Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

ATS wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 am
Stefken wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm
ATS wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 pm I just bought the V6 + Pigments upgrade but my Pigments is still only a 30 day license! Anyone else have this problem?
Resync your licenses in Arturia Software Center?
support got back to me, it was some sort of glitch. They have now added it to my account. However I think a lot of their other synths are better than this one myself.
Imo Pigment excels in modulation and usability. The sound engine imo is nothing special.

But what I find with Arturia softsynths: while there are synths with a better sound quality ootb, their instruments are inspirational. Dune3 (to name a recent release) has a better sound engine and when you hear some presets you go "wow". But when I start playing with Pigment, I'm more inspired than with Dune3. For the moment I'm mainly playing with ambient elements in Pigments; the way you can have evolving textures and sequences is great. I guess there are a lot of better synths for basses and leads, but we gave plenty of those.
As for the sound: I have a rack with saturators and a delay that gives more oumph to a sound. I typically slam this after a Arturia synth, to give it the necessary oumph boost.

Stefken wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:15 pm
ATS wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 am
Stefken wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm
ATS wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 pm I just bought the V6 + Pigments upgrade but my Pigments is still only a 30 day license! Anyone else have this problem?
Resync your licenses in Arturia Software Center?
support got back to me, it was some sort of glitch. They have now added it to my account. However I think a lot of their other synths are better than this one myself.
Imo Pigment excels in modulation and usability. The sound engine imo is nothing special.

But what I find with Arturia softsynths: while there are synths with a better sound quality ootb, their instruments are inspirational. Dune3 (to name a recent release) has a better sound engine and when you hear some presets you go "wow". But when I start playing with Pigment, I'm more inspired than with Dune3. For the moment I'm mainly playing with ambient elements in Pigments; the way you can have evolving textures and sequences is great. I guess there are a lot of better synths for basses and leads, but we gave plenty of those.
As for the sound: I have a rack with saturators and a delay that gives more oumph to a sound. I typically slam this after a Arturia synth, to give it the necessary oumph boost.
Another thing that is awesome about Pigments, is that one can "reuse" fx units. One could have 9 delays, or 7 reverbs and 2 phasers, or 5 distortions and 4 compressors, or......etc. Love that

machinesworking wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:31 pm If the production manager would have anticipated the logical short name (Pig) they would have chosen a different name...
Why? how often are people talking about the name of a synth before anything else?
I actually can't remember a time?

Should have just called it Pig IMO, brother of Zebra and Falcon, distant relative of Elephant and Chameleon.
:help:
:lol:

I think the most sensible thing would have been to call it PolyChrome, but really who cares anyway.

BTW, I'd be interested in tips on suitable free saturators or similar and their settings to beef up the sound for this synth. Now THAT would be worth something. :wink:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:43 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:31 pm If the production manager would have anticipated the logical short name (Pig) they would have chosen a different name...
Why? how often are people talking about the name of a synth before anything else?

Should have just called it Pig IMO, brother of Zebra and Falcon, distant relative of Elephant and Chameleon.

I think the most sensible thing would have been to call it PolyChrome, but really who cares anyway.

BTW, I'd be interested in tips on suitable free saturators or similar and their settings to beef up the sound for this synth. Now THAT would be worth something. :wink:
Softube saturation knob is very nice freebie.
It's in the rack that I use to oumph the sound.

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:03 pm When the biggest critic is focused on the name, I become convinced that Arturia achieved something :hihi:
Hear-hear.

That said, I don’t need this, but what else am I going to spend my money on? Plugins are so inexpensive, really, and if it brings me a few hours of fun (at the upgrade price of $70), that’s a meal at a good restaurant that’s a one-night stand. The VST is mine for life to use. Stay in a weekend and that pays for it. Damn, I think I just convinced myself. Say “yeah!”

Whoa...the $69 upgrade went up to $149 in my account? That’s beyond fun money.

Same here! I have a minimab 2 and was expecting a discounted price of 99. But it shows 149 for me. Are others also noticing this change in pricing?

Did you "$149" guys bother to scroll all the way down in your cart to see the bottom line? ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am Did you "$149" guys bother to scroll all the way down in your cart to see the bottom line? ;-)

/Joachim
No, it wasn't that. Must have been a temporary site problem, as this morning it's now back as a $69 upgrade.

P
I
G
M
E
N
T
S

PMTS

predetermined motion time system

?

:clown:

Stefken wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:41 pm Softube saturation knob is very nice freebie.
It's in the rack that I use to oumph the sound.
Thanks Stefken!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Bodhisan wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:33 am
Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am Did you "$149" guys bother to scroll all the way down in your cart to see the bottom line? ;-)

/Joachim
No, it wasn't that. Must have been a temporary site problem, as this morning it's now back as a $69 upgrade.
My upgrade is $99. I wonder what determines the upgrade price level.

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:41 pm
Bodhisan wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:33 am

/Joachim
My upgrade is $99. I wonder what determines the upgrade price level.
afaik v-collection 5-owners $99, v collection 6-owners $69...

thanks, I thought it might be based on account content

SparkySpark wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:43 pm

They’re not free, but Arturia’s own Preamp emulations are pretty good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

So, I had a some time with Pigments yesterday. This would have been a cool plugin 10 years ago. Do yourself a favor and buy ArcSyn instead.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”