Behring suing forum users

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote:They have Gearslutz on lockdown, removing threads and locking/banning users like its going out of fashion, I've never seen any company do this, it is a bit surreal.
How can they do that, do they own GS?

aMUSEd wrote:How can they do that, do they own GS?
Ofcourse not! But they can threaten with a very expensive lawsuit. Or withdrawal of advertisements, which also hits them where it hurts the most.
fluffy_little_something wrote:They are probably made in the very same factory :hihi:
No way:
EB Tech wrote:Made in the USA
Behringer wrote:Designed in Germany
Manufactured in China
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:How can they do that, do they own GS?
Ofcourse not! But they can threaten with a very expensive lawsuit. Or withdrawal of advertisements, which also hits them where it hurts the most.
fluffy_little_something wrote:They are probably made in the very same factory :hihi:
No way:
EB Tech wrote:Made in the USA
Behringer wrote:Designed in Germany
Manufactured in China
And everyone is complaining about Chinese pirating :hihi:
The Germans are just as cheeky it seems...

Not sure why they write that, TBH. Uli Behringer is Swiss, and their HQ is on the Phillipines, while they produce in China... guess they wrote it for the "hip" factor. ;) "Hey, designed in Germany, now that's a sign of quality!". If only it still were like that, hehe. Well, at least in most industries apart from cars.

Maybe they're trying to set a precedent before someone tries to sue them for copyright/patent violations, the same way Mcdonald's did when they tried to copyright "Mac". A pre-emptive strike, so to speak.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I had one of their Eurorack mixing desks.
Me too. The pre-s were noisy like a bunch of cats in heat. I managed to sell it... Oh boy, I'm so sued now. :help:

Zombie Queen wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I had one of their Eurorack mixing desks.
Me too. The pre-s were noisy like a bunch of cats in heat. I managed to sell it... Oh boy, I'm so sued now. :help:
Mine was screeching when it stopped working. I couldn't find anyone to fix it, and I've happily moved on. To be fair, I got 15 years of trouble free use out of it ...

bungle wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Where is it a very big story?

... and who are behring? :P
Pretty much across all music tech news outlets haha.
Behring is as far as i am willing to go, just in case, I don't have a lot of money to be taken off me ;)

I was always a big fan of their cheap as chips approach and in recent times their build quality had gone up to be as good if not better than most others, now i am in full boycott mode of them and their products, will cost a ton extra for live set ups and such, but trying to sue forum users for having an opinion is just too much.
I’m the same. In fact, I’m a guy on GearSlutz who’s defended Uli for making products (their new reissues) that no one else seemed to be interested in making. They’re not for me, (I’d rather have a Pro 2 than a Pro 1 reissue) but I know there’s a big unserved market, so go for it, eh? Hell, I was actually literally about to buy the new Behringer Model D just because it sounds so good for next to nothing (my idea was to integrate it with the Pro 2 via CV), and then this. F that. I’ll spend double and buy a synth from a company that’s got some integrity. I don’t expect C.E.O.s to be angels, but this kind of bully is the exact wrong thing for the industry. I hope Dave wins the countersuit for legal fees.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

donkey tugger wrote:The empire strikes back;

http://cdm.link/2018/06/behringer-respo ... gineering/
I don’t really believe any of that. First off, the DSI employee who was being critical of Behringer wasn’t doing it in any official manner. I didn’t even know the guy worked for DSI. I bet most people didn’t.

Second... reverse engineering someone else’s product is called “benchmarking?” I’ve... never heard that. To me, it seems more like, “We didn’t feel like spending money on R&D, so we’ll just use yours.”

Anyway, I’ll say it again. If you want to make a new Model D when no one else is, go for it. Moog seems to be happy making their Grandmother, which IMO is a kick ass instrument. No harm, no foul, IMO. But, if someone who works at Moog has some unkind words to say about the Behringer Model D? Suck it up, dude.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Isn't a certain company known for cloning absolutely everything they make since decades ago when they first appeared on the scene with such duplicated clone products?

I've talked to dozens of people and in my experience to date this is often the first comment that comes up in any conversation about this company.

Back when I was publishing circuit designs I recall several different friends pointing out that to be cloned by this company is a sign your product is successful.

I'm not certain which company this is though. I never cared for any of their products.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

I didn’t not see why forums are different from newspapers or any other media, if it is proven that you are yelling lies about someone publicly with a resulting damage to their reputation then you are at fault and it should be possible to make those people stop via legal methods.

I don’t have particularly strong feelings either way about what B are doing with hardware clones, the software vendors on this site have been doing it with software (including modelling the circuit diagram at component level...this is cloning to software) if the circuit has been been legally protected then it’s public domain, it can only be one or the other.

As for the quality of B products, I have an X32 (which has had more and better free updates than any other hardware product I have ever owned) and a Deepmind 12. The quality is very good, I think it is on all recent products.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If these reports are true, then I don't know what they're thinking. They deservedly earned goodwill by releasing some interesting and affordable products lately, and shook things up in the synth market. It would be far more productive to let the quality of their products speak for itself. Instead, something like this could just end up negating that goodwill.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”