Lamentation - 4 Part Chorale (SATB)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
ChamMusic
KVRian
887 posts since 12 Jun, 2006 from Birmingham, UK

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:30 pm

vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:so, at the end of the day was 'needs more cowbell'
:cry: it was just a joke because there was nothing at all to criticize :cry:

:hihi:
A JOKE! Seriously...damn, I need to cancel that international assassin...shit, I hope I can get my deposit back?!*#?

Anyone know Ra's al Ghul's phone number? In a mysterious moment I ate the piece of paper that I had it written on!
Last edited by ChamMusic on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

jancivil
KVRAF
15366 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Lamentation - 4 Part Chorale (SATB)

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:42 pm

vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:so, at the end of the day was 'needs more cowbell' or 'needs more C E G' the more helpful

The idea there was to have fun at the expense of Mr. 'C E G'.

I wonder if there's anyone around that has never seen the Will Farrell bit.

vurt
addled muppet weed
37217 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:05 pm

jancivil wrote:
vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:so, at the end of the day was 'needs more cowbell' or 'needs more C E G' the more helpful

The idea there was to have fun at the expense of Mr. 'C E G'.
tbh, i did think i must have missed something :hihi:
i was thinking "jan obviously knows im joking, so am i missing a really clever double twist???" :lol:
that's how my mind works, i didn't even think it was the other guy :oops: paranoia or ego? or one in the same... :o

vurt
addled muppet weed
37217 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:07 pm

ChamMusic wrote:
vurt wrote:

A JOKE! Seriously...damn, I need to cancel that international assassin...shit, I hope I can get my deposit back?!*#?

Anyone know Ra's al Ghul's phone number? In a mysterious moment I ate the piece of paper that I had it written on!

i taught the demons head everything he knows!
including that scone recipe he keeps winning the prizes at fetes for :x

have you noticed, when it comes to saying his name on tv/film there seems to be no consensus on how to pronounce it?
rashe
rarz
raz

cant they all just pick one :bang:

ChamMusic
KVRian

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:30 pm

vurt wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:
vurt wrote:

i taught the demons head everything he knows!
including that scone recipe he keeps winning the prizes at fetes for :x

have you noticed, when it comes to saying his name on tv/film there seems to be no consensus on how to pronounce it?
rashe
rarz
raz

cant they all just pick one :bang:
Yes, I'm just finishing Gotham Season 4 and we've all been laughing at it!

But more importantly...the Lazarus scones were your recipe...you do realize that you turned Old Grandpa Jones into a rampaging toddler...he ate 10 of the damn things!:0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

rp314
KVRAF
2125 posts since 25 Mar, 2006 from The city by the bay

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:59 pm

ChamMusic wrote:
rp314 wrote:I'm beginning to compose my next pieces using dissonance - even with the E+F chord-combinations!
Yes, experimenting a bit further than you have so far can only be a positive, but don't try and go as far as this piece of mine quite yet maybe! :0) E+F can come across very differently depending on the surrounding harmonic context.

[...]

If you post a piece, I will listen to it. If I have anything useful to say, I will say it!
Given how lethargic I seem to be lately I kinda wish this actually did refer to something I'd posted. :hihi:

It's not always easy to respond to multiple participants, no? :P :ud:

ChamMusic
KVRian

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:53 pm

rp314 wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:
rp314 wrote:I'm beginning to compose my next pieces using dissonance - even with the E+F chord-combinations!
Yes, experimenting a bit further than you have so far can only be a positive, but don't try and go as far as this piece of mine quite yet maybe! :0) E+F can come across very differently depending on the surrounding harmonic context.

[...]

If you post a piece, I will listen to it. If I have anything useful to say, I will say it!
Given how lethargic I seem to be lately I kinda wish this actually did refer to something I'd posted. :hihi:

It's not always easy to respond to multiple participants, no? :P :ud:
Ha! Well spotted.

The weird thing is that I was only copying and pasting / responding to one participant in that post! How that happened I'm not really sure as the words are ALL his but it says YOU! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

aaron aardvark
KVRian
1469 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:32 pm

ChamMusic,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: for the vocals: at times they sound extremely realistic, and some parts sound slightly artificial (which is not necessarily a bad thing). I like that brief high pitch female vocal a lot; wouldn't mind hearing more of that sort of thing. It sounds very good as is, but I was really anticipating and hoping it would evolve into something with popular music ala E.L.O. or Rush, etc. Audio quality is very good. Melodies are very good. :)

ChamMusic
KVRian

Post Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:00 am

aaron aardvark wrote: It sounds very good as is, but I was really anticipating and hoping it would evolve into something with popular music ala E.L.O. or Rush
This one was never going to go in that direction! :) Maybe next time?

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

seismic1
KVRAF
9012 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:16 pm

I'm not a choral afficionado, (although I do like using these sounds in an electronic context), but I liked this. The harmonic interactions between the four different voices were both interesting and satisfying. I thought the whole piece was a great listen, and to these untrained ears, conveyed a natural realism.

There were some interesting points raised in the thread, particularly regarding the use and perception of dissonance and footwear.

"Maybe there's a bundle of rags that I could use,
Hey anybody,
Can you spare a dime?
If you're really hurtin', a nickel would be fine"

Good work :)

ChamMusic
KVRian

Post Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:18 am

seismic1 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:16 pm
I'm not a choral afficionado, (although I do like using these sounds in an electronic context), but I liked this. The harmonic interactions between the four different voices were both interesting and satisfying. I thought the whole piece was a great listen, and to these untrained ears, conveyed a natural realism.

There were some interesting points raised in the thread, particularly regarding the use and perception of dissonance and footwear.

"Maybe there's a bundle of rags that I could use,
Hey anybody,
Can you spare a dime?
If you're really hurtin', a nickel would be fine"

Good work :)
Thank you very much Tim...especially as Choral styles are NOT normally in your listening zone! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

Return to “Music Cafe”