New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

woggle wrote:
thelizard wrote:
cron wrote:
robbmonn wrote:Damn, I was thinking Sunder.

Is there a VST plan for Sunder? It is really amazing.
While I haven't used Sunder, I've used G8 to achieve something similar. Engage G8's reject outputs and you have something akin to being able to process loud and quiet parts of a sound separately. Additionally engaging one-shot gate mode can even get you some way toward being able to process transients separately from everything else, assuming the material is suitably 'spiky' in nature. Sound quality is great too. You get perfectly lossless recovery of the original sound (AFAIK) if neither band is processed.
Yep! G8's Reject Outputs were the inspiration for further research into Sunder. Sunder is pretty much that DSP algorithm but scaled up to 3 channels and with more control over the envelopes and whatnot.
how does one access the Reject Outputs ? I can get them as a stereo pair by flipping but can I get them by running G8 as a 4 channel plugin in Reaper so that I get both Reject and Normal outputs?
Not sure how things work in Reaper, but the multiple output situation is how things work in Live. As soon as I load up the plug inside Live, the reject outputs immediately become available for routing (i.e. present in the 'audio from' menu on each Live track). I don't even need to open the plug's interface to set it up.
Last edited by cron on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cron wrote:
woggle wrote:
thelizard wrote:
cron wrote:
robbmonn wrote:Damn, I was thinking Sunder.

Is there a VST plan for Sunder? It is really amazing.
While I haven't used Sunder, I've used G8 to achieve something similar. Engage G8's reject outputs and you have something akin to being able to process loud and quiet parts of a sound separately. Additionally engaging one-shot gate mode can even get you some way toward being able to process transients separately from everything else, assuming the material is suitably 'spiky' in nature. Sound quality is great too. You get perfectly lossless recovery of the original sound (AFAIK) if neither band is processed.
Yep! G8's Reject Outputs were the inspiration for further research into Sunder. Sunder is pretty much that DSP algorithm but scaled up to 3 channels and with more control over the envelopes and whatnot.
how does one access the Reject Outputs ? I can get them as a stereo pair by flipping but can I get them by running G8 as a 4 channel plugin in Reaper so that I get both Reject and Normal outputs?
Not sure how things work in Reaper, but the multiple output situation is how things work in Live. As soon as I load-up the plug in Live, the reject outputs immediately become available for routing (i.e. present in the 'audio from' menu on each Live track). I don't even need to open the plug's interface to set it up.
thanks, Reaper I set the track to 4 channels but for some reason it is not happening. It is not a disaster to run two instances ir I want but one instanace with 4 channels would be better. And I want to thank you for mentioning the Reject Outputs - I had not noticed them

cron wrote:Not sure how things work in Reaper, but the multiple output situation is how things work in Live. As soon as I load up the plug inside Live, the reject outputs immediately become available for routing (i.e. present in the 'audio from' menu on each Live track). I don't even need to open the plug's interface to set it up.
You just blew my mind. I opened up Ableton, slapped a spikey drum loop down, put on G8, created a new audio track and selected audio from G8 tracks 3/4, and now have a perfect audio split and can process my transients however I want. I did not know that function existed. Super cool. Now I’m off to see which other plugins I have might contain multichannel outputs :party:

got it working - I had two versions, and the vst3 version did not work, the other did. And then I updated and the latest vst3 version works. So all good in Reaper as well. Great facility

oh my god. that is really remarkable!!! i still wish i had sunders amazing workflow but half a sunder is better than none. thanks for that amazing tip.

What is 'Sunder'?

aMUSEd wrote:What is 'Sunder'?
a loud clap of sunlight

Given that the mentioned Renoun was for Reason, its undoubtedly this:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -splitter/

<laughs at the Yoko device>
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Attention **Michael Hetrick** :hihi: :hihi:

Always lookin' forward to new sonic explorations from you dudes. Wow! nice stuff, and I prolly should thank you for all your beautiful work on the Reaktor platform. 8) :tu: 8) :tu:

So, thank you!!! :hihi:

whyterabbyt wrote:
Given that the mentioned Renoun was for Reason, its undoubtedly this:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -splitter/

<laughs at the Yoko device>

I don't see immediate use for a device to split an audio source into low, mid, and high volume amplitude bands. But maybe I'm wrong.

BTW - I wonder if the infamous "Yoko Band splitter" is in use anywhere?

Watch the demo video if you don't get it. It is ****amazing**** what you can wire up with this tool, especially with the modular audio/CV back panel metaphor in Reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbQPHRTMHI

robbmonn wrote:Watch the demo video if you don't get it. It is ****amazing**** what you can wire up with this tool, especially with the modular audio/CV back panel metaphor in Reason.
OK, this comment didn't open me that greatness. But if I have time, I may check the video.

Glad folks are discovering G8's reject outputs! Be sure to try them out in one-shot mode too (where exceeding the threshold makes the gate open then immediately close). Assuming your material is right, it can act like a transient splitter and get you some way toward Eventide Physion territory.

One immediate application for me is routing a techno kick drum to a reverb. With that technique, I could route the sound to the reverb without the transient, which often leads to a bright snap in the verb that I don’t want.

:roll:

Return to “Effects”