Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

@urs
Can't you release that convertor for repro5 , today?

Amram wrote:@urs
Can't you release that convertor for repro5 , today?
Not sure... I don't think we have documentation and all of that yet.

Urs wrote:
mevla wrote:Urs wrote: "Final release will be in December 15th around noon CET (99.975% sure)"

Will that include the Linux version ? Just asking to store up on local artisanal beer. :D
I left before Alex last night. He is tackling major things, I'll know later today. It might need to go in our usual "eternal beta" state.
About which, for all practical needs, is equivalent at least for me, to a full release. Never found any problems whatsoever with all (and I mean all) the u-he products on Linux. None. Yes, there might be a little thing here and there to improve, although it's far away for any break in functionality. All the plugins work, all creative work can be done. So an eternal beta in the same vein would be just fine. What's wrong with eternity ? It's certainly not boring with all the u-he synths ! :D

This might be weird and nothing someone want to hear from Repro :D
But here is a kind of (slightly)hardcore like tune. All the rhythmic stuff and beats are made with Repro´s LFO´s and other modulations. Not my style at all but i don´t know how Repro got me to do that :hihi: :https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/r ... -it-harder

mevla wrote:
Urs wrote:
mevla wrote:Urs wrote: "Final release will be in December 15th around noon CET (99.975% sure)"

Will that include the Linux version ? Just asking to store up on local artisanal beer. :D
I left before Alex last night. He is tackling major things, I'll know later today. It might need to go in our usual "eternal beta" state.
About which, for all practical needs, is equivalent at least for me, to a full release. Never found any problems whatsoever with all (and I mean all) the u-he products on Linux. None. Yes, there might be a little thing here and there to improve, although it's far away for any break in functionality. All the plugins work, all creative work can be done. So an eternal beta in the same vein would be just fine. What's wrong with eternity ? It's certainly not boring with all the u-he synths ! :D
Well done Alex!!!

It would be much better for Linux users to have an official release for many reasons, why argue for being a 2nd class citizen? There is a big thread on this on the forum, u-he have good reasons for the 'eternal beta', but there are also many good reasons for a full official supported release too.

Someone has to lead the way, more people will go with Linux if they have official support. As you say, the Linux versions are fantastic, so there will be no extra support burden as they just work :)

David Else wrote:Someone has to lead the way, more people will go with Linux if they have official support. As you say, the Linux versions are fantastic, so there will be no extra support burden as they just work :)
As we have seen with Repro-5 this is not the case. Some people had UI issues for instance. Whereas for me everything simply works fine. This is why is used 'for me' instead of being general. As you mentioned there's a thread about this. In any case it's the 14th now and it might not look like there'll be a Linux release tomorrow. I'm basically wating for all the hundreds of presets that were added. If it was possible to simply have the presets, assuming they work with the beta version, I'd be happy.

Cheers.

mevla wrote:
David Else wrote:Someone has to lead the way, more people will go with Linux if they have official support. As you say, the Linux versions are fantastic, so there will be no extra support burden as they just work :)
As we have seen with Repro-5 this is not the case. Some people had UI issues for instance. Whereas for me everything simply works fine. This is why is used 'for me' instead of being general. As you mentioned there's a thread about this. In any case it's the 14th now and it might not look like there'll be a Linux release tomorrow. I'm basically wating for all the hundreds of presets that were added. If it was possible to simply have the presets, assuming they work with the beta version, I'd be happy.

Cheers.
I have faith that the mighty penguin of freedom will smile on this wonderful software :love:

You can import the presets from the latest Mac version into the Linux version, but you get a little warning on every load that you should update the software. Just uncompress the Mac installer and you will find all the presets in there :) The factory original 70's presets are amazing.

Remember The Night, demo track made using the Arksun factory presets I made for Repro5, no other plugins used apart from limiter on master bus. :phones:

http://arksunmusic.com/music/Arksun%20- ... 0Night.mp3
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

David Else wrote: You can import the presets from the latest Mac version into the Linux version, but you get a little warning on every load that you should update the software. Just uncompress the Mac installer and you will find all the presets in there :) The factory original 70's presets are amazing.
Ah ! I will give it a try ! - thanks !

(Trying to extract the presets from the Mac release candidate, to bring them to the beta version on Linux)

How does one extract a .pkg/xar file on Linux ? I downloaded and tried to compile the xar archiver from Google code (1.5.2 timestamped 2007) but configure needs a xml2-config package which is not found in the Mint/Ubuntu packages.

Arksun wrote:Remember The Night, demo track made using the Arksun factory presets I made for Repro5, no other plugins used apart from limiter on master bus.
Beautiful Arksun, really well done. :)
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:
Arksun wrote:Remember The Night, demo track made using the Arksun factory presets I made for Repro5, no other plugins used apart from limiter on master bus.
+1

:phones: :clap: :phones:
바보

mevla wrote:(Trying to extract the presets from the Mac release candidate, to bring them to the beta version on Linux)

How does one extract a .pkg/xar file on Linux ? I downloaded and tried to compile the xar archiver from Google code (1.5.2 timestamped 2007) but configure needs a xml2-config package which is not found in the Mint/Ubuntu packages.
Nothing that complex! I just clicked on the .pkg file in Nautilus in Gnome 3.26.2, and it opened, browse to the presets and drag and drop them into the destination folder... that's it.

bftucker wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:
+1

:phones: :clap: :phones:
+2

rsp
sound sculptist

Just released these for people who don't think 900+ presets is enough 8) :hihi:
https://soundcloud.com/bobswans/repro-5 ... ilable-now
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Return to “u-he”