Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:14 pm
mgw38 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:40 pm Native Instruments has a freebie today and a free e-voucher for $25. I wonder if it will work on the OT sale or is it just for NI products.
Unfortunately, these vouchers are not particularly useful. Only NI software and no upgrades or cross grades or special offers either. Was hoping I could use it for a Traktor software upgrade, but nope.
I found the fine print after posting this. Was actually thinking about getting a keyboard, but it doesn't work on hardware either.

I like my Launchkey but the software reads even a heavy bang like a soft pianissimo. Not the DAW. The DAWs have no problem with it. Just things like Kontakt and UVI.
I use a Launchkey mk2 49 and it plays just fine in Kontakt - I have my velocity curve setting in Launchkey set to high so my notes are more even and generally louder (dynamics still there though). What setting have you got your Launchkey on? Surely on low based on what you're saying..?
I don't think my Launchkey has that. I think I checked once and I have the earlier model. So I have to change the dynamics with Kontakt and most of the time that doesn't work, so I have to change it in the instrument.

Maybe it is time to get a new one....

kitekrazy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:38 pm These freebies are always so great (Thanks Sonokinetic!) I got in before the crowd, but I'm waiting to DL. I think it gets crazier every year. But a lot of fun!
Suck for us who have jobs than can't use the net anytime they want. Maybe they should try something different for those of use who have bought their stuff. There are some that get pissed about this and yes it's a sense of entitlement. So their intro price is now over valued since they gave it away for free. 40 euros is too much now.
LOL! I have a job. But I work from home when I'm not traveling and have a home computer available. Fortunately, I don't travel too much in December. But that is what my phone is for. I bought a lot on my phone this year. I am really hoping I didn't miss downloading something. It has happened. Usually inexpensive libraries that caught my attention. But sometimes the download codes only work for a few days and no longer work by the time I get home.

But you are right. There are jobs where you can't be checking your phone (if you have a phone with Internet access) all the time.
:?

I have a job, I came home and joined the herd and managed to get it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:17 am I have a job, I came home and joined the herd and managed to get it
So do I. Came home and the herd had eliminated all the goodies... oh well...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Thanks, Sonokinetic :clap:

@Uncle E
UVI is having sale on sweep and scratch machine. Would JRR offer the same deal?
Trance, Trance Is Life

kitekrazy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm
Suck for us who have jobs than can't use the net anytime they want. Maybe they should try something different for those of use who have bought their stuff. There are some that get pissed about this and yes it's a sense of entitlement. So their intro price is now over valued since they gave it away for free. 40 euros is too much now.
Rather narrow perspective: of you look at the map and the time zones, you immediately can see a couple of billion working potential, who have either returned home or not yet started the working day.
You are not alone in the world.
This timing is a good compromize between working and sleepinh hours globally.

**Rant**
I am so sick of MAGIX invasive pop up banners on my desktop even when not browsing. Advertising deals on low end crap software (e.g. music maker) on my desktop because they acquired my info from Sony (actually I'm originally a Sonic Foundry customer).

It's a good thing I keep my music pc off the Internet as this horrible marketing method interrupts and slows my non-music laptop regularly. I've tried to cleanse this crap off my laptop even reviewing my registry.

Do they think this will win my repeat business on Acid, Sound Forge and Vegas upgrades??? I'm fed up with MAGIX.

Be forewarned that MAGIX does this invasive marketing.

**end rant**

I have Magix stuff and haven't had any of these problems with it. Check your start up options. There is probably something there that needs disabling

Did that and cleaned registry. Then a few weeks later it pops up with latest sale -- even when I'm working on a spreadsheet or something offline.

I shouldn't need to clear off unwelcomed marketing crap from my system ... they already spam my email account with sales enough.

So if I get that $25 Vegas Pro 15 just in case I ever want to use it... I'll have to deal with that marketing crap?... that turns a probably into a hell no....

Yikes. That’s straight up malware right there.

Huh. I've got Audio Studio 12 loaded, and have never had popups, but it looks like lots of other people do get them. That would be terminally annoying. It's like anti-marketing, trying to get people to quit doing business with you.

Does this help? : https://www.magix.info/us/forum/how-to- ... --1211463/

EDIT: I just checked and Connect did show as installed. I uninstalled it on general principles. Looks like it left some files behind here: C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\connector\

This is on a Win7 x64 machine.

Guess I'll wait to see if it has enough smarts on board to reinstall itself. I don't see anything obvious in services.msc or autoruns, and am too lazy to go trolling through the Registry right now.

Kevin63101 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:35 am **Rant**
I am so sick of MAGIX invasive pop up banners on my desktop even when not browsing. Advertising deals on low end crap software (e.g. music maker) on my desktop because they acquired my info from Sony (actually I'm originally a Sonic Foundry customer).

It's a good thing I keep my music pc off the Internet as this horrible marketing method interrupts and slows my non-music laptop regularly. I've tried to cleanse this crap off my laptop even reviewing my registry.

Do they think this will win my repeat business on Acid, Sound Forge and Vegas upgrades??? I'm fed up with MAGIX.

Be forewarned that MAGIX does this invasive marketing.

**end rant**
They are spamming me all the time with their newsletter...unsubscribed several times but they just keep coming :x

50% off ALL Blue Cat Audio
...Blue Cat Audio Late Replies was $129.00 - now $99.00

[edit] ah i see... "Up to 50%"... i swear before it just said 50% off...
Last edited by sqigls on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”