SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

EDIT: Ok I went through the Max Instrument list. Here's what I care about:

Andean Pipes PM
Bamboo Flute PM
Formant Pad
Formant Strings
Modeled Breath Bow
Male and Female Voices

That's it since I don't need loops or any more drums (filler, I can see now why they resisted posting a list). I already own ST3 and Miro and Sonic Synth and a bunch of other libraries so it looks like it's SE for me then. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Spin Boyz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 pm
mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 am I bought Sampletank in 2003... when it was only 32 bit....

Anyway, I still had extra points and did the Sampletank 4 upgrade and knocked off $59 off the $199.

Ordered the USB/boxed version and there IS a shipping fee of $12.99 (and Florida sales tax)
Still a decent price and looking forward to it.

Mike
That interesting. I ordered the USB/Boxed version too, but was not charged shipping nor TN sales tax.
Good to know thanks.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:07 pm EDIT: Ok I went through the Max Instrument list. Here's what I care about:

Andean Pipes PM
Bamboo Flute PM
Formant Pad
Formant Strings
Modeled Breath Bow
Male and Female Voices

That's it since I don't need loops or any more drums (filler, I can see now why they resisted posting a list). I already own ST3 and Miro and Sonic Synth and a bunch of other libraries so it looks like it's SE for me then. :shrug:
The synth stuff is about the only part of the main library that interests me. I'm hoping it's closer to what I thought syntronic would be. But for $150-ish all the other interface and functionality improvements made it a no-brainer update for Max. I'm hopeful the streaming option will make it so I can use ST4 in my templates instead of just a scratch pad, which is how I use ST3.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

There is a request for the different versions, yes. And as far as "from day one" - yes, there should be, from the day of release that would be great but we're in pre-order period and it is not uncommon nor unique to IK to have some information not available during the pre-order period. There is a risk/reward with regard to getting the best discount if you pre-order based on the information available, but again the versions' lists and possible comparisons have been requested.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 am We've added a master list of what's in SampleTank 4 MAX here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nfo#sounds (bottom of the page).
I added emphasis for those having trouble finding the list.

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:43 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 am For anybody wondering about the synth/oscillator sampling, this is as thorough as Syntronik (if not more so), still helmed by the inimitable and formidable Erik Norlander (co-designer of our UNO Synth analog synthesizer, one of the leads on the Andromeda A6 and Product Manager for many great products during that time, extremely active with The Bob Moog Foundation, a well-traveled touring keyboardist also with many great recording credits under his belt) who knows a thing or two about synthesis and definitely "goes deep" when it comes to sampling analog synths for the best possible sound.

Also note that all synth sounds in SampleTank 4 use the DRIFT™ technology found in Syntronik.
First of all celebrity mention is at this moment without result is more of a marketing gimic :) And talking about Galaxy (wich was handled by Eric) was quite dissapointing when it come to patches. Alot of raw oscillator samples were not much use due to how syntronik/sampletank was limited. :wink:

St4 will have to speak for itself about that 20gb synth part :-)

But i must say new features do open up alot in st4 and you did a great job with uno and t-racks 5(besides those bugs that i reported and are known for the team since summer and hasnt been fixed since) so im very curious and still looking forward (despite the fact that i dont actually need it, but i have a spot for IK Multimedia :-D ) :-)
Not a gimmick at all. He works for IK (co-designed UNO Synth, Syntronik wouldn't exist nor would either be anywhere near as good without him) and happens to have a lot of great credits. If a previous project wasn't your cup of tea, that's obviously fine as you're entitled to your opinion but Erik's skills and how they are lent to great IK products is not opinion. Though opinions on UNO Synth certainly bolster opinions of Erik as well and that's well-deserved. If you haven't watched or read interviews with Erik, especially when talking about UNO Synth, I highly recommend doing so. He's probably forgotten more about analog synthesis than many of us here know.

griffin wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:42 pm In the article about extending the pre order price till launch it said the 28th Jan
Not our official news that you can find by clicking here or browsing https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/ (we also sent out newsletters about this, if you don't get them please sign up at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter

Spin Boyz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 pm
mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 am I bought Sampletank in 2003... when it was only 32 bit....

Anyway, I still had extra points and did the Sampletank 4 upgrade and knocked off $59 off the $199.

Ordered the USB/boxed version and there IS a shipping fee of $12.99 (and Florida sales tax)
Still a decent price and looking forward to it.

Mike
That interesting. I ordered the USB/Boxed version too, but was not charged shipping nor TN sales tax.
same here, in europe though

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:26 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:43 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 am For anybody wondering about the synth/oscillator sampling, this is as thorough as Syntronik (if not more so), still helmed by the inimitable and formidable Erik Norlander (co-designer of our UNO Synth analog synthesizer, one of the leads on the Andromeda A6 and Product Manager for many great products during that time, extremely active with The Bob Moog Foundation, a well-traveled touring keyboardist also with many great recording credits under his belt) who knows a thing or two about synthesis and definitely "goes deep" when it comes to sampling analog synths for the best possible sound.

