Piano is still the best and easiest instrument to master and play!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My old school Augustana College in Rock Island has a church organ with split black keys.

So you’re supposed to play one half for sharps and the other half for flats.

My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Hink wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:Piano is weird. All the keys are the same size so how the f**k do you know what's going on?
I hear that
I'm assuming those weren't serious comments but piano has a major constraint that requrires it's design: human beings need to be able to play it with the fingers on their hands. So, no tiny, tiny high notes and wide, wide low notes. It's got a pretty wide octave range.

Might make sense for a two or 3 octave Keytar though!
I guess it depends on how you read my response

I hear that = I agree vs I hear that = I hear what is going on :dog:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

kovacs wrote:My old school Augustana College in Rock Island has a church organ with split black keys.

So you’re supposed to play one half for sharps and the other half for flats.

According to the "experts" the hardest instrument to master is the violin, followed by the piano.

Point being, this thread subject line, aside from being in the wrong forum altogether, is laughable.

But I doubt it was meant to be serious in the first place.

I think one of the hardest instruments to master is the Human voice. How many of us here can play keyboard, guitar, etc but can't sing a note ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Pffff anyone can sing fam... we got melodyne and all that even my dog can do it now ahahahaha

My singing is so bad even melodyne can't help....... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I love playing piano but there's nothing easy about it.

wagtunes wrote:According to the "experts" the hardest instrument to master is the violin, followed by the piano.

Point being, this thread subject line, aside from being in the wrong forum altogether, is laughable.

Absolutely!! I really love and can play piano but I just wanted to add a bit of light humour to a heavly debated subject in general! Jip they always used to tease me a say.. piano is easy.. just press a few notes and hey presto your a pianist :lol: The truth be told.. it is only as hard or easy as you want it to be... whether what you are playing sounds great or not is totally subjective :D

Thank you for the wonderfull humour here and the great replies here Friends and fellow kvrers!

wagtunes wrote:According to the "experts" the hardest instrument to master is the violin, followed by the piano.
Teksonik wrote:I think one of the hardest instruments to master is the Human voice. How many of us here can play keyboard, guitar, etc but can't sing a note ?
SMH wrote:I love playing piano but there's nothing easy about it.

It's easy to sing or play the piano like you don't know what you're doing. It's just pushing buttons, or talking with pitch, right? :lol: But they're difficult to do well.

The violin is difficult even to play badly.

I took up the violin when I was a kid -- why the choices are band, orchestra or chorus in American schools and there's no piano or guitar option I'm not really sure. I was consistently the best violin student in my school, which meant that after about 5 years I still sounded like shit. :hihi: We were visited one day by a Russian virtuoso who told us it takes ten years to learn the left hand, another ten years to learn the right hand, and then you can start calling yourself a novice violinist.

(It was kind of discouraging, but I do kind of get that perspective. I've been noodling around with synths since about 1986 and got more serious about recording music in about 2003, but it wasn't until late 2017 that I felt like I really found my voice. I wonder if someday I'll look back and say "I didn't really master my craft until 2043".)

Anyway, I quit playing violin in about 1990. My spouse bought one recently thinking I could play it for the Gothic Appalachian project we're maybe going to start, and my muscle memory for it isn't completely gone but I don't see myself getting very far with it. I am more interested in learning mandolin instead.

I have 6 years of piano lessons and I even read this book. I still suck at piano.

My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

surreal wrote:

Absolutely!! I really love and can play piano but I just wanted to add a bit of light humour to a heavly debated subject in general! Jip they always used to tease me a say.. piano is easy.. just press a few notes and hey presto your a pianist :lol: The truth be told.. it is only as hard or easy as you want it to be... whether what you are playing sounds great or not is totally subjective :D
not a serious thread? :o i bared my soul! :x

Try the crumhorn. A beginner and master sound almost identical.

didgeridoo is the most difficult, not one person ever! has managed an actual tune.

Return to “Instruments”