Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SolarAxix wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:58 pm
zadillo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm
kwilson wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm Anyone else tempted by output sale, its showing £359 for upgrade to full bundle from Movement which I purchased cheap.
Yup, I've been on the fence with Output for a while, but there's at least a few libraries I've genuinely wanted for a while. I got Movement cheap on sale as well so my upgrade price has been $659, which has been tempting. With this current sale my upgrade price is now $401 which basically puts it into no-brainer status for me.
I had Movement for free and got the Native Instrument Output Bundle+expansions earlier this year for $299. Last week my upgrade price was around $389.. With this November sale, it's now $172 for Exhale, Analog Brass & Winds, Rev X-Loops, Rev and all related expansions.... hmmm... :)
This is a no-brainer price. Does it last through the end of November?

The 172 price is a mistake.

dusted william wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:57 am The 172 price is a mistake.
No. It is his personal upgrade price. My personal upgrade price is $248 based on what I already have. Everybody will have a different upgrade price.

Nope, it's a mistake. They are calculating it incorrectly. better buy it before they figure it out...

Which ones of the Nomad products are considered best? I know, its not very fashionable at the moment, some really high quality plugins.
I own a couple of those, e.g. the delay.
Is British Channel bundle good?
Now all about -70 %.

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 am Which ones of the Nomad products are considered best? I know, its not very fashionable at the moment, some really high quality plugins.
Now all about -70 %.
Magma
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Kiloheartz One has been a freebie with Beat Magazine for a couple of months now.

If you can't read German and are having trouble understanding the registration, you can easily use their Serial Centre and register it from within there.

Assuming you have the relevent back issues you can also do the same for many of their other magware exclusives including Ozone Elements and several AIR plugins.

How does the Steven Slate Drums compare to Superior Drummer 3 or Addictive Drums 2 ? I noticed that the Slate are more affordable than the other two?

FWIW, Steven Slate has gotten himself something of an industry standard status in major recording studios for his Trigger plugin. A lot of recorded "live band" music uses his drum sounds. I'd expect SSD5 to find its way into all the same studios. Make of that what you will.

Personally I like the Abbey Road stuff that comes with Komplete but I'm no connoisseur and I don't care enough to buy anything seperate.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:45 am
Harry_HH wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 am Which ones of the Nomad products are considered best? I know, its not very fashionable at the moment, some really high quality plugins.
Now all about -70 %.

I've got Magma, for some very cheap offer. Its totally outdated, never use it.
What about among console/preamp etc emulations?

Magma

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 pm
Now all about -70 %.

Magma
There's a thread for Magma. I've resurrected it and got some answers:
viewtopic.php?p=7218268#p7218268

For me it looks a bit like abandoned. Not even listed on their products page.

dermage wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 pm
Now all about -70 %.

Magma
There's a thread for Magma. I've resurrected it and got some answers:
viewtopic.php?p=7218268#p7218268

For me it looks a bit like abandoned. Not even listed on their products page.
Yeah, that's why I didn't even count in that. But Nomad has several analogue modellings I don't know anything about. And someone praised their British Channel.

They allow you to demo their products, so just download them and try for yourself. Everyone has an opinion, but my advice is to let YOUR ears judge for yourself. Personally, I think their stuff is very good, and very easy on the CPU in most cases. MAGMA is a very good bread and butter, and you can chain in other effects as well. I runs perfectly fine in every DAW I own (too many really).
Bob B.
Founder
dawtopia.com
Music Production Blog for Stage | Studio | Digital Audio Workstation
Helping Musicians Make Great Music, That's What We Do!

brozobob wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:31 pm They allow you to demo their products, so just download them and try for yourself. Everyone has an opinion, but my advice is to let YOUR ears judge for yourself. Personally, I think their stuff is very good, and very easy on the CPU in most cases. MAGMA is a very good bread and butter, and you can chain in other effects as well. I runs perfectly fine in every DAW I own (too many really).
Only Nomad has about 40 plugins in their sale list - if you have time to test them all personally, great.

Re: Nomad Factory. I have several of the more "fashionable" tape sims from other developers -- and yet, to my surprise, I found I liked Nomad's Magnetic II best on a recent mix. I've also used their Echoes, on occasion, over the many other delays I have. A couple others, too, that I don't recall at the moment. (I have way too many plugins.)

While they don't seem to get as much hype/attention as other brands -- I find them underrated, a good value and a very pleasant surprise from time to time. And, as a bonus, I love launching their beautiful GUIs -- I try not to care, but I can't help myself.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”