Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Insession Audio doesn’t allow license transfers even though they’re kontakt-player instruments. Stupid.

bharris22 wrote:Soniccouture seems to have found a way to allow license transfers, though . . . I have purchased several second-hand libraries of theirs, without a hitch.
Yes, they do it and others as well. It is not a technical matter, it is about if the developer wants to or not. SonicCouture handle it for a fee so they are decent. I have started to make a list about terms if you are interested. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=507014

Yes, agree. It is not a matter of can't, but won't. My point is simply that there are successful developers who permit license transfers of Kontakt sample libraries, and having been burned by 8Dio before I won't buy an expensive library from them again unless and until they do. I would have zero hesitation in buying a Soniccouture library for this reason.

All things being equal, I would like to see transfers available. However, license transfer is fiddly for software/soundware - piracy is bad enough without opening more cans of worms, and dedicating resources to software and admin to handle the licenses. I'm not aware of software transfers being a thing in most other industries?

I generally try demos and watch reviews before I buy something, so I know it meets my needs. I then expect to use it until it's obsolete or I'm dead. Do you guys really do a lot of transfers in reality? I don't see the issue? iLok dongles on the other hand...
Meh

I haven't sold anything yet. There are a few a may sell, including my second Box of Tricks library I bought in that NI bundle.

squibs wrote:All things being equal, I would like to see transfers available. However, license transfer is fiddly for software/soundware - piracy is bad enough without opening more cans of worms, and dedicating resources to software and admin to handle the licenses. I'm not aware of software transfers being a thing in most other industries?

I generally try demos and watch reviews before I buy something, so I know it meets my needs. I then expect to use it until it's obsolete or I'm dead. Do you guys really do a lot of transfers in reality? I don't see the issue? iLok dongles on the other hand...
You have a practical approach. I am new in the real of sample libraries, but I have bought and sold quite a few pieces of hardware instruments so I know I may find out that I can not play the instruments as I expected or simply get tired of stuff and want to sell them to get something else. So getting tied up with a product until I die is not something I want to do unless it costs like below 30 bucks which can be considered as a one of expendable event fair.

Yes, trying demos is good to, but when there are none and only sales hype videos it becomes treacherous.

bharris22 wrote:Yes, agree. It is not a matter of can't, but won't. My point is simply that there are successful developers who permit license transfers of Kontakt sample libraries, and having been burned by 8Dio before I won't buy an expensive library from them again unless and until they do. I would have zero hesitation in buying a Soniccouture library for this reason.
You too, I wonder how many there are that share our experience. I have been PMed by a handful, but I suspect that it is sadly only a fraction.

masterhiggins wrote:Insession Audio doesn’t allow license transfers even though they’re kontakt-player instruments. Stupid.
Their terms allow you to use it and also generously to destroy your copy :dog: Thanks for the info. Will add them to the dark side.

GearNostalgia wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:Insession Audio doesn’t allow license transfers even though they’re kontakt-player instruments. Stupid.
Their terms allow you to use it and also generously to destroy your copy :dog: Thanks for the info. Will add them to the dark side.
Since this isn't bargain related, maybe the discussion can head over to your already 15 page thread on a similar topic?

Linky: viewtopic.php?p=7097516#p7097516

jsp1979 wrote:
GearNostalgia wrote:
Since this isn't bargain related, maybe the discussion can head over to your already 15 page thread on a similar topic?

Topic locked!

jsp1979 wrote:
GearNostalgia wrote:

That thread was all about 8Dio, not about all devs...

The point is that this thread is the bargain discussion thread.

Here's another related and non-locked thread on the subject: viewtopic.php?p=7107274#p7107274

jsp1979 wrote:The point is that this thread is the bargain discussion thread.

Here's another related and non-locked thread on the subject:

viewtopic.php?p=7107274#p7107274

Agreed, take this elsewhere.

Yep, please do.

seems like there's no other way to get the Vocaloid 5 other than from the main website....the currency conversion on share-it is crazy.......

still if there's Anyone with any luck, finding any alternative way to get Vocaloid 5 for a slight bargain?...Do Share...
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”