Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Tappistry
KVRian
1215 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:24 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 am
Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

I seriously need the NI Komplete upgrade sale now. Spring, where are you? :)
Don't those usually happen in the summer, around May or so? I'm debating whether or not to go up to KU or KU:CE. It'll basically depend on how much I want the Symphony series and the extra Maschine packs. :help:

mgw38
KVRian
1296 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am

Tappistry wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:24 am
mgw38 wrote:
Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

Don't those usually happen in the summer, around May or so? I'm debating whether or not to go up to KU or KU:CE. It'll basically depend on how much I want the Symphony series and the extra Maschine packs. :help:
If I remember correctly, they call it Spring sale but it is more towards the end of Spring. Remember, Summer starts on June 21. ;)

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3165 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:47 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am
Tappistry wrote:
mgw38 wrote:

If I remember correctly, they call it Spring sale but it is more towards the end of Spring. Remember, Summer starts on June 21. ;)
Wasn‘t it called Summer of Sound?

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

mgw38
KVRian

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:59 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:47 am
Yes, you are right.... :tu:

Insanelysane
KVRist
190 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Tappistry wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:24 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:12 am
Tappistry wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:33 pm
Zen Audio ALK2 just went on sale to celebrate their new Windows release.

https://zenaud.io/
I hadnt heard of these guys, got really curious and downloaded and installed the trial.. only to find out ALK2 doesnt support Windows 7 at all, only 8.1 onwards. I was surprised, somewhat shocked as I always assumed Win 7 was compatible with everything I wanted but looks like finally Win 7 starting to be left behind.

Shame really, looks like fun software but they dont support Win 7 :(
Win 7 is now a 10 year old operating system. Exentded support for it from Microsoft ends next year. Mainstream support (feature upgrades) ended in 2015, and no computer purchased in the last 4 years (or longer) had it pre-installed for that reason.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume that a new developer on the scene who just came out with a new Windows version of ALK2 that was OSX-only until a few days ago would bother to focus on compatibility with an OS that’s been on its way out for sometime and will be totally End of Life by next year.

You’re absolutely right that Win 7 is being left behind, and it’s been happening for a while. No one is forcing you upgrade, but you’re going to have an increasingly more difficult time with new software going forward.
Well, you're right it is going to be more difficult for a Win 7 user like me to get new software working if my system is no longer supported. I was just surprised to see it finally kick in with a seemingly bread and butter scenario shunning me for not having the right specs.

Given the still huge Win 7 user base Id have thought it reasonable to assume Win 7 support up until now - but yes, the times do change and I'll need to consider migration to Windows 10.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1021 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm

I'm going to guess that even though it says it doesn't work with Windows 7, it will work. I have programs I bought with XP that work with Windows 10. Windows is pretty backwards compatible.

I'm not looking forward to upgrading to 10. But I think everything I have will work with it. I just don't like their upgrading policies.

yellowmix
KVRian
926 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from form morf frmo omfr romf

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:40 pm

mgw38 wrote:

Eh, if it requires Kontakt Player then it's not that big a deal. It's when the libraries that don't use NI's DRM require "full" Kontakt 6. And that's probably some time away, as it will definitely impact sales. This requirement wouldn't impact Heavyocity's sales much, if it all.

Insanelysane
KVRist
190 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:46 pm

dzilizzi wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm
I'm going to guess that even though it says it doesn't work with Windows 7, it will work. I have programs I bought with XP that work with Windows 10. Windows is pretty backwards compatible.

I'm not looking forward to upgrading to 10. But I think everything I have will work with it. I just don't like their upgrading policies.
This is precisely the thing - I also just assumed (Tappistry, be kind) it'd work even if not listed as supported - it doesnt! Thats where I was surprised. Do let me know if you decide to try make it work and somehow succeed, Id def be interested to trial the ALK2.

I dont know about their upgrading policy but I have been constantly messed around with their automatic forced updates!

mgw38
KVRian

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:50 pm

yellowmix wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:40 pm
mgw38 wrote:

Eh, if it requires Kontakt Player then it's not that big a deal. It's when the libraries that don't use NI's DRM require "full" Kontakt 6. And that's probably some time away, as it will definitely impact sales. This requirement wouldn't impact Heavyocity's sales much, if it all.
At the moment it's more of a workflow thing. I now need to use both Kontakt versions simultaneously.

pekadan
KVRian
1170 posts since 6 Nov, 2002 from where moose mate, mate

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Best price for Audified ToneSpot Bass Pro?
$44 @ dontcrack.com?

yellowmix
KVRian
926 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from form morf frmo omfr romf

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:04 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:50 pm
At the moment it's more of a workflow thing. I now need to use both Kontakt versions simultaneously.
Understandable, and I don't know if every DAW can do it, but I have every Kontakt instrument in a track template so I don't need to bother with choosing a Kontakt version and finding and loading it in Kontakt. So there is no workflow impact for me.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1021 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Insanelysane wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:46 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm

This is precisely the thing - I also just assumed (Tappistry, be kind) it'd work even if not listed as supported - it doesnt! Thats where I was surprised. Do let me know if you decide to try make it work and somehow succeed, Id def be interested to trial the ALK2.

I dont know about their upgrading policy but I have been constantly messed around with their automatic forced updates!
LOL! I meant updating policies. Did you try right clicking and running it in compatibility mode?

escalona
KVRist
288 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm

pekadan wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm
$44 @ dontcrack.com?
I haven't seen it lower than $49 anywhere so there you go!

soundbylaura
KVRian
661 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:13 pm

pekadan wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm
$44 @ dontcrack.com?
Agreed. BestService has it for $45 so if you have any BestCoin stored up that might knock the price down below the DontCrack price.
Don't let me buy any more ethnic winds.

shidostrife
KVRian
548 posts since 22 Nov, 2016 from Tokyo, Japan

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:14 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:47 am
mgw38 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am
Tappistry wrote:
mgw38 wrote:

Sometimes in summer, sometimes in spring. It's not the same every year.
Somebody compiled their sales history up to Feb 2018. Very comprehensive:
http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/0 ... plete.html

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”