Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

EnochLight wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 pm
Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:01 pm
EnochLight wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm
Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:31 pm What threads? RT is still around and nothing had been deleted -- link them.

Specifically point out to me the masses who "bitched" about 10 being so close to 9. 5. Talked about sure, but I don't recall anyone going "Oh nooo please don't make meaningful releases as soon as you are able to."
To what end? Judging from our "need for proper 4K support" discussion earlier, there is nothing to be gained.
The "end" would be validity for your statement and prove my initial response to Propellerhead invalid.

You lashed out at me for a valid observation. you then backed it up with:
EnochLight wrote: I can remember threads where people bitched a ton about 10 being so close to 9.5 - and that wasn't even taking into consideration the flack given for what was included in 10 at launch. I remember you being part of some of those threads, so you acting like that wasn't the case is troubling.
Which we both know is not true.
It's no less true than the need for proper 4K support in Reason, really. :party:
I'll let it go cause deep down I love you, and don't wanna see you squirm! :love:
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:08 pm I'll let it go cause deep down I love you, and don't wanna see you squirm! :love:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:08 pm
lachrimae wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:04 pm
Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:10 pm every person here would buy it a month after, if it was a solid upgrade. Don't pretend we don't want meaningful paid upgrades immediately- we all do and we don't give a crap how 'soon' it comes out. time isn't a factor for us, but certainly is for you.
Wrong. I never like to see a paid upgrade for software in less than 18 mos. If I notice that a company withholds highly sought-after features for paid upgrades I'm less likely to support them in the long-term... but when I see a dev release those features on point releases I have more desire to support them even if the eventual paid upgrade is not as sexy (e.g. Reaper). It's a matter of good will on both sides.
Ya sure, because quality can only be determined by the length of time between upgrades, 18 months specifically. You are a minority.
Of course it can. It’s about how much money you’ve got to spend.
Ans «solid» and «meaningful» to you, probably isn’t the same for me, or many others.

Reason users...
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:46 pm
Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:10 pm every person here would buy it a month after, if it was a solid upgrade. Don't pretend we don't want meaningful paid upgrades immediately- we all do and we don't give a crap how 'soon' it comes out. time isn't a factor for us, but certainly is for you.
Wrong. I never like to see a paid upgrade for software in less than 18 mos. If I notice that a company withholds highly sought-after features for paid upgrades I'm less likely to support them in the long-term... but when I see a dev release those features on point releases I have more desire to support them even if the eventual paid upgrade is not as sexy (e.g. Reaper). It's a matter of good will on both sides.
Ya sure, because quality can only be determined by the length of time between upgrades, 18 months specifically. You are a minority.
Ans «solid» and «meaningful» to you, probably isn’t the same for me, or many others.

Reason users...
Do you listen to yourself? You just agreed with me and don't even realize it.
Have you tried Vital?

If only the old PH forums still existed, then we could *really* revel in the toxicity like the good old days.

:lol:

Tronam wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:31 pm If only the old PH forums still existed, then we could *really* revel in the toxicity like the good old days.
Don't get me started on the old PH forums... you don't want me chiming in on that fail from props...
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 pm
BMoore wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Reason users...
Do you listen to yourself? You just agreed with me and don't even realize it.
Uh, no.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Psuper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm
Tronam wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:31 pm If only the old PH forums still existed, then we could *really* revel in the toxicity like the good old days.
Don't get me started on the old PH forums... you don't want me chiming in on that fail from props...
Yeah, it was the Props fault :lol:

Soooo... slightly related, but this just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAaTlhq-cgI
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:08 pm Soooo... slightly related, but this just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAaTlhq-cgI
So the subscription plan didn't work out so well I guess.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I love rent to own. Using Splice all the time. Do Prop's this to the Reason itself, so people can try it on impulse buy and test it out Reason more "properly". If it doesn't click, just cancel the subscription. Easy.

keel wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:22 pm I love rent to own. Using Splice all the time. Do Prop's this to the Reason itself, so people can try it on impulse buy and test it out Reason more "properly". If it doesn't click, just cancel the subscription. Easy.
Yeah, I like it too - I've used Splice before. About actual Reason as a RTO product, I suggested this over at Reasontalk:
It would be cool to expand this to the full version of Reason itself. But since paying $9.99/month would take people 40 months to pay off (assuming Reason is $399), they should include free upgrades to any version of Reason up to that point (month 40). Then, once it's paid off, you own it free and clear like any other version (and hence, are subject to buying full-version upgrades after month 40).
In my example, for $9.99/month you basically get all future versions of Reason up until it's paid off. After that, you switch to the standard "buy an upgrade when the features bring value to you" that we currently do now.

EnochLight wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:38 pm
It would be cool to expand this to the full version of Reason itself. But since paying $9.99/month would take people 40 months to pay off (assuming Reason is $399), they should include free upgrades to any version of Reason up to that point (month 40). Then, once it's paid off, you own it free and clear like any other version (and hence, are subject to buying full-version upgrades after month 40).
In my example, for $9.99/month you basically get all future versions of Reason up until it's paid off. After that, you switch to the standard "buy an upgrade when the features bring value to you" that we currently do now.
Oh wow, that'd be a fantastic idea.

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:18 pm So the subscription plan didn't work out so well I guess.
I think it didn’t really benefit the developers as much to rent, so I didn’t really look to closely into it. I may take a closer look at a RTO model, assuming that other developers join in on this model. Right now it is ONLY PH’s products as RTO options.

FWIW, it was an insta-rent to get Serum when Splice came out with their RTO option for Serum. I don’t think I EVER would have bought Serum any other way, so Xferrecords scored $189 from me when they wouldn’t have otherwise for such an “expensive synth.*” I’m sure I’m not the only one in that situation.

On a sad note, despite having Serum now for what, 3 years since Splice made Serum available... I’ve barely used it. :(

* = I don’t hesitate to spend $200+ on hardware synths, but I don’t have any VSTi’s that I’ve spent more than $75 on.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”