The Best EQ-Matching Equalizer VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Hi there,
So basically I was searching for an Equalizer VST that has the EQ-Matching function with the ability to edit the EQ curve precisely, and I found MFreeformEqualizer;
It's pretty good actually but the only problem I've found with it is that the output doesn't match EQ curve accurately especially on the low-end frequencies although the quality was set to "Extreme" and the FFT size was set to 262k, and I've made sure of this by applying an EQ curve to a White-Noise source;
Does any of you guys know how to have more accuracy and precision, or if there is a better plugin to do this?

Also try increasing the overlap time, lessen smoothness.

FabFilter ProQ2 works fine.

T-RackS Master Match - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trmastermatch/

I've tested everything I could, this is the best.

Thank you all so much for your replies :)

Cooker wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 pm Also try increasing the overlap time, lessen smoothness.
I've actually set the overlap time to its maximum and the smoothness to 0%, but still not accurate enough.

mike_the_ranger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm FabFilter ProQ2 works fine.
The problem with Pro-Q 2 is its limited bands (the maximum is 24 bands).
Last edited by ahmedyaser100 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Blade wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:30 pm T-RackS Master Match - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trmastermatch/

I've tested everything I could, this is the best.
This looks good, I'll check it out :).
Last edited by ahmedyaser100 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think the problem with Equivocate is that it's limited to 26 bands.

What are you using EQ matching for that requires so many bands? Hard to edit the output at that point.

imrae wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:18 am What are you using EQ matching for that requires so many bands? Hard to edit the output at that point.
I'm trying to recreate sound samples from noise.

ahmedyaser100 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:38 am
imrae wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:18 am What are you using EQ matching for that requires so many bands? Hard to edit the output at that point.
I'm trying to recreate sound samples from noise.

That's interesting, why are you doing that? (if you have coding skills you can do that by randomising the phase info of the fft)

If not Melda, the most detailed to know is the (offline) FFT in Samplitude but you'll need the DAW for that.

ahmedyaser100 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am
I think the problem with Equivocate is that it's limited to 26 bands.
That's rather a problem in theory.
In my experience Equivocate gives very convincing results.

Return to “Effects”