Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just watch out for specials once in a while, like those black and white comps from IK Multimedia, they only came with a particular issue for a limited period.

Funny, how everyplugin counts the prices.
E. g. in their main page, ad that "PSOUND, 50 % off all products",
http://everyplugin.com/
but when you click the add, e.g. Bandoneon, original price $ 65, sale price
$ 55,25, and same concerns all the sale prices.
http://everyplugin.com/catalogsearch/ad ... turer[]=71

$ 9,75 is hardly 50 % off $ 65...

We ended the PSound promo a day earlier (11th instead of 12th).
Goanna fix it now, thanks for the heads up.
Koby

everyPlugin.com wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:15 pm We ended the PSound promo a day earlier (11th instead of 12th).
Goanna fix it now, thanks for the heads up.
Koby
To which direction do you "fix" it - prices down, or main site ad away...?

Prices down. Back to yesterday's pricing.
The promo's gonna end today at 12:00 PM EST, that's less than 4 hours from now.

Do you guys know if Jam Origin's MIDI thing goes on sale ever?

Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 am For just $99.99, get the massive 15GB+ Sound Designer Toolkit 1, 2 & 3 by Sound Ideas. This is truly an essential “Must-have” for any musician and sound designer.

The scope of sounds offered is so diverse that for $99 you are getting the holy grail of cinematic sound design. The sounds included are great to fuse as musical elements in any production.

Originally $1485, now available for just $99.99 for a limited time only (you save a whopping $1385). You don’t want to miss this!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals
Deal expires: Wed, Jan 23rd at midnight (EST)
The sounds from Sound Ideas are top notch.

yehboy1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:18 pm What is an "account takeover" in a listing? Is it legit? Shady?
When the account takeover is a way to avoid paying transfer fees or to transfer libraries that are not resellable, that's not legit. Depends for each developer.

dzilizzi wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 am And the nice thing about CM is that it is forever. Music Tech only has the last 5 or so available. And they don't always download well - as in I can't get them to unzip properly half the time.
Music Tech system is pretty awful.

monomox wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm Do you guys know if Jam Origin's MIDI thing goes on sale ever?
Don’t think so. I checked their website out of curiosity around Black Friday and Christmas.

I own their software, and it works pretty well. Although I haven’t seen any sign of an update in a year, I’m hoping it isn’t abandonware.

Do you have Reaper? If so, there’s a trick you can do with the stock plugins to mimic the function of Jam Origin.

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:27 am
Do you have Reaper? If so, there’s a trick you can do with the stock plugins to mimic the function of Jam Origin.
I do have Reaper and I've used ReaTune. I guess it's something you can use, but it's far from ideal. I haven't tried JO's demo, but I'm expecting it to be cleaner. ReaTune picks up releases, harmonics, etc., so when I record MIDI, I find extra notes here and there and it's a bit of a drag. It's also not polyphonic. I've tried adding gates, compressors, transient processors, etc. It gets better, but I'm still looking for something that easily lets me use my guitar as a MIDI controller (to input chords, melodies, etc.).
How does JO compare in your experience? (My experience with ReaTUne is poor enough that I don't believe anyone would pay $100 for something similar).

ReaTune vs Jam Origin: https://youtu.be/wQARhcHvYVc?t=2m21s (start at 2:21 since KVR starts from the beginning).

Then you've got hardware like the Sonuus MIDI converters: https://www.iconnectivity.com/sonuus-shop

And Roland's GK-3, which is a MIDI pickup: https://www.iconnectivity.com/sonuus-shop

Have to agree. Paid 10 quid or so last summer. The process ib electronic format is horrendous to get the downloads. Way too complex and involved.
Its so convoluted with having to use a computer and then then phone or device to download the issues and with so many hoops to jump through the process for the end result...I've written it off.don't bother.
Unless I'm doing it wrong as I can seem to do the whole process of one device ie my computer which is where you want the files.
monomox wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm Do you guys know if Jam Origin's MIDI thing goes on sale ever?
Don’t think so. I checked their website out of curiosity around Black Friday and Christmas.

I own their software, and it works pretty well. Although I haven’t seen any sign of an update in a year, I’m hoping it isn’t abandonware.

Last edited by MFXxx on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello,
there's a 5% Coupon code on Motiv'Sound for the New Website Opening.
5% all product with the code = XLFTGH34MS
Https://www.motivsound.com
Corentin
Last edited by Corentin_801 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show the World the producer you are !
www.motivsound.com

monomox wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 am
I do have Reaper and I've used ReaTune. I guess it's something you can use, but it's far from ideal. I haven't tried JO's demo, but I'm expecting it to be cleaner. ReaTune picks up releases, harmonics, etc., so when I record MIDI, I find extra notes here and there and it's a bit of a drag. It's also not polyphonic. I've tried adding gates, compressors, transient processors, etc. It gets better, but I'm still looking for something that easily lets me use my guitar as a MIDI controller (to input chords, melodies, etc.).
How does JO compare in your experience? (My experience with ReaTUne is poor enough that I don't believe anyone would pay $100 for something similar).
I personally like Midi Bass and Midi Guitar (basically you get both for one price, which is the one bargain I know about). I also got the update to 2.x for free from version 1.
They built in some interesting capabilities in the meantime, like VST hosting, IR reverbs, Midi Machine etc. so it's a rather complete and compact solution for a complete tone (which makes it easier to create full presets). Since Bitwig can have any kind of plugin in any order, it's rather convenient to set up such plugins even without that though, so I often put it on one track alone and then route that to several other tracks for the instruments/effects to drive with the Midi.
Since I'm not the cleanest guitar player, I can't comment on how good the tracking is when you are more accomplished, I personally get quite a lot of tiny notes from finger noises and for instance the moment you let go of a string, but I probably didn't invest enough time to properly set up the gate and sensitivity I guess. For some VST instruments this is problematic, others seem to just ignore the tiny notes...

Try the demo and see how it works for you, I personally would recommend it and think the price is good, especially if you also have a bass.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”