AmpliTube Slash 1.5 Update - New presets & updated modeling

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Slash AmpliTube Slash for iPad AmpliTube Slash for iPhone

AmpliTube Slash 1.5 Update Released
Newly updated amp models and 13 new presets by Slash himself!

The latest update to AmpliTube Slash not only offers updated modeling for the ADF 100 and JCM Slash amp models, which were fine-tuned in collaboration with Slash himself, but also 13 new presets made by Slash himself . These cover all of the great new tones from the new album “Living the Dream” from Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators.

The best part about this update, we offer this as a free update for existing AmpliTube Slash users. If you already own AmpliTube Slash, make sure to download your update now!

Don't have AmpliTube Slash? What are you waiting for - buy AmpliTube Slash now and get ready for some RNFR!

Read more on AmpliTube Slash or Buy Now!
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Ryan_IK wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:56 pm The best part about this update, we offer this as a free update for existing AmpliTube Slash users.
wow, that's a first for IK. i hope this trend continues. will old models still be accessible?

(teeny-tiny hope that all of the other gear gets updated to Amplitube 4-era standards...)

EDIT: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/slashcs/

on this page, JCM and AFD graphics are swapped. The caption above JCM says it's an AFD, and vice versa :)

EDIT2: nope they're correct. brainfart, confused Slash JCM with Silver Jubilee from Amplitube 4...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Any chance the stompbox emulations in the bundle were updated as well?

I don't own the whole Collection.Does the update amply to individual components? I have most everything in
the collection.

from my understanding, the models were updated. that means, whether you own the collection or individual models from the collection, you should get the update.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:10 pm from my understanding, the models were updated. that means, whether you own the collection or individual models from the collection, you should get the update.
Thanks.So probably contained in the Latest amplitube or CS update.

And it sounds very good now

bill45 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:54 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:10 pm from my understanding, the models were updated. that means, whether you own the collection or individual models from the collection, you should get the update.
Thanks.So probably contained in the Latest amplitube or CS update.
edit: the following suppositions and quotes
have been shown to be incomplete or incorrect! :dog:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think Slash models have ever been individual parts
of the generic Amplitube 4 ecosystem, nor sold ala-carte
in the CS. That would defeat the purpose of having created
Amplitube Slash. Saith the IK website:

"AmpliTube Slash for Custom Shop features models of all the legendary signature gear used by Slash in the studio and in his live performances. Now you can rock models of the legendary Marshall® JCM Slash Edition Silver Jubilee, the Marshall® AFD100, plus all of Slash’s signature guitar pedals. Also included is a massive collection of Slash guitar tone preset settings, provided as starting points for your own tone tweaking or playing along." And

"Want to rock Slash’s Rig? Now you can with AmpliTube Slash, just one of the signature collections inside AmpliTube Custom Shop."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(would be nice to be found in the wrong about this :wink: )

edit: glad to have been wrong! :hyper:

I think some of the Amplitube Hendrix Anniversary gear
finally made it out into the CS as individual items.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nope, ALL of them were available in CS from day one. The collection is just cheaper way to get it. For example, i don't own the original Fender collection, but i have a few models purchased a-la carte. Slash i've owned for a long time, but i was able to demo and buy each piece individually.

The new models are much brighter and crunchier than the previous versions. Sounds closer to the Caliburn 800 in that regard now. I'm not saying they sound all that similar, but comparing the original Slash models to Caliburn a few weeks back, you could hear that the Slash 800 had big, muddy low end, with less overall crunch. The new models sound much crunchier and brighter. To the point where old presets/projects are going to be an issue because they sound wildly bright now. I find myself backing the treble way off in presets to get them back into a usable state.

I'm not complaining. I'll take improved models any day of the week and this update sounds good when you're not loading up an old preset. I'd love to see an original Fender Collection 1.5, or a Hendrix 1.5, etc.

Burillo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am Nope, ALL of them were available in CS from day one. The collection is just cheaper way to get it. For example, i don't own the original Fender collection, but i have a few models purchased a-la carte. Slash i've owned for a long time, but i was able to demo and buy each piece individually.
Thanks for the correction, edited my
post above. Which one amp would you recommend
from the Slash collection for general versatile duties,
(not specifically for metal/thrash) ?
Cheers

Thank you Slosh
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:28 pm The new models are much brighter and crunchier than the previous versions. Sounds closer to the Caliburn 800 in that regard now. I'm not saying they sound all that similar, but comparing the original Slash models to Caliburn a few weeks back, you could hear that the Slash 800 had big, muddy low end, with less overall crunch. The new models sound much crunchier and brighter. To the point where old presets/projects are going to be an issue because they sound wildly bright now. I find myself backing the treble way off in presets to get them back into a usable state.

I'm not complaining. I'll take improved models any day of the week and this update sounds good when you're not loading up an old preset. I'd love to see an original Fender Collection 1.5, or a Hendrix 1.5, etc.
Agreed, we need more 1.5 of older collections. :D

glokraw wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm
Burillo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am Nope, ALL of them were available in CS from day one. The collection is just cheaper way to get it. For example, i don't own the original Fender collection, but i have a few models purchased a-la carte. Slash i've owned for a long time, but i was able to demo and buy each piece individually.
Thanks for the correction, edited my
post above. Which one amp would you recommend
from the Slash collection for general versatile duties,
(not specifically for metal/thrash) ?
Cheers
I recommend trying them both and see which one you like. I haven't yet tried the new one, but i've always liked the JCM better than AFD - somwhow AFD always sounded like it doesn't have enough gain to do anything meaningful with amp's own distortion - it's either too crunchy or too mushy. YMMV of course, and as i said i haven't yet tried the new ones.

Burillo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:04 pm
Ryan_IK wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:56 pm The best part about this update, we offer this as a free update for existing AmpliTube Slash users.
wow, that's a first for IK. i hope this trend continues. will old models still be accessible?

(teeny-tiny hope that all of the other gear gets updated to Amplitube 4-era standards...)
Yes, AmpliTube 4 will still offer all modules from older versions of AmpliTube. Feel free to update, your gear will still be available.

EnderWillSaveUs wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:49 pm Any chance the stompbox emulations in the bundle were updated as well?
No, these modules were not updated. The current models should still sound great. If you haven't checked them out, be sure to use the Custom Shop to do so. The /Delay and Noise Gate from the Slash collection are two of my favorite models.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:28 pm The new models are much brighter and crunchier than the previous versions. Sounds closer to the Caliburn 800 in that regard now. I'm not saying they sound all that similar, but comparing the original Slash models to Caliburn a few weeks back, you could hear that the Slash 800 had big, muddy low end, with less overall crunch. The new models sound much crunchier and brighter. To the point where old presets/projects are going to be an issue because they sound wildly bright now. I find myself backing the treble way off in presets to get them back into a usable state.

Thanks for the feedback here. To confirm, these models were updated and tweaked with Slash himself working directly with development. They went back and forth until Slash felt the gear reflected his rig properly :D
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Return to “Effects”