Someone said this was Snake Oil...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcbpete wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:52 am
jens wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:39 am...praising Fuse Audio...
Yep, for me Fuse Audio Labs does what Acustica hypes

Hmmm, never heard of them, will have to check em out! Thanks
---------------------------
http://www.thaproducerz.com

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:04 am The whole Acustica Audio line does require a paradigm shift that some just wint make. When I first bought Nebula, it got thrown in the unused folder as one, the awful noise it made when pushed hard was simply unacceptable and 2 yes, the CPU requirements was ridiculous.

But it dawned on me one day what the actual point was and it went like this, if i could take my tracks to an all analog studio with unlimited acce$$ to any analog gear i wanted, how would the texture of my music change as opposed to its current sound. I thought damn, thats sone expensive daydreaming, and tuen gave it a shot. But it wasnt until i grabbed some third party libraries that the gold was shown to me, a couple of SSL consoles libraries from Alex B and a collection of tape libraries from CDSM, blew my mind and ive nevwr looked back.

I litterally have a million dollar sound with the simple setup i have.

But yeah, its not for everyone.

Sorry, but that is nothing more than religious sermon. There are numerous vendors out there who sell
very authentic emulations of expensive studio gear. The afore-mentioned Fuse Audio Labs and Overloud being amongst them, Cytomic being another highly prominent example.

So what, in clear terms, no religious fantasies please, would be the advatage of Nebula in comparison? We all know the huge disadvantages of that technology, so now let's talk about the advantages - if you can, that is.

When you use digital emulations, you do not use the analog gear iself. Instead you use aproximations, whether it's Nebula or some other technology. In regards to Nebula, we already know that is it spot on - except where it isn't. Aren't there some well documented examples/situations where Nebula is incapable of emulating what it seeks to emulate? Several artifacts? So it isn't a perfect emulation and the other technologies nowadays come really really close too. So again: what, factually speaking, ARE the advantages of Nebula?

Could you perhaps post some real world examples between Nebula and another emulation as compared to the original where Nebula audibly excels? Bmanic perhaps? :razz:

Now THAT would be something meaningful, quite unlike rambling something along the lines of
"But it dawned on me one day what the actual point was and it went like this, if i could take my tracks to an all analog studio with unlimited acce$$ to any analog gear i wanted, how would the texture of my music change as opposed to its current sound.".
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:52 am
jochicago wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:28 am
YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:57 am Have you tried Acustica Audio plugins ? Im genuinely asking.
Practically useless. It is impossible to mix a song with these plugins since they use up huge chunks of the processing power. 3 or 4 plugins and even the most powerful machine is on its knees.

I don't understand why these plugins are made, and who is buying them. They do sound good, as a cool gimmick.
Im using around 16 instances in the review with plenty of CPU left, my specs are:

Asus Z97 motherboard
Intel i7 4770 3.6ghz
32 gigs DR3 Ram
Windows 10
Mbox2
5 sata hardrives 7200(no ssd)

The most i was able to run was 78 instances with a 2048 buffer setting using Reaper 5.

You have to take to consideration that mixing engeneers who use hardware use the least possible buffer size or at least maximum suggested that doea not cause problems (64-512). So its understandable that under such conditions this plugin is a cpu hog. Im using hardware and i cannot use more then 256 because hw gets unstable + there are plugins that can add 50ms and more latency.

Nm

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:57 am Actually not click bait, there was another review on youtube that stated this was Snake Oil. I reviewed it as well to clarify some things about it.
Doesn't have to be untrue to be clickbait, it just needs to waste people's time. This title does not make the actual subject clear so will draw people in who would not otherwise have engaged with a more helpful title (e.g. "my video review of Acustica Viridian").

For example, I don't ordinarily look at Acustica threads because I have no interest in running 2048 samples of latency for mix plugins that cost Eurorack money. You baited me.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Using an Mbox2 under windows 10? Its amazing you can get that to work at all. Other
than a few hacks by avid to unlock it and make it work with windows 7, it's driver is
basically unchanged since 2009. I had to stop using mine due to never ending compatibility
issues with pretty much every current DAW, including protools.

IIRC, someone wrote a linux driver for it, making it an option there. Other than that, it
makes a fine paper weight.

I was not really that impressed by Viridian but i do use some other Aqua plug-ins, which are damn good. And luckily they get more useable with each new release.
But it's like with UAD, or CPU hungry synths, you can't use them on every track because resources won't allow it. You have to render some more to keep using everything.
More BPM please

spoontechnique wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:46 am Nice clickbait title to promote your video. Looks like nothing special, as far as channel strips go.
Found the whiteseastudio guy.. :hihi:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:51 pm Found the whiteseastudio guy.. :hihi:
From his latest video I've finally found a plugin that even the slutz thinks is overpriced - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... range.html

Even the CEO pops in to dig himself a hole :D

mcbpete wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:54 pm
From his latest video I've finally found a plugin that even the slutz thinks is overpriced - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... range.html

Reading that thread was amusing :hihi:

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:04 am I litterally have a million dollar sound with the simple setup i have.

Wow you actually made a million dollars with your music produced with acoustica plugins?

mcbpete wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:54 pm

I knew that pricing was familiar... Algorithmix!

I used to watch some video's from this whiteseastudio guy. He's basically saying the same thing over and over again, which boils down to: hardware good, software bad.

He sounds (and looks) like some 16 year old spoiled brat playing around in daddy's hardware studio. I don't think his 'reviews' can be taken seriously.

I also used to be an all hardware guy, thinking software can never sound good. But I know better now :D

Ploki wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:26 pm
YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:04 am I litterally have a million dollar sound with the simple setup i have.

Wow you actually made a million dollars with your music produced with acoustica plugins?
Not USD. I think he meant Iranian Rial.

Return to “Effects”