Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cherry Audio (home of the new Voltage Modular synths)

Transfers allowed with no fees, no NFR. Just a simple email to support to transfer licenses. :tu:

PAlliance seem to have corrected the NFR limitation and their plug-ins are now open for instant transfer. / Jonas

SonicProjects:

In a nutshell - YES, email them first for permission, then pay a $15 fee. License becomes NFR!

Here's the details:

I thought I'd add this to the list as up until now I was never clear on their policy and there was no reliable info to be found.

I enquired directly to SonicProjects about selling my OP-X Pro II and this was their response which I've copy pasted here for reference:

"The first step is asking us for permission which you did herby and it's ok from our side.

The second step is, once you found a buyer, to send us the personal data (full name and living addres) plus email address of the buyer. The buyer must know that the license becomes an NFR (not for further resale anymore) after the transfer. Also he must make sure before that the plugin works in his system (by checking out the demo version).

There's a small transfer fee of currently $15 which has to be payed before we complete the transfer, which serves to prevent abuse and to cover our administrative work. Once we received the buyer's data we will send a dedicated link to you to pay the fee. Once the fee is paid we'll create a new license and will send this one directly to the new licensee, while your entries are deleted. To complete the transfer you'll finally be obligated to delete your installers and keys and all backups of it."

There should really be a public google doc where we can look up the license transfer conditions of most vendors before buying.

I had to learn the hard way with waves and pianoteq. Learned my lesson, never will buy from companies with ridiculous license transfer policies again.

deleted
Last edited by pokopoko on Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

JNS WRNHD wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:15 am PAlliance seem to have corrected the NFR limitation and their plug-ins are now open for instant transfer. / Jonas
I would remain cautious about this as their website still states: "You cannot transfer (...) licenses that were previously transferred to you."

iftango wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:34 pm
JNS WRNHD wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:15 am PAlliance seem to have corrected the NFR limitation and their plug-ins are now open for instant transfer. / Jonas
I would remain cautious about this as their website still states: "You cannot transfer (...) licenses that were previously transferred to you."
That might be, and caution is a virtue, but i have all my licenses ready for transfer. A bunch of them are previously transferred to me and i have already transferred some of them to others. Let´s hope the matter is resolved. / Jonas

Anyone know how Bitwig's License transfer process works exactly ?

JNS WRNHD wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:58 pm Toontrack

Toontrack allow transfer in a free, easy and fast way.
IMHO one of the best, most customer-friendly companies when it comes to license transfers. They respond quickly and sometimes even on holidays and weekends.

joe_b wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm There should really be a public google doc where we can look up the license transfer conditions of most vendors before buying.

I had to learn the hard way with waves and pianoteq. Learned my lesson, never will buy from companies with ridiculous license transfer policies again.
I followed up on this idea and created this thread with a google doc.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=520503

Anyone is welcome to participate and enter information for companies :)

FXpansion, a craptastic company... Does anyone know if they allow the sale and transfer of licenses for legacy products?

2:43AM wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:22 am FXpansion, a craptastic company... Does anyone know if they allow the sale and transfer of licenses for legacy products?
Yes, but you still need to pay their transfer fee. I've tried arguing that they're no longer supported, but it mattered not.

2:43AM wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:22 am FXpansion, a craptastic company... Does anyone know if they allow the sale and transfer of licenses for legacy products?
Their 50 bucks transfer fee is simply ridiculous! :borg:

I have a iRig Keys Pro + SampleTank 3 Bundle to sell but does anyone know whether I need to buy a single license transfer or one for each item? When I look in my user area each item (the keyboard and ST3) have their own entry and transfer button. It just seems like a bit of a con having to pay IKM 24 Euros to sell a piece of hardware.

Thanks

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 amTheir 50 bucks transfer fee is simply ridiculous! :borg:
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:29 am Yes, but you still need to pay their transfer fee. I've tried arguing that they're no longer supported, but it mattered not.
Yep! I agree, pretty extreme...perhaps the highest in the biz.

Thanks for the replies!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”