New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Would be nice if distortions were better but hey

focusrite wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 pm Is it still only me that can't get the tooltips to display properly at all on UA plugs? It's the same for me on Byome too :(

Was having similar issues, changed to best appearance settings rather than best performance in Windows control panel and the tool tips now show fine.

Was having similar issues, changed to best appearance settings rather than best performance in Windows control panel and the tool tips now show fine.
Hi thanks for the info. I'm on Win7 . Is this under personalization options?

NM found it. But it doesn't work for me . Thanks anyway :)

focusrite wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi thanks for the info. I'm on Win7 . Is this under personalization options?
Haven't got my Win 7 PC on but just googled and looks like-
· Click Windows Start button.
· Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
· On the left side of the window, click Advanced System Settings.
· Under the Advanced tab, in the Performance section click Settings.
· Under Visual Effects tab, select “Adjust for best appearance”

Might be able to improve it by just changing some settings but wasn't sure which ones might be responsible for the glitch.

Enabling Windows aero themes did the trick. :hihi:

acousticglue wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:16 pm Would be nice if distortions were better but hey
I think they are some of the best distortions ever. They are raw algorithms though,
if you want to smooth them out or otherwise color them you have to figure it yourself mostly. :tu:

acousticglue wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:16 pm Would be nice if distortions were better but hey
I haven’t tried it yet. But you’d think the cheaters of Dent would get something like that right.

Did you try chaining them??

I actually really like the various distortions. There are a lot of different ones available, from tape saturation to simple clipping to digital wave mangling.

Would like to hear more presets that aren't glitch-oriented. (With that said, I haven't installed the demo yet due to downloading issues.)
A well-behaved signature.

Could someone explain the overlap between BYOME and the other time domain effects from UnfIltered Audio?

Just bought BYOME and love it but I haven’t had much of a chance to play around with it. I’ve been looking at Zip as well but am wondering what the overlap is. Do the standalone plugins still offer elements that weren’t included in BYOME?

Also, what’s the chances of the new modifiers being added to Spec Ops?

Thanks, Nathan

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:42 am Would like to hear more presets that aren't glitch-oriented. (With that said, I haven't installed the demo yet due to downloading issues.)
Here is one (more in there):

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... udio-byome

I played around with distortions and just had to tame them not chain them. There is too much delay in pitch filter though. If you don't use the top slew it's much better but not as good as fault. But making my own presets is fun.

Anyone else having issue with byome on Win10 (I am using Waveform 9, Bitwig, Reason - all latest versions) - seems like in Waveform and Bitwig I cannot make connections ( e.g. from modulator outputs to fx param inputs) - on presets not at all and for the default plugin setting it seems not anymore after adding a module.

This works in reason, but then after closing the plugin window and reopening it I can no longer even change knobs (e.g. overall wet/dry mix)

Anyone else?
Win 10 on Surface pro 3 here.

Best

steff3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 pm Anyone else having issue with byome on Win10 (I am using Waveform 9, Bitwig, Reason - all latest versions) - seems like in Waveform and Bitwig I cannot make connections ( e.g. from modulator outputs to fx param inputs) - on presets not at all and for the default plugin setting it seems not anymore after adding a module.

This works in reason, but then after closing the plugin window and reopening it I can no longer even change knobs (e.g. overall wet/dry mix)

Anyone else?
Win 10 on Surface pro 3 here.

Best
Did you try to turn off OpenGL rendering in the menu?

SteveWZ wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:45 am
JerGoertz wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:42 am Would like to hear more presets that aren't glitch-oriented. (With that said, I haven't installed the demo yet due to downloading issues.)
Here is one (more in there):

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... udio-byome
Cool! Nice work
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Effects”