Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

hyakken wrote:And I added random step order mode to RPE based on this suggestion.
Awesome, will test it as soon as I can.

two amazing SEQ Collection in action (mostly Acid part in use)
Host Reaper & LBX-Stripper (Lua extension of Reaper)
hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtSqmwD ... e=youtu.be

What happened to HY-Phaser?

onerob wrote:What happened to HY-Phaser?
I think it's the latest addition to the "No Longer Available Collection" :scared: :D

Think it's now part of HY-Delay3

hyakken wrote:And I added random step order mode to RPE based on this suggestion.
I think it has a bug. I used a triplet in the permutation mode (?!) in one block and observed it for like 100 beats. I set 1=on, 2=on, 3=off if that is important.
->
It played 1,2,3 and 2,1,3 numerous times, lots of repetitions... may be due to randomness.
BUT: it ALWAYS played the 3 as the last one.

chained 4 instances HY-SeqCollection (ACID parts in use)
2 vst 1 loop .. just fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y10do5A ... e=youtu.be

one more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW-gP4D3gc&t=401s

I'm making new version of HY-Phaser.
Maybe it will take bit more.

shonky wrote:
Think it's now part of HY-Delay3
No, it will be free.
I just want to make new version.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:
I think it has a bug. I used a triplet in the permutation mode (?!) in one block and observed it for like 100 beats. I set 1=on, 2=on, 3=off if that is important.
->
It played 1,2,3 and 2,1,3 numerous times, lots of repetitions... may be due to randomness.
BUT: it ALWAYS played the 3 as the last one.
I will check it.
yellukhan wrote:chained 4 instances HY-SeqCollection (ACID parts in use)
2 vst 1 loop .. just fun
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y10do5A ... u.be</span>

one more
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW-gP4 ... 401s</span>
Thank you for your video.

I just updated bot full and free version of HY-Filter3.
Please check it.

https://hy-plugins.com/hy-filter3v1-0-8/

Hi there Hyakken.

I have sent you an email about HY Delay 3 crashing in my DAW, can you please help ? :)
Strictly drum and bass

Hello,

I just released version2 of HY-SEQ16x3.
Please check it.

Format:
VST2 and AUv3 32/64 bit for Windows and Mac

Price:
free / $40 (free update for version1 user)

System Requirements:
Win : Windows7 or higher
Mac : OSX 10.9 or higher

Main Features:
•3 Sequencer units
•2 Modulation units with 5 modulation engines
•Clock curve editor
•Pattern Snapshot
•Color edit
•Resizable window
•Preset manager

Midi learn feature will come later.

Thank you

Looks great but one thing I've noticed (with the free AU version) is that all midi channels are blocked apart from the one that is selected to transmit the midi information. Would it be possible to have a 'MIDI thru' setting, so that you can listen to notes on other channels?

The free versions seemed like a good start to check these plugins out, so i downloaded them all and started testing.

First impression of SEQ16x3v2 and MONO (i have them running together as we speak) is very positive. I like the sound of the synth very much and the functions of the sequencer are certainly good too for a free version of a paid product. So i can definitely see myself using these more, even after this very short test.

However, i have also found a few bugs pretty much right after attaching SEQ16x3v2 to MONO and running a sequence. I will post them in detail format for easy copy and paste. Should i find more later on i will of course add them. This is with the 32bit versions on Win7/32 in VSTHost, like i said the free variants. The sequencer says 1.0.11 on the UI and the synth says 1.5.2.1

SEQ16x3v2
• Enabling Key > Transpose on the KEY tab does nothing. Incoming MIDI does not transpose the running sequence, which is what the tooltip says should be happening when enabled. Im not sure if the keys on the keyboard on the KEY page are supposed to be doing something, but on this end clicking them does nothing.

EDIT: This one kinda resolved itself; it seems that SEQ16x3v2 only responds to a specific 2-octave keyrange. When keys within this range are played then the transposition works as indicated.

MONO
• The Suboscillator is obviously tied to VCO1, but the Subs pitch is 1 semitone too low. (A bit more actually, VCO2 and the Sub are in tune when VCO2 is set to -12st and VCO1 is set to +13st and circa 0.62 Fine, which is around the 1-o'clock mark.) Since the Subs pitch can not be offset from VCO1 manually there is nothing the user can do to remedy this, i.e. VCO1 and the Sub can never be in tune.
EDIT: Taking this one off the list too for now because today upon reloading the test project the problem has vanished. Yesterday it was clearly reproducible though, so its apparently something that can occur under certain circumstances. Will report should i find out more.

• It is not possible to set the VCOs to -1 semitone via the knobs on the UI. Even when CTRL is held for finer knob movement the knobs always skip the -1 position and go straight to -2. This is independent from the UI size, i.e. making the UI bigger did not make any difference. The only way to set a VCO to -1 semitone is to use the hosts generic UI. Clip showing the problem attached below. EDIT: I have found out more about this. It seems that all knobs that have 12-o'clock as their neutral position (i.e. all that have a little black arrow) have this problem. The problem is that there is a 0.02 'deadzone' to each side, so when a knob is centered (which corresponds to 0.5 in normalized host-value terms) and then moved either left or right it will not go to 0.49, 0.48, 0.47 and/or 0.51, 0.52, 0.53 but rather straight to 0.47 and/or 0.53 and only then it will progress normally in increments/decrements of 0.01. This is not such a big deal with the other knobs since they are not 'notched', but with the VCO semitones it is because -1semi happens to fall within the 0.49 to 0.48 range, which is precisely the range that is being skipped when the UI knobs are used. (To the right its not a problem because the switch to +1semi takes place at 0.53, thus the fact that 0.51 and 0.52 are being skipped is inconsequential in this case.)

Addendum: Ive also noticed that the knobs can be clicked and moved with the right mousebutton. However, while the knobs themselves move normally, the values are not actually changing, so if you do that for instance with the VCO semitone knobs then the readouts will show the semitones switching but they arent really being switched. This seems to go for all knobs. Of course its no big deal and probably not further important, just thought id mention it while im typing anyway.

HY-MONO_VCO2SemitoneBug.gif
Thanks for taking note, will keep testing and reporting should i find anything else. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Updated some things and added what i found out about the UI knobs and their inability to set the VCOs to -1 semitone.

Return to “Effects”