Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rational wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:06 pm Good point about it running on pi. Must be VERY light weight on resources to be able to do that. He must be talking about the company's work ethic... Which I can attest to as it's Monday night here now and still no code. :(
Oh sorry, there's nothing wrong with their work ethic, it's just a not-so-great system. We can order Tracktion full products through an automated system, it's only upgrades that we need to have Tracktion's distributor order manually for us.

classicalaudionewbie wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm How good is EastWest's November 60% off sale? Is that about as good as it gets? I know from other comments here they run sales pretty frequently. Specifically looking for Hollywood Orchestra Gold, though interested in solo instruments as well.
Most of their sales are 50% off and don't include the free Play 6.

HcDoom wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:18 pm Does uhe lowers prices on synths during black friday madness?
They had DIVA for 25% off a couple of years ago.

woggle wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:48 am Do Blue Cat ever do BF/any sales? I am interested in Late Replies
They have not scheduled anything so far.

dandezebra wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 pm Zynaptiq ever do BF sales - specifically for the Design Bundle? Cheers!
They often do. I don't think anything is currently scheduled.

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 pm @Uncle E: It seems that lately I´m quite a late decider regarding intro prices :party: ... are there any UVI plate licenses left at the intro price?
We actually did have a few and kept them on sale for a few days extra. Were you able to get it?

yehboy1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 pm Does Toontrack historically have sales on Superior Drummer in November? Interested in the main program (SD3) not the packs.
They historically have and they always do killer Black Friday deals. They're really one of the companies to watch that week because they normally do different super cheap sales each day. With that said, I don't think Superior Drummer will be on sale.

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 pm
kwilson wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm Anyone else tempted by output sale, its showing £359 for upgrade to full bundle from Movement which I purchased cheap.
Yes, me, but I’m still not sure about it. Can please someone persuade me NOT to buy...
Allegedly, they don't pay their musicians. :singer:

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 am Which ones of the Nomad products are considered best? I know, its not very fashionable at the moment, some really high quality plugins.
I own a couple of those, e.g. the delay.
Is British Channel bundle good?
Now all about -70 %.
Cosmos is always popular. 80's Spaces is popular, too, but Cosmos is the one I always see people buying, whether it's on sale or not.

songshark wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:49 pm Re: Nomad Factory. I have several of the more "fashionable" tape sims from other developers -- and yet, to my surprise, I found I liked Nomad's Magnetic II best on a recent mix. I've also used their Echoes, on occasion, over the many other delays I have.
Magnetic, Echoes, and Cosmos make up the Magnetics Bundle, currently on sale for $59:

https://www.jrrshop.com/nomad-factory-magnetics-bundle

brozobob wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:31 pm MAGMA is a very good bread and butter.
I wouldnt say Magma was 'bread and butter' unless you ignore certain features . Effects can be chained within a routing matrix, it has a nice modulation system so you can get pretty wacky and it can load VSTs.

I would compare it to UA BYOME or BC Patcher.
However BYOME only has serial routing, and it cant load VSTs.
MC Patcher does not have a modulation system but can load VSTi as well as VST effects.

Or theres Magma's sibling P&M Chainer which like the others has no modulation system.

The Integral Pack used to sell for $99 at least once a year.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

songshark wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:49 pm Re: Nomad Factory. I have several of the more "fashionable" tape sims from other developers -- and yet, to my surprise, I found I liked Nomad's Magnetic II best on a recent mix. I've also used their Echoes, on occasion, over the many other delays I have. A couple others, too, that I don't recall at the moment. (I have way too many plugins.)

While they don't seem to get as much hype/attention as other brands -- I find them underrated, a good value and a very pleasant surprise from time to time. And, as a bonus, I love launching their beautiful GUIs -- I try not to care, but I can't help myself.
I had time to demo some of the recommendations. Magnetic II is really good, especially if you don't have any quality saturation/tape sim plugin, yet. Cosmos is good, but my brainworx subsynth does that work better.
Echoes I already own, I can recommend it to anyone, no matter how many echoes/delays you own. Its unique.
Lsd Garbage's some modules are absolutely fantastic, as well. Maybe the whole plugin structure is a bit outdated.

Where Nomad really shines, is the warm, analog-type modelling and personal sounding effects.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:05 am
epiphaneia wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 pm @Uncle E: It seems that lately I´m quite a late decider regarding intro prices :party: ... are there any UVI plate licenses left at the intro price?
We actually did have a few and kept them on sale for a few days extra. Were you able to get it?
umm, no :dog: so if there´s still one left...?

quote=Biome_Digital post_id=7219317 !!

New Loops Black Friday deals!!! :hyper: :hyper:

GO GO GO
https://newloops.com

:party: :party: :party: :party:
[/quote]

There may be a deal, but we shouldn't have to click away to find out what it is. I know you're probably just excited, but please respect the community and post the actual deal.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Judging by their hyperactive posting style when it comes to ‘bargains’, Biome_Digital lives in a near permanent, consult-your-doctor state of excitement.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”