The curse of Spectral

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
ChamomileShark
KVRian
1233 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:30 am

lnikj wrote:
I've got the feeling this is because UA sticks out like a sore thumb in PA's catalogue.
I sort of agree - but PA's give away (which I think may have been free anyway and not actually theirs) shows an interest in the experimental by PA's owners.

Apratim
KVRian
555 posts since 29 Dec, 2016 from India

Re: The curse of Spectral

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:19 am

did some one forgot this windows/mac 64bit free bastard ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,DS thorn, IL sytrus,Mpowersynth,Tal sampler,AAS string studio,MTotalfx bundle

perpetual3
KVRist
340 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Add Eventide Physion (formerly Fission) to the list of current spectral plugs.

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8128 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:07 pm

perpetual3 wrote:Add Eventide Physion (formerly Fission) to the list of current spectral plugs.
Another dev that doesnt email when it uploads an update :dog:

KVRAF
3067 posts since 27 Dec, 2002 from North East England

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Re Eventide Physion, I can't afford it, but I've been doing a sort of lo-fi poor man's version with Unfiltered Audio G8.

Set up your DAW to give G8's reject outputs their own channel. Change the gate type to one-shot mode, and engage the 'flip' switch. The effect is such that, every time the signal exceeds the gate threshold, it comes through the main outputs for attack+hold+release time, then out of the reject outputs until the signal exceeds the threshold again. Works great for separating the transient and body of 'obviously' transient material, where each transient = a spike in volume.

G8 is (AFAIK) 100% transparent when summing the main and reject outputs together (no artefacts at all -
it sounds like the plug-in is doing nothing) so it's surprisingly clean when it comes to applying different effects to each part. And of course, unlike Physion, you can use any effect in your library!

_al_
KVRist
305 posts since 28 Oct, 2014

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 pm

ah, spectral fx. the last missing link in my plugin list.
every time i find something on kvr that looks interesting, i end up asking myself the question "does it give me anything i haven't got from my melda bundle", and the answer is always no. so i have to admit, melda has actually cured my GAS!
but spectral plugins..
i search and search, but nothing is giving me the unique creative sounds i used to get from sonic foundry noise reduction plugin.
reafir comes very close, but i dont use that company for personal reasons, so the search goes on

perpetual3
KVRist
340 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 pm

cron wrote:Re Eventide Physion, I can't afford it, but I've been doing a sort of lo-fi poor man's version with Unfiltered Audio G8.

Set up your DAW to give G8's reject outputs their own channel. Change the gate type to one-shot mode, and engage the 'flip' switch. The effect is such that, every time the signal exceeds the gate threshold, it comes through the main outputs for attack+hold+release time, then out of the reject outputs until the signal exceeds the threshold again. Works great for separating the transient and body of 'obviously' transient material, where each transient = a spike in volume.

G8 is (AFAIK) 100% transparent when summing the main and reject outputs together (no artefacts at all -
it sounds like the plug-in is doing nothing) so it's surprisingly clean when it comes to applying different effects to each part. And of course, unlike Physion, you can use any effect in your library!
As far as cost, that’s why I buy expensive plugins from KVR ;-). And in Ableton anyway, I just clone an instance to another lane in the rack and effect that way.

Can’t say that Physion is totally clean though. I do hear artifacts depending on the threshold settings.

Russell Grand
KVRian
1316 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:24 pm

_al_ wrote:reafir comes very close, but i dont use that company for personal reasons, so the search goes on
Anti-Christian? :hihi:

gentleclockdivider
KVRian
1146 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:14 am

Luckily there are still the soundhack plugins

http://www.soundhack.com/
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26115 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:Luckily there are still the soundhack plugins

http://www.soundhack.com/
we know; they were first mentioned back in November, and the author posted about them in the thread a mere four days ago.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

sqigls
KVRAF
3057 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 am

cron wrote:Set up your DAW to give G8's reject outputs their own channel...
i haven't figured a way to do this successfully in Cubase 6.5 yet unfortunately. it's so easy in Live, but for some reason isn't working in Cubase... i'll try the VST3... anyone using G8 successfully in Cubase?

Michael L
KVRAF
2358 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from the End of the World as we Knowit

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 am

soundhack wrote:my isp takes grey listing too far and certain isps get blocked. try from another isp and it may work better. eventually i need to move soundhack.com to a better provider.
That would be most welcome!

Return to “Effects”