Buy Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 2

I think you got some nice orchestral sounds in Nexus already, pretty much anything better than that is some extensively sampled library for Kontakt, question you need to ask yourself is what do you really need.

Did you taught about Native Instruments Komplete?
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... mplete-11/
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Trancer wrote:Indeed there is the player version, but often it takes the full version to take advantage of all the possibilities of some Vst.

Thank you again for your answer
The full version of Kontakt has three big advantages - 1, you can load any sample library that isn't an official Player one; 2, you can create your own instruments and 3, you can get under the hood to tweak sample libraries (if the developer allows). The kind of tweaking in (3) though tends to be very fiddly, especially on a modern complex library where it can be almost unfathomable. If the developer is any good they'll have provided all the normal controls you will need in their main interface, which will work just the same in Player. So if your focus is only particular sample libraries that are Player ones, you may as well stick with the free player.

There are synths that run in Kontakt, but I've never really got on with them. Invariably they gather virtual dust on my hard drives. IMO its the wrong host for synth work, but its a fantastic host for sample libraries.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Trancer wrote:Indeed there is the player version, but often it takes the full version to take advantage of all the possibilities of some Vst.

Thank you again for your answer
You keep saying that kontakt loads vst, but FYI it does not, it loads patches, sampled instruments in kontakt format. Kontakt itself is the vst. Just in case you weren’t clear.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you all for your wise advice and patience, to take the time to explain things in detail. A big thanks.

Zexila

I listen again to the expansions for Nexus 2 and it is true you are right, it indeed covers somehow my current needs for my compos.

Noiseboyuk

It is clear that Kontakt full is a wonderful tool, it is also true, that I am an overconsumer of patches, to do a thorough research of these.

So, the Kontakt player, should be enough for me.
But, as an example and if I'm not mistaken, Vir2 Aeris, as well as Analog Strings from Output, only works with the full version of Kontakt.

So, the Kontak Player, may be limited in certain situations.

Echoes in the Attic

As much for me, you're right, poorly expressed on Kontakt.

First of all, a very big thanks to all for your answers.

Finally and after thinking, I priced the expansions for Nexus 2 and took a bundle at Fab Filter, which will be more useful than Omnisphere 2, considering the aramda of vst already in my possession.

Although not useful, I also took Sylenth 1, I love this vst too.

Regarding Massive, even if at half price, I'm waiting for September to see what Native Instruments will announce.

A big thank

Omnisphere 2 is a bargain. The content is high quality and the possibilities are endless. Check audio examples of many genres: https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... -audio.php

There is nothing even close, IMO. I have Kontakt 5 as well, plus dozens of expensive libraries for it. I use Kontakt for the more deeply sampled orchestral, guitar, etc. type things. Everything experimental, electronic, hybrid and some real instruments, I mostly use Omnisphere. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Omni, because by the time you add libraries to Kontakt you're going to be spending thousands of bucks. I lost track...

I have a similar doubts myself, I currently own Arturia V6 Collection, Serum, ACE, Sylenth and Synthmaster. Are there sounds within Omnisphere that I already don't have? For me only thing that attracts me to Omnisphere are the pad sounds.

Virgiauskas wrote:I have a similar doubts myself, I currently own Arturia V6 Collection, Serum, ACE, Sylenth and Synthmaster. Are there sounds within Omnisphere that I already don't have? For me only thing that attracts me to Omnisphere are the pad sounds.
Omni definitely has an enormous amount of sounds you don't have, the question is whether or not you want or need them. All your current synths are based around VA stuff - Omni has that too, but it will be largely duplication or variations on a theme given your current arsenal, although that said you will get a lot of new colours to play with (including the 1,000 new patches in 2.5 based around the architecture of 20 or so analogue hardware synths, alongside their wavetables, some of the filters etc). For pads specifically there are a lot of complex evolving ones, and lots that sound more organic than traditional VA. I think that hybrid organic area is something you won't have at all, again not sure if you're interested in that.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

But then again 500 USD just for pads would be an over kill, having in mind that I don't need the rest of the sounds like burning pianos :)
I think that pretty much answers my questions, while waiting for the answer read the full thread, found some similar points made. Thanks.

Virgiauskas wrote:But then again 500 USD just for pads would be an over kill, having in mind that I don't need the rest of the sounds like burning pianos :)
I think that pretty much answers my questions, while waiting for the answer read the full thread, found some similar points made. Thanks.
for the record Omnisphere contains 12,000 sounds plus you can load your own samples... therefore, the point about no needing sounds like the burning piano is sounds pretty silly... right? i.e. the burning piano is ONLY one patch of 12,000...

Omnisphere is not for everyone but using the burning piano as an excuse is pretty weak...

neverenoughfunk wrote:
Virgiauskas wrote:But then again 500 USD just for pads would be an over kill, having in mind that I don't need the rest of the sounds like burning pianos :)
for the record Omnisphere contains 12,000 sounds plus you can load your own samples... therefore, the point about no needing sounds like the burning piano is sounds pretty silly... right? i.e. the burning piano is ONLY one patch of 12,000...

Omnisphere is not for everyone but using the burning piano as an excuse is pretty weak...
It's funny how you caught up only on that specific part of my sentence that wasn't even half of what I meant. But as I already mentioned, I got my answers.
You take care now.

Virgiauskas wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:

It's funny how you caught up only on that specific part of my sentence that wasn't even half of what I meant. But as I already mentioned, I got my answers.
You take care now.

every thread when someone is debating if they want to purchase Omnisphere or not... and when the answer is NO... the burning piano always comes up... which is 1/12,000 of the sounds in Omnisphere...

that is my point...

you take care now too...

neverenoughfunk wrote: every thread when someone is debating if they want to purchase Omnisphere or not... and when the answer is NO... the burning piano always comes up... which is 1/12,000 of the sounds in Omnisphere...

that is my point...

you take care now too...
I think the main problem is the 500 USD price tag, not the burning piano :wink: 500 USD is what really "burns" there... so much so as to cave a hole in buyers pockets. :scared:

Dollar for dollar, you get much more with Kontakt (or HALion or Falcon). IMO, of course :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

neverenoughfunk wrote:
for the record Omnisphere contains 12,000 sounds plus you can load your own samples...
Not multi-samples though, right? That hasn't changed if I'm not mistaken, no?
therefore, the point about no needing sounds like the burning piano is sounds pretty silly... right? i.e. the burning piano is ONLY one patch of 12,000...
When people say that they usually mean "my tastes don't align all that well with Spectrasonics." Burning piano is just representative of their sound choices.

Virgiauskas wrote:For me only thing that attracts me to Omnisphere are the pad sounds.
Check out this than, works with free Kontakt Player
https://www.luftrum.com/lunaris/
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Instruments”