Also note that all synth sounds in SampleTank 4 use the DRIFT™ technology found in Syntronik.
First of all celebrity mention is at this moment without result is more of a marketing gimic :) And talking about Galaxy (wich was handled by Eric) was quite dissapointing when it come to patches. Alot of raw oscillator samples were not much use due to how syntronik/sampletank was limited. :wink:

St4 will have to speak for itself about that 20gb synth part :-)

But i must say new features do open up alot in st4 and you did a great job with uno and t-racks 5(besides those bugs that i reported and are known for the team since summer and hasnt been fixed since) so im very curious and still looking forward (despite the fact that i dont actually need it, but i have a spot for IK Multimedia :-D ) :-)
Not a gimmick at all. He works for IK (co-designed UNO Synth, Syntronik wouldn't exist nor would either be anywhere near as good without him) and happens to have a lot of great credits. If a previous project wasn't your cup of tea, that's obviously fine as you're entitled to your opinion but Erik's skills and how they are lent to great IK products is not opinion. Though opinions on UNO Synth certainly bolster opinions of Erik as well and that's well-deserved. If you haven't watched or read interviews with Erik, especially when talking about UNO Synth, I highly recommend doing so. He's probably forgotten more about analog synthesis than many of us here know.
:tu:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:23 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 am We've added a master list of what's in SampleTank 4 MAX here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nfo#sounds (bottom of the page).
I added emphasis for those having trouble finding the list.
I just now paid attention that list is of Max version, not the standart. Will there be sound content comparison between all versions?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:20 pm There is a request for the different versions, yes. And as far as "from day one" - yes, there should be, from the day of release that would be great but we're in pre-order period and it is not uncommon nor unique to IK to have some information not available during the pre-order period. There is a risk/reward with regard to getting the best discount if you pre-order based on the information available, but again the versions' lists and possible comparisons have been requested.
Sorry Peter, I have to disagree.

Those who pre-order ST4 MAX can see the 200 GB of NEW sounds are included (but please see my next post), so they have little risk, for the best discount. Those who pre-order ST4 or ST4 SE do not know what new sounds are included, so their risk could be significant.

Simple lists of the instrument files for ST4 SE, ST4 and ST4 MAX would be a very good start and take just a few minutes (e.g. using the Command Window / Tree command in Windows: tree X:/SampleTank 4/Instruments >> ST4Inst.txt /a /f ).
Last edited by DarkStar on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Peter, to make sure that I am interpreting the list correctly;
DarkStar wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm Looking at, for example:
Red Strat 20,000
Hammer On
Harmonics
Palm Mute Downstroke
Palm Mute Upstroke
Power Chords
Slides
Sustain Downstroke
Sustain Upstroke
Does that mean that:
  • -- there are several Red Stratocaster instruments?
    -- totalling 20 GB?
    -- there are 8 articulations?
    -- each articulation is available as a separate instrument?
    -- there is also a key-switched instrument combining all 8 articulations?
And there are 3 new C7 pianos, 12 GB each?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Well as I have the ST3 standard version, and have ordered the ST4 standard version, I am interested to know what I am getting in the way of new instruments.

So far I have been able to deduce that the difference from ST3 to ST4 standard is an additional 70 GB of new samples and 2000 new instruments. I really hope there is more than 70 GB of new didgeridoo samples! :lol:

(ST3 has around 30 GB of samples and 4000 instruments, and no didgeridoo.)
Windows 10 and too many plugins

First, thank you to Peter for getting a few of our concerns to the "powers that be".

Second, as someone who has gone through all the iterations of Sampletank plus bought most of the third-party (Sonic Reality) and IK sample sets, I agree with most of what Teksonik has said.

Also, thanks to DarkStar for posting the question above concerning one of the instrument sets. I'd like to get a little more in-depth information about that stuff too.

Additionally, I'm curious to know what kind of sampling detail those instruments consist of (layers, round robins) especially compared to previous versions of similar instruments. For instance, is the level of sampling comparable to the difference between Sonic Reality's Studiophonik collection and their Bass Capsule or something more on the level of what you get with Kontakt instruments (sans scripting)?
DarkStar wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:35 pm Peter, to make sure that I am interpreting the list correctly;
DarkStar wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm Looking at, for example:
Red Strat 20,000
Hammer On
Harmonics
Palm Mute Downstroke
Palm Mute Upstroke
Power Chords
Slides
Sustain Downstroke
Sustain Upstroke
Does that mean that:
  • -- there are several Red Stratocaster instruments?
    -- totalling 20 GB?
    -- there are 8 articulations?
    -- each articulation is available as a separate instrument?
    -- there is also a key-switched instrument combining all 8 articulations?
And there are 3 new C7 pianos, 12 GB each?

Nice!! Although, I noticed you haven't sampled the 3 headed emu. What's up with that?!? :ud:

Return to “Instruments”