Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Rational
KVRian
514 posts since 31 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:14 pm

On the Arturia thing. I always thought their original wording was a bit sketchy and thought they might be playing it very close to the line and try to have an out based on the fact their their first language is French. So I'm not surprised to see this price. In fact I kinda thought this would happen and since I was never ever going to pay another $199 to them for an upgrade again, I wasn't going to buy it anyway for that. So I waited. Seems my intuition proved out.

Actually, for me I find it hard to complain when they offer a better price to the market. But I totally agree that their statements intentionally misled people. They should have never been so pushy with it last year in an attempt to get more sales that way as now they've generated ill will towards themselves.

I think the $99 price point is where they need to stick for all future years for major version upgrades. That's about the price level I prefer to pay. I do it with Cubase for a major version upgrade and half that for a .5 version upgrade. To me that's reasonable to keep them solvent and me interested and not feeling fleeced with front loaded pricing that may come down later.

SolarAxix
KVRist
150 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 pm

While it's all related to this event, it's actually a few things adding up that got me to this point. I gave them a few chances to make it right.

I reached out to their support and they told me it was a momentary upgrade glitch for the cart. When I told them that I had this price for 7 days and that it was both in my personalised offer with the link from their email as well as my cart which was not a momentary issue. I also informed them that I hadn't received any notices from them regarding the error, but received an automated email to complete my purchase in my cart which still showed the lower price a few days later. Afterwards, they said the best they could do is offer me $50 off which doesn't bring it close to the original offer I had for 7 days.

If I were to look at the email offer I received November 8 which said everything including the bundle were 25% off. Prior to the sale, my upgrade price was $389 and my current personalised price is $332. That's not 25% off but more like 15% off which is also deceitful.

Fleer
KVRAF
3910 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Well, I always had good dealings with Output, now owning almost everything they made. Wouldn’t want to miss their instruments. Also have to confirm their support is top notch. YMMV, of course.

dandezebra
KVRian
804 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:50 pm

That might be true, but having $150 added to your cart suddenly is a pain. No purchase from me now unless fixed.

Fleer
KVRAF
3910 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:56 pm

I hear you. Sure hope they do too.

mutantdog
KVRAF
1805 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from The Infinite Void

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 pm

SiliconDeath wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm
Lindell Audio ChannelX is on sale right now, is it worth getting? I'm usually not big into Channel Strips, but I'm really liking the new Waves TG Mastering Chain, so I'm wondering if the Lindell could also be something I could learn to enjoy.
I've got the Lindell 6X-500 and I'm really impressed with it. Some really nice saturation when driven with subtle effects on the dynamics. The analogue button makes a huge difference. I don't know about the rest of it though, the EQ is Pultec based apparently. I don't really care much for channel strips either but I'd probably upgrade to the full Channel X if they offered a better deal for me, sadly it seems they aren't.

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8700 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:31 am

Hope theres an extra discount, on the current discount for Bitwig upgrade, from certain outlets ;)

mgw38
KVRian
1176 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:31 am
Hope theres an extra discount, on the current discount for Bitwig upgrade, from certain outlets ;)
Yes, that one is a bit disappointing. They had better sales during the year.

cnt
KVRist
211 posts since 9 Mar, 2001 from Stockholm

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:43 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Im looking to get Bitwig now but it's cheaper in my local music store, than it is on BF-sale on their website. Whats upp with that? :?

Edit: my local store is selling VERSION f**ing 1. What a joke =)
/ C'n'T
Hi People! I'm an addict. Music is my drug.

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8700 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 am

cnt wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:43 am
mgw38 wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Im looking to get Bitwig now but it's cheaper in my local music store, than it is on BF-sale on their website. Whats upp with that? :?

If its an unregistered licence do you get an automatic upgrade to the current version :hyper:

cnt
KVRist
211 posts since 9 Mar, 2001 from Stockholm

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 am
cnt wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:43 am
mgw38 wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

If its an unregistered licence do you get an automatic upgrade to the current version :hyper:
Are you sure??

edit: gaaah. they now deleted it from the website. F*ck!!! :)

edit2: I just realized the EDU version is legit for me. And its only €200 right now at Bitwig. :D
/ C'n'T
Hi People! I'm an addict. Music is my drug.

jbarish
KVRist
336 posts since 28 Apr, 2017

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 am

A reminder to try before you buy Kazrog K Clip 3. Many users are still experiencing loud pops in multiband mode and it's been a known issue for awhile now. No fix seems to be in sight.

jacqueslacouth
KVRian
865 posts since 18 Nov, 2004

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:36 am

I guess a consolation for those that upgraded Arturia V Collection last year is that you got to play 3 very good new synths from the point that for you, they were well worth the $67 a piece...that actually still makes them really good value, while for the tight arses like myself, sure I got to save some cash, but I didn't get to play either and I'll tell you, I could really have used the DX7 and CMI in the past few months...so cheer up, you got some good gear at a pretty reasonable price (and yes, I get that their business strategy might leave a bit of a sour taste) and most of all, life is too short to get so worked up and angry about it...let's be honest, who here hasn't experienced something going on sale not long after you paid full price... :shrug:

dandezebra
KVRian
804 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 am

I contacted Output and haven't heard back yet. Curious to what they say.

kwilson
KVRist
48 posts since 27 Jun, 2015 from UK

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:03 pm

dandezebra wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 am
I contacted Output and haven't heard back yet. Curious to what they say.
My bundle upgrade price has changed from 359 to 501. Guess it was a mistake of theirs, at least I shall be saving my money.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”