New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Ableton Live 10 users on Windows 10 (and maybe users of other software too), Windows 10 1803 has fixes from MS side to problems with GUIs (mostly HiDPI-related), stopping Windows updates is a common practice, but you may want to update to 1803 (of course, check if other important software has problems with it first, though here I had no problems with any).

Also some GPU drivers are just crap, so you may want to try going to your GPU's software and disabling the discrete GPU for Live, leaving the integrated Intel one (I assume most people are not doing 3D in Ableton Live).

I had problems with several software, disabling the discrete GPU for those solved those problems. Computer is quieter too since the GPU (and its fan) doesn't kick up for every software I open (disabling GPU for Chrome helped a lot with that).

cthonophonic wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:15 am
Terrafractyl wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 am Hmm nope nothing to do with Sync/Freerunning, Hz vs dotted or triplets. Swing (sometimes reffered to as Shuffle) is where the 2nd and 4th beat of the bar are offset later than the 1st and 3rd.
I can currently see no way to apply this.

In my modular synth, If I clock a sequencer from a square wave LFO, modulating the pulse width of that square wave can give me swing, hence my suggestion of PWM, although I'm sure there is a better way.
You can create shuffled triggers with a couple of square LFOs: one set to 16th notes with a narrow pulse width, for your main clock; another set to 8th notes with 50% pulse width, controlling the phase of the 16ths. The amplitude of the 8th-note LFO will control the amount of swing, and its phase should be somewhere between, say, 10-40% because you want it to be zero on the 1. I don't have BYOME for envelope triggers, but I've attached a Sandman Pro example preset with a shuffled sequence.
Thanks!!! I had a feeling there was a way and I just hadn't clicked.... Back to
To work then!
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Tappistry wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 am
thelizard wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 pm We sent in a build that fixes the Max devices issue, but PA doesn't want to release it until there's a more comprehensive fix in place. We found a JUCE issue causing the multiple window issue (so we are waiting on them) and have fixed another bug with the Cubase 10 HiDPI support.
Any chance you will leave PA at one point?
I find your plugins the only interesting ones in their portfolio and it's my impression that you don't really fit in there too well, most other stuff they have is pretty bad or boring.
I'd actually think you would be better off without them, at least from my perspective as a user.
I find them a bit on the annoying side as a company.
Liked it better when you were still solo :-)

Cheers,

Tom
Agreed

Basically the only plugs I’ve bought from PA have been the UA lineup. The vast majority of the console emulations and assorted plugins with skeuomorphic UIs just don’t interest me.
I disagree... but then if we all agree and used exactly the same things in our productions, music will be alot more boring.

I find plenty to like about the Plugin Alliance stable.

I made a preset for Sandman Pro to really FSU. Here's a demo!
https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/sandman-pro-test

It would be nice to have switches that let you ONLY use a specific set of tempo-sync values. So say I want to use just Triplets, then I hit the switch and it lets my cycle through only the Triplet value, bypassing all the others.

Hopefully that makes sense as a feature request.

Also if anyone wants that preset, lemme know and I"ll upload it.
:borg:

Another test using a custom Glitch Kit I made with Permut8

Original Track
https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/permut8glitchkit

UA FX Track featuring SpecOPS and Sandman Pro w/Daw Automation and custom patches
https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/u ... glitch-kit
:borg:

Sounds like C,S and N

simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:02 am
Tappistry wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 am
thelizard wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 pm We sent in a build that fixes the Max devices issue, but PA doesn't want to release it until there's a more comprehensive fix in place. We found a JUCE issue causing the multiple window issue (so we are waiting on them) and have fixed another bug with the Cubase 10 HiDPI support.
Any chance you will leave PA at one point?
I find your plugins the only interesting ones in their portfolio and it's my impression that you don't really fit in there too well, most other stuff they have is pretty bad or boring.
I'd actually think you would be better off without them, at least from my perspective as a user.
I find them a bit on the annoying side as a company.
Liked it better when you were still solo :-)

Cheers,

Tom
Agreed

Basically the only plugs I’ve bought from PA have been the UA lineup. The vast majority of the console emulations and assorted plugins with skeuomorphic UIs just don’t interest me.
I disagree... but then if we all agree and used exactly the same things in our productions, music will be alot more boring.

I find plenty to like about the Plugin Alliance stable.
box console E has been the most remarkable addition to my setup in some time. just imagine everything sounding a lot better, with more space and more glue. it’s a masterfully creative piece of code.

Hey UA, will the new modulators (Chaos/Probability) also make their way into Dent2 etc.? And if so, ETA PLS :D

Any news on the Lion synth?

euanek wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:01 pm Any news on the Lion synth?
End of April presumably...

Ah cool yeah I just saw the other thread on the plugin alliance instruments. My bad!

Hi everyone,

We've been busy working on a large round of patches. We sent in new updates for Dent, Indent, Sandman Pro, SpecOps, Zip, and BYOME. These patches fix the intermittent project load crashes that some people are experiencing, along with greatly improving Windows HiDPI support. For BYOME, interface rendering performance has been greatly improved. We've also added some workflow improvements, like a preset menu button to unlock all controls.

thelizard wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:16 pm Hi everyone,

We've been busy working on a large round of patches. We sent in new updates for Dent, Indent, Sandman Pro, SpecOps, Zip, and BYOME. These patches fix the intermittent project load crashes that some people are experiencing, along with greatly improving Windows HiDPI support. For BYOME, interface rendering performance has been greatly improved. We've also added some workflow improvements, like a preset menu button to unlock all controls.
:hyper:

How long might it take PA to bring these updates/patches online?

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 pm
thelizard wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:16 pm Hi everyone,

:hyper:

How long might it take PA to bring these updates/patches online?
Don‘t expect them before Easter...
They are busy to sell their NEW synth Thorn...

I'm sure the multitude of us using Ableton would appreciate these updates getting a fairly prompt release. :)

Return to “Effects”