SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Sorry, but I still think the upgrade path is weird. I bought St4 as part of STUDIO MAX2 after 23/11. Therefor I can get St4 se for free (99.99 euro). But if I would like to upgrade to St4 max I have to pay the full upgrade price for St4 max (199.99 euro). But why not the difference (100 euro)?

That is if you buy now. If you wait till you get ST4se then it will be $299.

Head scratcher....but really showing you aren’t getting ST4se for free if you really want everything...which I assume you do if you own Studio MAX.

Peter could you give us an idea of the man-hours invested in creating ST4? That should put the upgrade pricing into context.

scatman84 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:27 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:32 am
rob ofman wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:36 am Peter. I think it is really strange to consider that buying Sampletank 3 Max as part of a bundle is different than just buying ST3 max. Can you please explain why this is the case. Furthermore, there does not seems to be an option to pre-order St4 max if one is already entitled to get ST4 SE.
Hi, please note that is due to bundles like Total Studio 2 MAX are offered at a significant discount compared to buying the individual MAX products separately. That would be the reason there. There are also quite a few folks that were able to pick up Total Studio 2 MAX at 50% off (and one still can get it for another 40% off in our Happy Holi-deals promotion).

Speaking of pricing (I know - hypocrite!!! but hear me out), there is some context here about discounts vs paying full price and such that are taken into consideration with regard to the bundles/hardware inclusions and what you get free based on those conditions so I wanted to say that I understand those that may have purchased ST3 or ST3 MAX full price - not during a 50% off sale or similar - may feel they might be a special case or similar and that was something heard loud and clear. Now I’ll note that while I truly understand I can’t make any guarantees except that you’ll be heard - but I know I was not clear that the pricing comments and suggestions are definitely relayed to the folks that make those decisions and additional suggestions are added along the way. I’m not happy that I gave anybody the impression that their voices weren’t heard or that I wouldn’t be a champion for the IK customer. That I am and can still be whilst relaying the information about prices and such that receive some, er, strong feedback. Don’t hurt the messenger - at least not fatally :) - and I’ll do my best to let folks here at IK know to where you’d like to see the needle move.
No point in giving explanations after you called us 'entitled'!? Yes you used that word to describe us loyal customers. This is not shooting the messenger, this is me protesting you attitude towards us.

You chose those words, not us. We were civically asking for what we thought was fair.

Seriously, your earlier response has made me think about stopping any further purchases from IKM.

Now you can easily ask me to bugger off and it won't even surprise me....
I used the word as it is defined and grammatically in context and not at all as an insult. I said people felt entitled to a deal which is not an insult nor was it intended to be. I’m sorry you took it that way but that’s not how it was meant. I absolutely did not call anybody entitled as you state, i used the word as a verb as defined: “give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.” and not as an adjective.

Protest as you wish and I won’t tell you to bugger off but I will tell you that you interpreted my message incorrectly and I hope this post clears that up.

benjamind wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:36 am Hopefully this means that resources can be freed up now to start working on MODO Guitars.

After ST4 that would hopefully be the next development..
Well we do have some parallel development and some resources from ST4 will certainly assist in those and other projects but I cannot sharebtye details on those quite yet!

etotman wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:34 pm Peter could you give us an idea of the man-hours invested in creating ST4? That should put the upgrade pricing into context.
I can (will) ask for more precise numbers and see but we’ve definitely been working on this quite a long time and the sampling sessions themselves were definitely quite long (or course also taking into account the mountain of work after this sessions are done). I believe we will have some content showing the work that went into some of these great detailed sounds soon too.

neverenoughfunk wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:51 am Seasons Greetings Peter!!!!

buying ikmultimedia product the key is timing... most of ikmultimedia products if patient will fall into your lap with a great deal... personally, i am looking forward to Sampletank 4 Max... upgrade from Sampletank 3 with jam point the upgrade is only $169... and i bet if one waits for a deal they could get it cheaper...

p.s. the upgrade looks great...
Seasons greetings to you too! Been a long time since we’ve talked (typed) - nice to see you here and definitely appreciate the kind words.

Eventually yes there are deals but there is also usually a good length of time between release and those deals which is a conscious decisions/process. Of course this part would be more for those lurking and reading as I’m almost certain you and participants in the thread are in tune with IK releases and deals for sure :)

Personally... Im just waiting to see the instrument list of each version. Just seen ST4 is at Sweetwater so I can add that to my current financing 😎 Ive been waiting for this level of functionality from IK for a long time!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:44 pm
I used the word as it is defined and grammatically in context and not at all as an insult. I said people felt entitled to a deal which is not an insult nor was it intended to be. I’m sorry you took it that way but that’s not how it was meant. I absolutely did not call anybody entitled as you state, i used the word as a verb as defined: “give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.” and not as an adjective.

Protest as you wish and I won’t tell you to bugger off but I will tell you that you interpreted my message incorrectly and I hope this post clears that up.
When I first read the 'entitled' comment, that is exactly how I read it/took it, I was totally puzzled how anyone would get offended by it or take it the other way. Even if you (Peter) had of said in the manner that at least one person seems to have taken it, I probably would have said "Well done Peter, and about time", considering all the shots you take and have taken both here and elsewhere you'd be well within your rights to fire back in my opinion, but you seem to be quite the professional and always conduct yourself in a professional manner, more power to you. :clap:

Pre-orderd ST4 Max upgrade from ST3 :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

Saukar30 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:20 pm Personally... Im just waiting to see the instrument list of each version. Just seen ST4 is at Sweetwater so I can add that to my current financing 😎 Ive been waiting for this level of functionality from IK for a long time!
Glad that you'll have functionality you enjoy in SampleTank 4! I'll keep inquiring about a list of sounds. Thank you.

I purchased SampleTank 3 MAX! The sounds are actually much better than I expected, given the comments here. Can't wait for version 4. Is the manual for either version available online?

The ST3 User Manual was installed along with the software (and on Windows, there is a link to it in the "All Programs/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3 sub-menu). There will also be a download link in your User Area / My products ...

Traditionally IK Multimedia product manuals are not generally available on-line and certainly not before the software is released.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

However, early access to the manual if possible has been requested.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:29 am I'm not sure, but I can see if the team will have a copy to test on. Did you contact IK Support about SampleTank 3 in GP2?
When I mentioned this on the GP forum the vendor mentioned that he never got ST to work and raised a ticket with IK but gave up.
https://community.gigperformer.com/t/co ... stis/680/4

However, I’ve pre-ordered ST 4 Max and really hope the GP crash issue will be resolved.

GP has a fully functional demo so testing is accessible. If there are issues with GP I’ll raise a support ticket to help resolve because running live under GP is an important application for this type of Vsti.

Peter, will the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 interface be updated to match ST4?

Return to “Instruments”