Best way to convert Superior drummer 2 files to BFD3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have any tips on converting SD2 files to BFD3?

Thanks.

You mean the samples? Or the grooves? If you mean sample content, it can't be done by end users.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:07 pm You mean the samples? Or the grooves? If you mean sample content, it can't be done by end users.
Hi

Sorry I should have said, yes just the grooves.

Thanks.

LoopyFruit wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:07 pm You mean the samples? Or the grooves? If you mean sample content, it can't be done by end users.
Hi

Sorry I should have said, yes just the grooves.

Thanks.
Does SD2 let you export MIDI or drag and drop grooves to your DAW? If you can drag and drop them to your DAW, or record the MIDI output in your DAW, the process would basically be:

1. [Get SD2 grooves into MIDI]
2. Export short MIDI clips from your DAW as needed
3. Import these MIDI clips into BFD3

https://www.fxpansion.com/webmanuals/bf ... rooves.htm

That would be great if you could.

Thanks

It's actually very easy. All their groove content is packaged as simple midi files. The problem is their naming conventions make it quite difficult to use inside BFD. You have to have some way to batch rename the files, and maybe re-order them into new directories based on the meta-data tags that are inside the SQL database that ship with each pack.

Not like I've done that for myself or anything..... erm....
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Return to “Instruments”