How to update M42 core library?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Those sounds of M42 are pretty nice but I want to be able to use an alternative set of waveforms (in .SF2 format). How can I do it? 4 waveforms x 5 banks are available. So, how can I turn some .wav files to .sf2 and arrabge them in a way that M42 can use them?

And another problem I am facing here is getting the new sf2 pack to work. For some reason I cannot get that to work here.

Oculatis Abis wrote:Those sounds of M42 are pretty nice but I want to be able to use an alternative set of waveforms (in .SF2 format). How can I do it? 4 waveforms x 5 banks are available. So, how can I turn some .wav files to .sf2 and arrabge them in a way that M42 can use them?
Not to get into another area of sound altogether ( and another forum) but you have to use a program such as creative's Vienna ( shudder :shock: ) that allows you to create your own soundfonts and do bank management. Then simply replace the SF2 that is there , and re-name it precisly the way it is named so M42 can read it.Maybe the DR can expund on this, as he is the SF2 master: all the soundfonts were created by him and are original!

As I understand it, there are 4 banks with 5 sounds each . They are by catagory( strings, voices, ect) but can really be any sound you want to put in there in Vienna.

You could also download Vienna, load up our SF2, and simply replace the fonts that are there with your own, then save as the same SF2. BUT: remember to back up the original SF2!

TC

Mystahr wrote:And another problem I am facing here is getting the new sf2 pack to work. For some reason I cannot get that to work here.

All you have to do is replace the original SF2 with the new one. Some users have placed the original in a folder by itself, and have the new one in the same dir as the M42 DLL.

Then the new 128 preset bank will work as well, giving you 256 presets!

Hope that helps!!

TC

Return to “AlgoMusic”