Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Just finished 120 patches for HIVE using the wavetables. Done a couple of short audio demos if anyone is interested in listening?

I especially like the hard basses from HIVE! :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/newloops/sets/wa ... e-presets

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:07 pm Just finished 120 patches for HIVE using the wavetables. Done a couple of short audio demos if anyone is interested in listening?

Nice! Shared this on our Facebook page :)

I have started making sounds with the demo and I am genuinely worried... I really ought not to buy more synths but this has me tempted. I try to tell myself that I could make the same sounds with Zebra. It is weird, but Hive reminds me of my time with Roland JV1080 back in the late 90’s early 00’s. I can’t see why but something about the sound brings up that nostalgia.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 pm
Urs wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 am
Urs wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:19 am Btw. I wholeheartedly agree with what you, 2NDMOUSE and AdvancedFollower say. I probably also enjoy the cozyness of our little retreat here, maybe I'm subconsciously afraid of how wild things can go in Instruments :hihi:
Amen to latter... the thread in Instruments is officially lost.
Instruments threads are like that... they devolve... then come back around... then disintegrate again and so on.

Kudos for your patience :tu:
If KVR was represented on an old-timey parchment map, Instruments would be represented by the "Here be dragons" on the edges....or alternatively, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

needaname wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:05 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:07 pm Just finished 120 patches for HIVE using the wavetables. Done a couple of short audio demos if anyone is interested in listening?

Nice! Shared this on our Facebook page :)
And Twitter!

Stollmeister wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:40 pm I have started making sounds with the demo and I am genuinely worried... I really ought not to buy more synths but this has me tempted. I try to tell myself that I could make the same sounds with Zebra. It is weird, but Hive reminds me of my time with Roland JV1080 back in the late 90’s early 00’s. I can’t see why but something about the sound brings up that nostalgia.
Hive can make sounds that Zebra cannot. Plus it has a different sound character. And those Uhm scripts sound so good!! :love:

You are gonna have to buy Hive... :hihi:

:hihi:

Some cool stuff there!

You should post these in the Hive 1.2 thread in Instruments too. A different set of people will see it.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:49 pm
Stollmeister wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:40 pm I have started making sounds with the demo and I am genuinely worried... I really ought not to buy more synths but this has me tempted. I try to tell myself that I could make the same sounds with Zebra. It is weird, but Hive reminds me of my time with Roland JV1080 back in the late 90’s early 00’s. I can’t see why but something about the sound brings up that nostalgia.
Hive can make sounds that Zebra cannot. Plus it has a different sound character. And those Uhm scripts sound so good!! :love:

You are gonna have to buy Hive... :hihi:
Haha! You are not helping! What is worse, still on the todo-list is playing Hive with my Roli. Unlike Zebra, Hive is (I think) fully compatible. I predict that will push me over the edge.

BTW, I can’t wait to hear what sounds you (pdxibdy) come up with for Hive. Your work for Zebra and Bazille is amazing.

I have a question about WT file path managing:

I'm creating a sound library with my custom wavetables and wondering if my WTs can be loaded correctly on other devices. Do users have to reproduce my folder structure with the same folder names?

I tried changing some folder names and loaded a preset with WT. Then the folder name said <empty>, yet still seemed that they found the right WT file.
So does Hive search WT by its name and users hence can change folder names freely, or this <empty> message is something that should be avoided?

BTW, I'm astonished by the sound quality and versatility of Hive's wavetable feature. I made some keyboard stuff sounds, and to me it sounds more realistic than sample-based instrument!! :love: :love:

https://soundcloud.com/plugmon/hive-wav ... mples-keys
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

Folder structure doesn't have to be reconstructed, but all wavetables should be in Wavetables folder. Preferably there should be no duplicate names with different wavetables contained.

Those bass presets (which I may or may not have just bought) remind me that I was going to suggest U-He commission a Hive preset pack from Youtube bass-geek, Seamlessr. Except forbid him to do dubstep presets and request a pack of cinematic sounds that use his knowledge of geeky dubstep bass to create impact.

For convenience, wavetables can reside in the same directory as the presets using them. Thus, soundbanks can be installed without messing with the wavetable directory, provided all presets that use the same wavetable share the same directory.

Amazing! :o

That said, we will improve wavetable finding, error messages and all that over time. We will also embed uhm-based wavetables in presets (pending a reasonable size and no external dependencies).

The <empty> folder name is the result of a lot of last minute changes and attempts to make things fail safe, and we should really make it more descriptive :oops:

Return to “u-he”