The Best EQ-Matching Equalizer VST

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRer
26 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:18 am

Hi there,
So basically I was searching for an Equalizer VST that has the EQ-Matching function with the ability to edit the EQ curve precisely, and I found MFreeformEqualizer;
It's pretty good actually but the only problem I've found with it is that the output doesn't match EQ curve accurately especially on the low-end frequencies although the quality was set to "Extreme" and the FFT size was set to 262k, and I've made sure of this by applying an EQ curve to a White-Noise source;
Does any of you guys know how to have more accuracy and precision, or if there is a better plugin to do this?

KVRian
897 posts since 29 Jul, 2008

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:22 am

Also try increasing the overlap time, lessen smoothness.

KVRist
262 posts since 16 Feb, 2017

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 am

FabFilter ProQ2 works fine.

User avatar
KVRist
60 posts since 9 Apr, 2017 from São Paulo, Brazil

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:30 am

T-RackS Master Match - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trmastermatch/

I've tested everything I could, this is the best.

User avatar
KVRist
268 posts since 22 Nov, 2015

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 pm


KVRer

Topic Starter

26 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:23 am

Thank you all so much for your replies :)

KVRer

Topic Starter

26 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:27 am

Cooker wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:22 am
Also try increasing the overlap time, lessen smoothness.
I've actually set the overlap time to its maximum and the smoothness to 0%, but still not accurate enough.

KVRer

Topic Starter

26 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 am

mike_the_ranger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 am
FabFilter ProQ2 works fine.
The problem with Pro-Q 2 is its limited bands (the maximum is 24 bands).
Last edited by ahmedyaser100 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer

Topic Starter

26 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:34 am

Johnny Blade wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:30 am
T-RackS Master Match - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trmastermatch/

I've tested everything I could, this is the best.
This looks good, I'll check it out :).
Last edited by ahmedyaser100 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer

Topic Starter

26 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:38 am

I think the problem with Equivocate is that it's limited to 26 bands.

KVRAF
1833 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 am

What are you using EQ matching for that requires so many bands? Hard to edit the output at that point.

KVRer

Topic Starter

26 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 am

imrae wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 am
What are you using EQ matching for that requires so many bands? Hard to edit the output at that point.
I'm trying to recreate sound samples from noise.

KVRAF
2358 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:53 am

ahmedyaser100 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 am
imrae wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 am
What are you using EQ matching for that requires so many bands? Hard to edit the output at that point.
I'm trying to recreate sound samples from noise.

That's interesting, why are you doing that? (if you have coding skills you can do that by randomising the phase info of the fft)

KVRian
897 posts since 29 Jul, 2008

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:56 am

If not Melda, the most detailed to know is the (offline) FFT in Samplitude but you'll need the DAW for that.

KVRian
667 posts since 8 Apr, 2012

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 am

ahmedyaser100 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:38 am
I think the problem with Equivocate is that it's limited to 26 bands.
That's rather a problem in theory.
In my experience Equivocate gives very convincing results.

Return to “Effects”