The curse of Spectral

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lnikj wrote:
I've got the feeling this is because UA sticks out like a sore thumb in PA's catalogue.
I sort of agree - but PA's give away (which I think may have been free anyway and not actually theirs) shows an interest in the experimental by PA's owners.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

did some one forgot this windows/mac 64bit free bastard ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Add Eventide Physion (formerly Fission) to the list of current spectral plugs.

perpetual3 wrote:Add Eventide Physion (formerly Fission) to the list of current spectral plugs.
Another dev that doesnt email when it uploads an update :dog:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Re Eventide Physion, I can't afford it, but I've been doing a sort of lo-fi poor man's version with Unfiltered Audio G8.

Set up your DAW to give G8's reject outputs their own channel. Change the gate type to one-shot mode, and engage the 'flip' switch. The effect is such that, every time the signal exceeds the gate threshold, it comes through the main outputs for attack+hold+release time, then out of the reject outputs until the signal exceeds the threshold again. Works great for separating the transient and body of 'obviously' transient material, where each transient = a spike in volume.

G8 is (AFAIK) 100% transparent when summing the main and reject outputs together (no artefacts at all -
it sounds like the plug-in is doing nothing) so it's surprisingly clean when it comes to applying different effects to each part. And of course, unlike Physion, you can use any effect in your library!

ah, spectral fx. the last missing link in my plugin list.
every time i find something on kvr that looks interesting, i end up asking myself the question "does it give me anything i haven't got from my melda bundle", and the answer is always no. so i have to admit, melda has actually cured my GAS!
but spectral plugins..
i search and search, but nothing is giving me the unique creative sounds i used to get from sonic foundry noise reduction plugin.
reafir comes very close, but i dont use that company for personal reasons, so the search goes on

cron wrote:Re Eventide Physion, I can't afford it, but I've been doing a sort of lo-fi poor man's version with Unfiltered Audio G8.

Set up your DAW to give G8's reject outputs their own channel. Change the gate type to one-shot mode, and engage the 'flip' switch. The effect is such that, every time the signal exceeds the gate threshold, it comes through the main outputs for attack+hold+release time, then out of the reject outputs until the signal exceeds the threshold again. Works great for separating the transient and body of 'obviously' transient material, where each transient = a spike in volume.

G8 is (AFAIK) 100% transparent when summing the main and reject outputs together (no artefacts at all -
it sounds like the plug-in is doing nothing) so it's surprisingly clean when it comes to applying different effects to each part. And of course, unlike Physion, you can use any effect in your library!
As far as cost, that’s why I buy expensive plugins from KVR ;-). And in Ableton anyway, I just clone an instance to another lane in the rack and effect that way.

Can’t say that Physion is totally clean though. I do hear artifacts depending on the threshold settings.

_al_ wrote:reafir comes very close, but i dont use that company for personal reasons, so the search goes on
Anti-Christian? :hihi:

Luckily there are still the soundhack plugins

http://www.soundhack.com/
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Luckily there are still the soundhack plugins

http://www.soundhack.com/
we know; they were first mentioned back in November, and the author posted about them in the thread a mere four days ago.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

cron wrote:Set up your DAW to give G8's reject outputs their own channel...
i haven't figured a way to do this successfully in Cubase 6.5 yet unfortunately. it's so easy in Live, but for some reason isn't working in Cubase... i'll try the VST3... anyone using G8 successfully in Cubase?

soundhack wrote:my isp takes grey listing too far and certain isps get blocked. try from another isp and it may work better. eventually i need to move soundhack.com to a better provider.
That would be most welcome!
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Effects”