BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

odz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:46 pm Chebyshev is a known name in mathematics and signal processing. I'm guessing it's a filter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chebyshev_filter
That looks very complicated, I'm glad it only has one knob to turn, tee-hee.

arrakeen wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 pm Awesome, I just hope I finish some music... ooh, this rabbit hole looks very interesting... what's down here then. :oops:
Where are you having problems finishing music and what genre do you make?

"Your hardware modular rig is completely integrated, with dedicated grid modules for sending any control, trigger, or pitch signal as CV Out and receiving any CV In"

My Expert Sleepers ES-3's will be in melt down!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Really hyped on this. Think the hardware modular game is way overpriced to play in, but this seems like it might really be the second best thing (assuming that this will be better than Native Instruments offering).

Excited to see what all the fuss is about :D

Very cool!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Can't wait

Did not see that coming so soon. I had some serious reservations about this idea but it actually looks user friendly.

I'm wondering how this will effect my recently acquired Bitwig 2 license. Also, GPU rendering is a fair question.

And yes, it's beautiful.
-JH

Well timed! Excited.

giorgiomartini wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:55 pm
arrakeen wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 pm Awesome, I just hope I finish some music... ooh, this rabbit hole looks very interesting... what's down here then. :oops:
Where are you having problems finishing music and what genre do you make?
I think he's saying he hopes he finishes music since the modular environment will be so distracting and fun.

Looks very promising. Very glad I am on board for the ride.

This looks incredible!

I have to say though, I really just want time stretch in the sampler and GPU acceleration.

The time stretch is especially whats keeping me from abandoning Ableton Live completely.

If both of those are also implemented my brain is probably going to explode. :hyper: :hyper:

In just a few years Bitwig has managed to develop this incredibly impressive platform, meanwhile Ableton eeked out a comparatively minor update to v10 (IMO) with moderate UI tweaks and essentially just changed the link between Max/Msp from Java to C++, resulting in improved loading times. It's pretty clear what happened to Ableton's best developers. :D :D

Hats off to the Bitwig Devs! :party: :tu:

mmahan40 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm Ableton eeked out a comparatively minor update to v10
What, you got SEVEN favorite categories which are stupidly inflexible, a high resolution font, and groups in groups! How are you not just throwing money at the screen for Live 10?

Wow wow wow wow wow!

odz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm
mmahan40 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm Ableton eeked out a comparatively minor update to v10
What, you got SEVEN favorite categories which are stupidly inflexible, a high resolution font, and groups in groups! How are you not just throwing money at the screen for Live 10?
Lol. Right?

Seeing how they've not announced ability to edit existing devices, I hope Poly Grid comes with presets called e.g. "Polysynth", "Phase-4" and "Sampler", while the FX Grid with e.g. "Delay-4", "Reverb" and "Amp" :)

:pray:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Bitwig”