Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP Odyssey M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

I am happy CRT monitor are gone, those huge, heavy things, that often emitted high-pitched noises and lots of heat.
Their only advantage was that on average they seemed to last a bit longer. And viewing from certain angles was less of a problem.

... and they could keep a whole house heated.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I am happy CRT monitor are gone, those huge, heavy things, that often emitted high-pitched noises and lots of heat.
Not to mention the flickering. Glad they're gone as well.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Who cares, do you really think there will be anything new to say on the topic after 85 pages? 8)

V0RT3X wrote:If someone likes antiquated technology for whatever reason the I’ll just nod and agree. Each to their own, I very much like my 10bit 4k monitor and would’nt trade that for anything less.
Right. I have no problem with people liking what they have.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Aloysius wrote:... and they could keep a whole house heated.
Yeah, they were huge power consumers. I'm happy to see them gone. Though, my PC and iMac still heat up my studio even without CRTs.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I'm sure we'll see authentic modeled CRT emulations before long.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

We already are in the Emulation scene (particularly in Mame) using hlsl shaders to make screens look more crt-y!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Who cares, do you really think there will be anything new to say on the topic after 85 pages? 8)
Has anyone pointed out yet that KORG is GROK spelled backwards? :D

Winstontaneous wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Who cares, do you really think there will be anything new to say on the topic after 85 pages? 8)
Has anyone pointed out yet that KORG is GROK spelled backwards? :D
D: ?sdrawkcab delleps KORG si GROK taht tey tuo detniop enoyna saH

Korg kakaku (小売価格) means "retail" in japanese.
I don´t know if the name of the company has anything to do with that etymology.

64bit only user means tosser in English.

:)

Harry_HH wrote:Korg kakaku (小売価格) means "retail" in japanese.
I don´t know if the name of the company has anything to do with that etymology.
The name of the company comes from KeiO ORGan. "Korg was founded in 1962 in Japan by Tsutomu Katoh[1] and Tadashi Osanai as Keio Gijutsu Kenkyujo Ltd.. It later became Keio Electronic Laboratories

In 1967, Katoh was approached by Fumio Mieda, an engineer who wanted to build keyboards. Impressed with Mieda's enthusiasm, Katoh asked him to build a prototype and 18 months later Mieda returned with a programmable organ. Keio sold the organ under the name KORG, created by using the first letter of each founder's name plus "RG" from their planned emphasis on products targeted for the organ market (emphasizing the letters R and G in the word "organ")
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”