New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2524 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:01 am

The release of BYOME is delayed by a week or two...
:scared:
Source: Twitter account UA

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

thelizard
KVRian
1128 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:19 am

Yes, sorry for the delay. BYOME is officially finished and out of our hands, but there's still a lot that Plugin Alliance needs to prepare. This is an extremely deep plugin, so there's a lot more needed than usual.
robbmonn wrote:Watch the demo video if you don't get it. It is ****amazing**** what you can wire up with this tool, especially with the modular audio/CV back panel metaphor in Reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbQPHRTMHI
We do have an awesome Sunder prototype that we'd like to improve for potential release next year. The best way to think about it is like a more detailed transient shaper. You can process the loud transients separately from the sustained elements.

Josh developed it while reading about Tony Visconti's recording techniques for "Heroes". There's a story about how he would set up three microphones at various distances and run them through separate effect chains. So, when Bowie sang quietly and up against the microphone, it'd be a much drier sound. However, when he shouted, more distant mics would pick up the sound and run it through a reverb chain.

simon.a.billington
KVRian
1432 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:54 pm

thelizard wrote:Yes, sorry for the delay. BYOME is officially finished and out of our hands, but there's still a lot that Plugin Alliance needs to prepare. This is an extremely deep plugin, so there's a lot more needed than usual.
robbmonn wrote:Watch the demo video if you don't get it. It is ****amazing**** what you can wire up with this tool, especially with the modular audio/CV back panel metaphor in Reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbQPHRTMHI
We do have an awesome Sunder prototype that we'd like to improve for potential release next year. The best way to think about it is like a more detailed transient shaper. You can process the loud transients separately from the sustained elements.

Josh developed it while reading about Tony Visconti's recording techniques for "Heroes". There's a story about how he would set up three microphones at various distances and run them through separate effect chains. So, when Bowie sang quietly and up against the microphone, it'd be a much drier sound. However, when he shouted, more distant mics would pick up the sound and run it through a reverb chain.
Are you guys working ahead to make it Mojave immune... I mean compatible?!? :D

dusted william
KVRAF
4750 posts since 18 Dec, 2000

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:46 pm

That’s really interesting to me, I wonder what PA has to do? Just curious, that’s all.

Winstontaneous
KVRian
1433 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 pm

woggle wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:What is 'Sunder'?
a loud clap of sunlight
Haha. Had never heard of Sunder before, but that's an interesting idea for a plugin!
OLOKUN - Survival Kit - now on iTunes, CDBaby, and Spotify

Videos: The Beat | Crossing to Safety

thelizard
KVRian
1128 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:20 am

dusted william wrote:That’s really interesting to me, I wonder what PA has to do? Just curious, that’s all.
Pretty much everything outside of design, research, and development. They handle QA, marketing, copy-protection, tech support, a beta forum, artist outreach, etc.

Josh and I still run our social media pages, and I was the one who jumped the gun on announcing the release date before clearing it with marketing. That one is on me :oops:

dusted william
KVRAF
4750 posts since 18 Dec, 2000

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:38 am

thelizard wrote:
dusted william wrote:That’s really interesting to me, I wonder what PA has to do? Just curious, that’s all.
Pretty much everything outside of design, research, and development. They handle QA, marketing, copy-protection, tech support, a beta forum, artist outreach, etc.

Josh and I still run our social media pages, and I was the one who jumped the gun on announcing the release date before clearing it with marketing. That one is on me :oops:

I'm looking forward to this one.

martinjuenke
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:48 am

The delay is okay for me because I‘ll be able to use the October voucher then... (The September one went on MetricAB which is expensive but pretty good). By the way: has anybody a guess about the BYOME price tag?

highkoo
KVRAF
3773 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F6dQoK8Yv4

Hoaly chit, waaaaaat is this thing!?
:love: :love: :love:
ImageImage Image

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23185 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:18 am

:hyper:

jsp1979
KVRAF
2976 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:32 am

That video's been out for over a month. :D

(and yes, it's exciting)

highkoo
KVRAF
3773 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:13 am

Oh, right on the last page. :oops:
Well it only has 1,988 views so I dont feel bad about a repost!
Spread it around!

The sound is great. These tools are a lot about control and workflow, which I guess we cant see yet, but this sounds like it has a pretty amazing toolset inside. :party:
ImageImage Image

epiphaneia
KVRian
532 posts since 29 May, 2011 from Germany

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am

thelizard wrote:Yes, sorry for the delay. BYOME is officially finished and out of our hands, but there's still a lot that Plugin Alliance needs to prepare. This is an extremely deep plugin, so there's a lot more needed than usual.I
If only I wasn‘t just imagining „we‘ll make up for the delay with an extraordinarily generous intro discount“... :hihi:
thelizard wrote:We do have an awesome Sunder prototype that we'd like to improve for potential release next year. The best way to think about it is like a more detailed transient shaper. You can process the loud transients separately from the sustained elements.
Would that be similar to Eventide Fission then?

martinjuenke
KVRAF

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 am

I‘ll save my voucher for it but fear it will kill my October funds... :scared:

tapiodmitriyevich
KVRist
331 posts since 15 Jan, 2017 from 127.0.0.1

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:28 am

Winstontaneous wrote:
woggle wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:What is 'Sunder'?
a loud clap of sunlight
Haha. Had never heard of Sunder before, but that's an interesting idea for a plugin!
But there's already a few plugins around (band split with individual effect assignments) - Blue Cats, Hy-Plugins...

Return to “Effects”