB where a few synths might equal maybe 1. And IK's re-download policy isn't exactly generous for sample sets, you have to back up everything or pay for it later. That's not cool. But I spent only $158 to get the new T-Racks plus Syntronic, that's a good Black Friday for me I think.
Yeah the limit on downloads I don’t get. We’re already limited by a number of authorisations. Other devs don’t seem to do it.

It seems to be a little bit on the extreme side in my opinion

There is no limit on the number of <downloads; only on the period for which the <Sounds Library> downloads are available. it's 180 days. Software downloads are available forever.

Yes, there is a limit of authorisations - it's 10. That seems reasonable to me - not many people will use them all up. And, even if they do, IK Multimedia Support will generally allocate further authorizations, if you contact them and explain the circumstances.

---------------
Edit: for clarification
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:There is no limit on the number of downloads; only on the period for which the downloads are available. it's 180 days.

Yes, there is a limit of authorisations - it's 10. That seems reasonable to me - not many people will use them all up. And, even if they do, IK Multimedia Support will generally allocate further authorizations, if you contact them and explain the circumstances.
Yeah, the authorisations are quite reasonable, but the 180 day limit on downloads I don’t understand. There’s a lot that can happen to your files after then. I don’t understand the need to limit, other devs don’t.

Just a note to people that might not have read all the messages in this thread (or the last page or two): There is no limit (frequency nor time-based) for T-RackS 5. The part of the discussion pertaining to download limits of 180 days is for sound libraries only.

:oops: Sorry !
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote::oops: Sorry !
No need to apologize, I had returned to the thread and had a short moment of confusion thinking I was in another thread so I just wanted to make sure it was clear. I'm sure I was erring on the side of caution more than anything.

Peter, are there plans to improve a bit upgrading system for existing IKM users who own a number of plugins? something like Fabfilter or Soundtoys does, if you own a plugin or more the upgrade to bundle is getting cheaper.

Elektronisch wrote:Peter, are there plans to improve a bit upgrading system for existing IKM users who own a number of plugins? something like Fabfilter or Soundtoys does, if you own a plugin or more the upgrade to bundle is getting cheaper.
This type of mechanism has been suggested to the team, but I don't have any specific news of changes at this time.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Peter, are there plans to improve a bit upgrading system for existing IKM users who own a number of plugins? something like Fabfilter or Soundtoys does, if you own a plugin or more the upgrade to bundle is getting cheaper.
This type of mechanism has been suggested to the team, but I don't have any specific news of changes at this time.
Glad to see this was suggested, hopefuly the team will agree to implament this kind of flexibilal upgrade system :)

+1
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

T-RackS 5.0.1 update is now released and now available in your IK User Area

OK

Peter, thanks for the information. Do you know whether it's possible to install the update over the existing version? Or would you recommend uninstalling the previous version first?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:T-RackS 5.0.1 update is now released and now available in your IK User Area
HI Peter,
it isn't obvious in the notes:

What’s new:

Fixed a problem which may cause some Windows users to not visualise the Standalone application correctly
Fixed a GUI issue with the EQ-81
Fixed a problem which may cause the playback to stop when double clicking on the clip
Fixed a problem which may cause the metering suite to crash in Pro-Tools
Fixed a problem with the parallel chain inside the suite and in the standalone version
Fixed a problem which causes the Classic EQ and the Linear Phase EQ to not recall settings correctly
Fixed a problem which may cause glitches when zooming in the assembly view
Fixed problem which prevents the playhead from returning to the correct position
Fixed problem which may cause OpenGL glitches with some GPUs
Fixed problem which causes the Saturator X to not recall correctly
Fixed problem which may cause presets to be saved incorrectly
Fixed problem which may cause incorrect visualisation of the VST3 version of the plug-ins.
Windows dimensions and layout is now retained.
The last selected export, import and project folder directories are now retained

But are the GUI changes made in the ones complained about the most? the Master EQ for instance?
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”