Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going to guess that even though it says it doesn't work with Windows 7, it will work. I have programs I bought with XP that work with Windows 10. Windows is pretty backwards compatible.

I'm not looking forward to upgrading to 10. But I think everything I have will work with it. I just don't like their upgrading policies.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 pm Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

I seriously need the NI Komplete upgrade sale now. Spring, where are you? :)
Eh, if it requires Kontakt Player then it's not that big a deal. It's when the libraries that don't use NI's DRM require "full" Kontakt 6. And that's probably some time away, as it will definitely impact sales. This requirement wouldn't impact Heavyocity's sales much, if it all.

dzilizzi wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:46 pm I'm going to guess that even though it says it doesn't work with Windows 7, it will work. I have programs I bought with XP that work with Windows 10. Windows is pretty backwards compatible.

I'm not looking forward to upgrading to 10. But I think everything I have will work with it. I just don't like their upgrading policies.
This is precisely the thing - I also just assumed (Tappistry, be kind) it'd work even if not listed as supported - it doesnt! Thats where I was surprised. Do let me know if you decide to try make it work and somehow succeed, Id def be interested to trial the ALK2.

I dont know about their upgrading policy but I have been constantly messed around with their automatic forced updates!

yellowmix wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:40 pm
mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 pm Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

Eh, if it requires Kontakt Player then it's not that big a deal. It's when the libraries that don't use NI's DRM require "full" Kontakt 6. And that's probably some time away, as it will definitely impact sales. This requirement wouldn't impact Heavyocity's sales much, if it all.
At the moment it's more of a workflow thing. I now need to use both Kontakt versions simultaneously.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Best price for Audified ToneSpot Bass Pro?
$44 @ dontcrack.com?

mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 pm At the moment it's more of a workflow thing. I now need to use both Kontakt versions simultaneously.
Understandable, and I don't know if every DAW can do it, but I have every Kontakt instrument in a track template so I don't need to bother with choosing a Kontakt version and finding and loading it in Kontakt. So there is no workflow impact for me.

Insanelysane wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:46 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:46 pm I'm going to guess that even though it says it doesn't work with Windows 7, it will work. I have programs I bought with XP that work with Windows 10. Windows is pretty backwards compatible.

This is precisely the thing - I also just assumed (Tappistry, be kind) it'd work even if not listed as supported - it doesnt! Thats where I was surprised. Do let me know if you decide to try make it work and somehow succeed, Id def be interested to trial the ALK2.

I dont know about their upgrading policy but I have been constantly messed around with their automatic forced updates!
LOL! I meant updating policies. Did you try right clicking and running it in compatibility mode?

pekadan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 pm Best price for Audified ToneSpot Bass Pro?
$44 @ dontcrack.com?
I haven't seen it lower than $49 anywhere so there you go!
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

pekadan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 pm Best price for Audified ToneSpot Bass Pro?
$44 @ dontcrack.com?
Agreed. BestService has it for $45 so if you have any BestCoin stored up that might knock the price down below the DontCrack price.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 pm
mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 pm
Tappistry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Don't those usually happen in the summer, around May or so? I'm debating whether or not to go up to KU or KU:CE. It'll basically depend on how much I want the Symphony series and the extra Maschine packs. :help:
If I remember correctly, they call it Spring sale but it is more towards the end of Spring. Remember, Summer starts on June 21. ;)
Wasn‘t it called Summer of Sound?
Sometimes in summer, sometimes in spring. It's not the same every year.
Somebody compiled their sales history up to Feb 2018. Very comprehensive:
http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/0 ... plete.html

hhuang9611 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:01 am
escalona wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:11 am I don't if it's been shared.
PluginAlliance ACME AudioOpticom XLA-3 only $29
with code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216B
WTF???? I got the code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216A and it only cuts the price to 49. (And sadly, I have placed my order) What kind of trick is this? I am a heavy hitter and on $75 voucher tier, is this how PA repay my loyalty? I'm opening up a ticket now.
Some anecdotal information:
I'm a heavy hitter at the $75 tier and already own the plugin and I did not get a voucher.
One of my sons, who is a heavy hitter at the $25 tier and owns 72 paid plugins, and has purchased something in the last few months got the $49 voucher.
Another son, who is not a heavy hitter and owns 60 purchased plugins and hasn't purchased anything for a while, got the $29 voucher.

If you own a plugin, PA does not send you any sales info and coupons for that plugin. I kind of appreciate that.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

shidostrife wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:14 am
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 pm
mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 pm
Tappistry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Don't those usually happen in the summer, around May or so? I'm debating whether or not to go up to KU or KU:CE. It'll basically depend on how much I want the Symphony series and the extra Maschine packs. :help:
Bookmarked the Google Sheet. :)
If I remember correctly, they call it Spring sale but it is more towards the end of Spring. Remember, Summer starts on June 21. ;)
Wasn‘t it called Summer of Sound?
Sometimes in summer, sometimes in spring. It's not the same every year.
Somebody compiled their sales history up to Feb 2018. Very comprehensive:
http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/0 ... plete.html

i own most PA plugs and they send me promotions about every plugin.
i also got sent got sent a $49 voucher AND a $29 voucher was sent to another email of a PA account i have that i never bought anything with.

I guess they figured if you regularly buy their plugins, you would spend $49 for one. However, if you rarely buy plugins, they need to tempt you back with something lower priced. Probably didn't expect the sharing and discussion they are getting. I wonder what they think about the fact that people they send $49 codes to are using the $29 codes.....

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”